IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

17 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Last time I posted was the mystery meat of mmx2x3 going on.

Since then between today finding the JVC Return of the Jedi SNES cart to match my other 2 for $15, and Outlaw Star blu-ray for $20 (vs 32+ online) was a nice day... earlier in the week I grabbed battletoads and doubledragon snes and bionic commando NES for another $40 I think it was.

I'm slowing, being more meticulous on buying as I want to use.

Also got a very nice gray area cart from fcgamer in the mail in the week -- Squirrel King, a very sketchy but not Genesis/MD cart, they're so skirting the legality of being a 3rd rescue rangers game, it's good, quite good, and more tricky to come by.

pics or it didnt happen

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, NesQuest said:

Picked up this bad boy in a trade yesterday.  Got it from the original owner who had a game shop years back. Included was the original box it was shipped in, straight from Nintendo. Pretty stoked!

20220904_171527.jpg

20220904_171512.jpg

20220904_171428.jpg

20220904_171439.jpg

The amount of jealously I have in my bones is immeasurable. Sick find. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, final fight cd said:

Was this, like a legit trade? You traded item(s) for item? If so, what does one have to trade to get something like this?  I’m assuming these actually are kinda hard to come by so the trade bait surely had to be something magnificent. 

I traded roughly $550 of non-gaming related items.  I've known this person for a few years, so I had some stuff I knew would catch their eye when they were finally willing to part with it.

• Wow! 1

Here's some new stuff!

Nintendo Power issue 270 sealed with Pokemon CD

X4VejQx.jpg

Just Sing! headset bundle sealed 

GvdZOJX.jpg

These two strategy guides

XqHG5dM.jpg

More games, finally tracked down the Blaster Master Zero trilogy through trades

JDykpaL.jpg

Some random stuff 

dKpjk7l.jpg

And this Lego Super Mario store display from Target... it still works! It didn't come with the adapter but it still has the instructions secured to the back. Turns out a standard Arcade1Up adapter works perfectly with it!

1iaTyI1.jpg

• Like 13

So this is a little different. I’ve spoken on here a bunch of times about high speed and it being a really fun game. Little did I know it’s a port of a real pinball game. I thought it would be awesome to have one so I did some research and found someone selling one locally that offered delivery….and the rest is history!

5CA344B8-7DFC-4EB7-91A6-13A7D3666C91.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Love 2

Damn...that's impressive and it's in really clean shape too.  That's a score in itself as they tend to split, crack, warp, have messed up plastics, wears/cracks/flakes off the paint.  That looks sharp and not discolored.  Same cabinet wiring setup as the Pinbot I had, but infinitely the better choice given it's not super touchy about angles and other bs, nor is it an insta kill by design either, it's a fair play table where you earn your losses, not just have them thrown at you without a touch.  Get yourself some Novus 1-2-3 kit and a cloth rag along with electro-static one and give it a nice gentle polishing anywhere that needs it and you're golden.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Damn...that's impressive and it's in really clean shape too.  That's a score in itself as they tend to split, crack, warp, have messed up plastics, wears/cracks/flakes off the paint.  That looks sharp and not discolored.  Same cabinet wiring setup as the Pinbot I had, but infinitely the better choice given it's not super touchy about angles and other bs, nor is it an insta kill by design either, it's a fair play table where you earn your losses, not just have them thrown at you without a touch.  Get yourself some Novus 1-2-3 kit and a cloth rag along with electro-static one and give it a nice gentle polishing anywhere that needs it and you're golden.

Its very good to know someone on here knows about these things cause I’m sure I’ll have questions lol

• Like 1

More first party Wii games!

526504157_MoreWiiGames.png.aa1671de7ff95340a1d473226e30c1c3.png

I don't want to spend a lot of time talking about these games, mainly because I either never played them or didn't finish them back in the day. Though I can talk about a few of them!

Punch Out was announced out of nowhere back in the day, and it ended up being the best game Nintendo put out in 2009. I absolutely loved it back then, and I still love it now. While it'd be nice to see Punch Out come back someday, I'd like to think that the ending to this game kind of solidified it as the final entry in the series. For those of you who don't know, the ending scene only occurs during a mode called "Mac's Last Stand" after all of the game's fighters have been defeated. You battle boxers randomly until you lose three times, at which point...

Spoiler

Little Mac retires.

Awesome game, awesome love letter to the series, awesome finale.

WarioWare was a series that built itself up very quickly, with five games coming out over the span of four years! WarioWare Smooth Moves felt like the perfect culmination of everything the series had made prior, and in my opinion was the last good WarioWare game. I often feel like people who love the series are simply unwilling to let the WarioWare cast fade away into irrelevance, and put up with mediocre games just to see them.

Whatever the state of the series is now, WarioWare Smooth Moves was a damn fun game, and featured the cast at its best. While the series isn't exactly known for being robust, it's still a great game to play through every time.

Endless Ocean was a genuinely magical experience when I first played it in 2008, and I've always wanted to go back and replay it. I knew that I'd have to let a long amount of time pass before revisiting it though, since so many incredible moments still stand out in my mind to this day. If you're at all enraptured by the wonders of the ocean, this is a game you absolutely must play. The sequel was unfortunately not very good, but the original is a game I hold very close to my love of Nintendo.

That's all for me this time! 👋

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Lynda Monica said:

More first party Wii games!

526504157_MoreWiiGames.png.aa1671de7ff95340a1d473226e30c1c3.png

I don't want to spend a lot of time talking about these games, mainly because I either never played them or didn't finish them back in the day. Though I can talk about a few of them!

Punch Out was announced out of nowhere back in the day, and it ended up being the best game Nintendo put out in 2009. I absolutely loved it back then, and I still love it now. While it'd be nice to see Punch Out come back someday, I'd like to think that the ending to this game kind of solidified it as the final entry in the series. For those of you who don't know, the ending scene only occurs during a mode called "Mac's Last Stand" after all of the game's fighters have been defeated. You battle boxers randomly until you lose three times, at which point...

Hide contents

Little Mac retires.

Awesome game, awesome love letter to the series, awesome finale.

WarioWare was a series that built itself up very quickly, with five games coming out over the span of four years! WarioWare Smooth Moves felt like the perfect culmination of everything the series had made prior, and in my opinion was the last good WarioWare game. I often feel like people who love the series are simply unwilling to let the WarioWare cast fade away into irrelevance, and put up with mediocre games just to see them.

Whatever the state of the series is now, WarioWare Smooth Moves was a damn fun game, and featured the cast at its best. While the series isn't exactly known for being robust, it's still a great game to play through every time.

Endless Ocean was a genuinely magical experience when I first played it in 2008, and I've always wanted to go back and replay it. I knew that I'd have to let a long amount of time pass before revisiting it though, since so many incredible moments still stand out in my mind to this day. If you're at all enraptured by the wonders of the ocean, this is a game you absolutely must play. The sequel was unfortunately not very good, but the original is a game I hold very close to my love of Nintendo.

That's all for me this time! 👋

These are all gems! Very good choices

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok well now that I've grabbed enough since I last posted with images like 3 weeks ago I figured I'd grab it all and throw down, since you know, pics or it didn't happen...

Today the adds to that image came with a $7 CIB of that lovely Hi-Octane game, bullfrogs best, but not speed limited I'll have to figure that out, screw wipeout it's better.  Quest was $20 even, now I can give that a go once more.  And of all strange things another $1 anime, Perfect Blue, saw a post online about it the last day or two, been wanting it for a bit, and boom, nearly free.

The top two rows of movies, all local, all under valued, some like Blood a dollar, some like Wicked City for $, the box sets were in the $10-20 range.  Third row was online, worst was Dominion for $40 which is great, the other three combined were maybe $30 shipped.  Shin Godzilla came in with Total Crash was $11 vs $30 elsewhere, been wanting to see that for years!  Super DD was online for 1/2 the ebay rate with dumb luck, BT+DD and Jedi were local snap ups as was Bionic Commando, mentioned them before I know.  And there's Squirrel King from fcgamer too.

The one I was stunned on was STUNTS, made by the guys who did Test Drive 1 and 2 the Duel, best game of that style hands down made period.  IT wasn't cheap but it never does go cheap, usually well over $100 when you have the papers, box makes it even worse so I can't complain.  I had this unique front/back folder with flaps I modified to store/protect it, and yes the disks work.

STUNTS-anime-games.thumb.JPG.2f7dbb69d8a7eb2a488e8d60b0689b6b.JPG

• Like 11
  • Love 1

Over the weekend I checked out a new game store twice.  Did 2 loads of trade-ins with stuff that I have been unable to trade/sell, lots of loose discs, cosmetically flawed [working] consoles, scratched but working disc games, filler titles, etc.  Stuff that I've recouped my money on but is still leftover from lots and other finds.  Anyway, got a significant amount of trade credit and got everything here for "only" around $160 out of pocket.  Not bad at all.  One more Saturn heavy out of the way. 

Silk Worm has everything but the manual.  If you have one, let me know!

20220912_092651.jpg

• Like 10
  • Love 1