IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

The Sega quest continues. Knocked some good stuff off the lists recently with an abundance arriving this week and probably angering my mail man.

For 32X, I found really nice copies of Star Wars and Knuckles, both with the plastic wrap intact. Star Wars is very common, so I was just waiting on the right copy. Knuckles can be tough to find, but has been popping up a lot lately for some reason. No real story behind the Story of Seasons pickup, but I have to say, it might be the cutest little special edition I've ever seen. Just look at that little box!

l0AkbAU.jpg

A few Master System games, all pretty common and I haven't had a chance to play them yet. I've also been too lazy to check whether Ghostbusters is the same as the NES version.

hkNn8ty.jpg

Rock Paintings/Hot Hits and Sol Feace are very common since they were pack-ins, but finding them in nice, complete condition can be a little tough. I haven't listened to the music CD, but it mostly sounds like it would be terrible. I don't know much about Shadow of the Beast II except that it uses some cool scrolling effects and is uncommon.

kXKFyPA.jpg

Lastly, a seller popped up with a bunch of above-average condition cardboard longbox games. Anyone who collects Sega CD knows the challenge of finding these things in good condition, so I had to jump on them. Whoever designed and approved these things clearly did not care about ease of use or durability. Also, I cheated and put them inside box protectors to make them look better than they are.

03bpbdH.jpg

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 13

Here are my latest thrift finds:

- A CIB copy of Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts for the Xbox 360

- A CIB copy of Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars: The Director’s Cut for the Wii

- A loose copy of The Berenstain Bears and the Spooky Old Tree on the GBA with the manual.

These were a grand total of $15!

7A9E0310-DD5C-430B-855E-639CA3341F25.jpeg

• Like 12

I got 2 more copies of Pocket Games off eBay last week that just arrived yesterday. It was $40 shipped (down from $50) for the 2 which is more than I'd like to spend, but they're in really good condition.

IMG_20211103_135253275~2.jpg

And here's my GameStop gets from this week. The Smash is CB only and the disk is kind of beat but for $25 it was an ok deal. The Monkey Ball was really nice and complete for $12. The New 3DS XL was $150, so pretty average for the market, but since it was in such good condition, I grabbed it.

IMG_20211103_135423238~2.jpg

Edited by Aguy
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

I'm ranked on speedrun.com for this game, I play on the highest level there is and it's too easy. Is there some way we can play against each other?

Oh, cool! Dr. Mario Miracle Cure on 3DS has an online battle mode (the only version I can think of that has). It's a pretty competent version of Dr. Mario, but at max level, turning seems to be a couple of frames slower making top row turns more miss than hit, and if I remember correctly, I don't believe the pills can flip through the top of the frame like they can in other games (to get that quick top row flip as they're coming out of the dispenser).

Anyway, not sure if any of that made sense, but it'd be fun to play head to head!

27 minutes ago, Renmauzo said:

Oh, cool! Dr. Mario Miracle Cure on 3DS has an online battle mode (the only version I can think of that has). It's a pretty competent version of Dr. Mario, but at max level, turning seems to be a couple of frames slower making top row turns more miss than hit, and if I remember correctly, I don't believe the pills can flip through the top of the frame like they can in other games (to get that quick top row flip as they're coming out of the dispenser).

Anyway, not sure if any of that made sense, but it'd be fun to play head to head!

Switch NES? Would that work?

11 hours ago, croagunk said:

Woohoo! Scored three packs of the new Series 5 Animal Crossing Amiibo cards!

Also finally got my preorder of Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl for the Switch. The shipping delays were real bad for this one.

7FF0393C-8973-44DE-AEE6-07DD938096CF.jpeg

Congrats on both the cards and game! 🥳

And yeah... The shipping delays suck. I have a preorder that was supposed to be shipped to me last month, but the issues even BBTS are facing may have it be as late as December. 😩

Then again... I am glad their carrier is Pitney Bowes.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

Free Stadia? What's the story on that? Also, any good? Lol

I discovered an offer Google had just a day before it ended.  You had to buy one game priced at $60 to get the Stadia Premium free.  I just got it today, so I have to finish setting it up to try it out.  🙂

Edited by TrekMD
  • Like 1

Big thanks to @joneboneand @Johnnyboy113 for some good stuff this week. A couple Sega CD heavy hitters, some more common SMS stuff, and my first big foray into PSVR. I also grabbed a copy of Circle of the Moon 2 since I loved the first one so much. PS4 Back Butts were clearanced at Best Buy so I grabbed one of those as well.

glUDaeY.jpg

SzfH8O0.jpg

hgZz3vg.jpg

OecpHr1.jpg

HfqanaE.jpg

• Like 5
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 2