IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Is it much of a find or really pick up getting 2 guides off ebay these days?  Given what one costs and the other, bundling the pair I came out ahead so that's a win right?  I was looking for someone not charging $50 for the GBA Final Fantasy 5 guide, then realized they had the Dragon Quest IV DS one, so I nabbed the pair.  Not sure what happened price wise on those, especially the DQ guide as they've gone nuts.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Is it much of a find or really pick up getting 2 guides off ebay these days?  Given what one costs and the other, bundling the pair I came out ahead so that's a win right?  I was looking for someone not charging $50 for the GBA Final Fantasy 5 guide, then realized they had the Dragon Quest IV DS one, so I nabbed the pair.  Not sure what happened price wise on those, especially the DQ guide as they've gone nuts.

Guides in general are going nuts. I feel like @MiamiSlicewas onto something when he started snatching them up the last several years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Guides in general are going nuts. I feel like @MiamiSlicewas onto something when he started snatching them up the last several years. 

Same here I have been too, quietly.  I tried hard to very much regular a couple spots around here that get them in some consistency, second to that a few other places I rarely go get a few too, lastly online being very choosy, slow, and methodical as to not eat it with the hype train pricing.  I don't link my html site anymore on my account, don't use the signature bar either, but see for yourself: http://tanooki.byethost8.com/strategyguides.html a number of these are quite toxic priced these days to where I wouldn't touch them.  Those latest two the deal came from the fact the DQ4 guide usually is $50-75 these days, and FF5A intact is $40-50 (so $90-125 together) and I put out $70 so I can't complain at $35 each.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, The Count said:

I've been on a bit of a roll lately:

s4tb7.jpg.b35b59f5309fdad4a5c4e38abe46ef9c.jpg

Great addition with that Mega Man!  Those Sega power strips have always intrigued my too.  I'm tracking down the CIB classic series Mega Man games and it's getting to the point where I'm getting completely priced out of this game and V for Gameboy.  

• Like 2

Speaking of lucky finds.  My cars tire had an issue, so I got stuck for a long while to get it looked at this afternoon so I did walking.  Half price near that one blows, still blows, so I ran the gauntlet of a major intersection to this lousy resale shop I'm sure some are aware of game xchange as they have 2 in the county.

Not much there either, but ultimately, they I guess due to lack of a SKU for a NEW one so as far as I can tell I got this very nice NEW Classic NES Controller in the box for $3.99+tax 😄  It's definitely NOT $3.99 or near that used or new on ebay.

The interesting thing, look, the left one I had is the US model, this one seems to be the EU version of the controller which surprised me even more.  They had a classic NES edition boxed up as well for $65 but I see no reason to have yet another of those around here, not greedy.

neslcassicedition-controllernewEU.jpg

• Like 7

Gray Fox / "Ninja" Falcon-class (transparent gray-- 1 in 36 packs) Metal Gear Solid Trading Card signed by MGS translator and localizer, as well as voice director, Jeremy Blaustein, who also localized Symphony of the Night, Suikoden II, Valkyrie Profile, and Snatcher, among many other titles.

He's such a cool dude.  Love his sig,

MGS Jeremy Blaustein.jpg

Edited by JanusZeal
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

I decided to treat myself to some birthday games, so I planned this out over the past few weeks to time shipping out from my US box so the games would arrive today.

I was patient in hunting down Mario Golf to get it complete for the price I was willing to pay, but Mario Tennis was a real win: someone posted it up with a copy of Super Mario Bros. Deluxe for $40, so considering most people want $80+ for a complete Mario Tennis, it was like getting for half price and SMBD for free!10cOkxj9TDCt0LjnnsceBQ.jpg.0fd2ad94f6f653887380b53ad7564a5f.jpg

I also got a spate of puzzle games; a couple of Yoshi's and Pipe Dream, a game I've wanted since it came out. I'd always seen the advert in Nintendo Power at the time and was really intrigued (I loved puzzle games just as much back then as I do now), so I'm really happy to get another puzzle game in my life.PqWD-I6mTUSJRNqUOueFJQ.jpg.d5444a05ae812215757ba66e4091630e.jpg

And then there's Kid Dracula. It's been a long time coming, but the patience paid off and I was able to get a beautiful copy; this and Mega Man V are going to get played tonight after the kids go to bed 😉IO2ZtyTuQXa_9ulfnv-z0w.jpg.da4dc0e499735cddba6ff968649d6b3f.jpg

There are a few more games that are supposed to arrive on Monday, so more goodness to come! Thanks everyone!

• Like 11
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 2

Mmm Kid Dracula, as such like that, you're into mortgage payment level expensive easily.  Such a pretty copy.  I've had my cart for years, but no the rest anymore, and I'd never part with it.  It's such an utterly fantastic game, shame it is high on the toxicity scale of pricing.

• Like 1

Well I had a nice run of modern retail today capped off with some stunning luck.

My plan was to make this loop, hit a couple targets, the lame goodwills I'm like over with at this rate, and best buy to scrape up a couple Zelda Game & Watch's.  When I was done at my last stop (BB) I got curious, did a random web search on the Switch OLED because I always ask places not so much if they have it, but had they got in any lately or get many at all.  Web side via google, everything listed as gone (no surprise), but I went to Target's website, red/blue isn't sold there in store, white is though, and one store like 15min away amazingly listed low stock/quantity (which means call to see if it is true) and well...they had 3.  Did some speeding, and grabbed one. 😄

As I said my original switch had the cheap thin nvidia plastic faults where it heats/cracks, as I play more so mobile than docked, I knew it wasn't going to last until some PRO system comes out so I went for it.  Surprised how nice it is, ads don't do it justice.

• Like 4

Grabbed a few PSVR titles this week. I'm definitely looking forward to trying out Astro Bot given all the rave reviews. SMT V and Zelda are more for collecting than anything, but I would like to play them at some point.

gvs3ele.jpg

A few common-ish SMS games that I haven't tried out yet.

hTt1ZgG.jpg

Lords of Thunder probably has some of the best cover art for a Sega CD game. Kids on Site... not so much. Black Hole Assault is little beat up, but good enough for a first run through the library.

0D1Iwr9.jpg

I couldn't resist this beautiful Forza Horizon 5 controller. It's probably one of my favorite designs in a long time.

5WcHOdX.jpg

• Like 9
  • Wow! 1

I got the other half of my birthday stuff in today!

On the one hand, I'm like, "Nooooo, another series of AC Amiibo cards!" but on the other, I really like them :I

Astria Ascending seems interesting, Metal Unit plays great and has great atmosphere, and I FINALLY tracked down a clean copy of Zanac to get my NES Compile shooter fix 😄

VHkc4AYrTTCe-xqrII8uXw.jpg.66087dda75924c7042358b739b292fb4.jpg

Then, I was able to get the last three Genesis games I've been after. I'd seen so much about Castle of Illusion and really fell in love with it, so I was happy to get a copy (and luckily the game is still pretty inexpensive). 

I've been trying to get a complete copy of Chiki Chiki Boys for about two years now, and this one is beautiful with all the inserts; super stoked to get to finally play this!

And Ristar! Every time I see this game played, it looks like a masterpiece on the Genesis. I'm really excited to dig into this one on the coming weekend 🙂

ddHZTHFcT6SFFOnk9CO2WA.jpg.d7d0ce9208ba72cb1d9b9748f52ed152.jpg

Lastly - and this has been a very long time coming - I finally bit the bullet and got Klonoa - Door to Phantomille. I had put so much focus on trying to round out other systems that I kind of put the last two PS1 games I've been after to the back burner and forgot about them. I was playing Klonoa on GBA recently and it reminded me that I still hadn't picked up this game yet, so figured I might as well now since the game just keeps going up in price. Klonoa games always feel like a treat to me, so I'm expecting this will deliver as well. In any case, after many years, it's really satisfying to finally bring Door to Phantomile into the game room!

DcLvzIOrTWm6-RS4gv4LMQ.jpg.21e174e2d9c68b9718470b4e38428f06.jpg  

Thanks everyone!

• Like 13
  • Love 1