IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

You know it must be nearly 20 years ago now, but because stupid Lucas refused to have anything to do with the original cut and DVD too because he's an ass there was a huge ever increasing in quality pirate market for the original trilogy.  I remember almost buying this one set of the 3 movies, but never pulled the trigger.  I'm just remembering this now because I recall it's what you all are talking about, what had been previously done were cleaned up as much as 20 years ago possible VHS tapes, but what was fresh then were people using the very clean digital masters from the laserdiscs with the original cut.  I remember like many fans who grew up with it, was kind of pissed they did weird tweaks, such as HAN SHOOTS FIRST, because admit it, he's a lovable self serving ass.  Given how piracy has been and still is rampant out of that neck of the world, I would not be surprised if at some rate those laserdiscs were run through some ringer again for a blu ray set, though I imagine Disney would shit a brick over that and try and rub it out.  But if that did exist, oh I'd love to own that set.

There is this also too, if you can find it: https://www.thestarwarstrilogy.com/2016/01/15/team-negative-one-completes-35mm-restoration-of-star-wars/

Edited by Tanooki

8 hours ago, avatar! said:

Wow! I'm curious how much they cost - you of course don't have to answer, but I'm definitely curious as I'm sure many others are too 🙂

Are they CIB? What condition overall? My opinion - it's worth spending more money to get a good product you're happy with!

They are in pretty great shape and complete, it ended up running about 3k for the pair with bucky being about 750 which was good, Bonk went a bit higher than I expected but it would be the first 'grail' as people say for that console.. out of 6 🥺

• Like 1

First time in a GameStop in over a year.  I found out they fixed the entire "no games on the shelf" thing, which means you can look at what you want to buy before going to the counter.  

Most of these games were on clearance or super cheap.  I had absolutely no idea they had a VR version of Doom 3?!?!?  Iron Man is also in VR wo I figured why not?  I've been a huge fan of the Wolfenstein reboot games, so l was looking forward to Youngblood.  And MudRunner has been one of my favorite games released in the past 10 years, so I've been wanting to get the sequel.  

dz4bXIL.jpg

And these are Christmas gifts for my kids.  They love Crash, they love Sonic, and they love Link.

rB2FrmL.jpg

• Like 7

On 12/16/2021 at 12:22 AM, Tanooki said:

Given how piracy has been and still is rampant out of that neck of the world, I would not be surprised if at some rate those laserdiscs were run through some ringer again for a blu ray set, though I imagine Disney would shit a brick over that and try and rub it out.  But if that did exist, oh I'd love to own that set.

A lot of the professionally produced pirates available in the very late 1990s to mid 2000s were direct rips of the laserdiscs, some well done, some not.  However, on one of the last Special Edition sets of DVDs released before Lucas sold the franchise, each set included a bonus disc with a copy of the "original" version of each film on it.  Sadly, this pleased no one, as literally zero work was done by Lucasfilm on those beyond digitizing them so they could be encoded to DVDs, so they looked and sounded incredibly awful.  The aspect ratio was totally off, it was a bad stereo mix for the audio, there was no color correction so everything looked faded and off...it was a mess.

On 12/16/2021 at 12:22 AM, Tanooki said:

The link you provided is 4K77, which I mentioned earlier, and it looks amazing, as good as or better than the quality of the forever tweaked and cleaned up versions that Lucas and Disney have released on BluRay and/or streaming.  They've also completed ROTJ as 4K83 and are almost there with a copy of Empire that they'll release as 4K80 (all but 1 of 6 reels is completely done, with that last one at 62% being restored), although there is a "despecialized" version of that movie available that looks great and which is based on the high definition stream that Disney put out via Disney+.

• Agree 1

The order was placed long enough ago that I had forgotten about these games from  I AM 8BIT, but they arrived today alongside a copy of Colors Live that I ordered in October. I doubt my PlayAsia order will arrive before Christmas at this rate, so this is probably it before then.

I am really excited to get some drawing done with Colors Live, and got my daughter a copy for Christmas...she's going to love it (we watched the trailer together).

While I don't know much about either Mutazione or Etherborn, they looked rather interesting. Manifold Garden, however, reminded me of Echochrome (one of my favorite games on PS3); this style of environmental puzzler really speaks to me, so I'm eager to give the game a go this weekend!

6Cor1XHSQtaLmGTWxlg_Eg.jpg.12fe60854a69c4d6cd2b69e14cfcce22.jpg

• Like 4

Maybe I am lazy but I'm not taking a picture for just one game.

A few days or so back HBP got some more NES carts in, duck tales, double dribble, a few others, and notably VICE Project Doom in a black sleeve.

That one annoyingly was low-mid ebay standard at $50 but is in excellent condition.  I found a few of my remaining cheap non-gaming ebay items, and a wooden special boxed old board game I had, 2 lame movies, and some old happy meal toys and got enough credit I got the NES game for $20 with tax.  Very happy with that deal. 😄

• Like 1

This will be less interesting here but I recently had a stroke of good luck by contacting a person I bought one game from on eBay only to find out he had 3 of the 4 other games I needed to get a full set for the Atari XE. So I only have one game left to find, but this system is pretty tough to buy on, I like that the entire lineup will fill exactly one shelf for once.

20211217_195616.jpg

20211217_195854.jpg

• Like 10
  • Love 1

tokitoriswitch.jpg.2738887571869d6617bba00e7f2100be.jpg

Downloaded Toki Tori on Switch.

questoflala.jpg.1644e29952ed56bad438a85ba7d2df1c.jpg

questoflalascreen.jpg.ce92ec3609a4af0911467f113d67025d.jpg

Many of us know about the three Adventures of Lolo games for the NES, and maybe some of us know about the Lolo game for the original Game Boy. Well here's Eggerland Episode 0 - Quest of Lala, a Windows 95 PC game released only in Japan. This is a demo version of "Revival! Eggerland" and unlike that game this wasn't released physically as far as I know. I remember finding out about this game on Hardcore Gaming 101 about ten years ago. I finally found it. It freezes if the music is on, but there's an option to turn it off so the game is still playable.

zeldarandomizer.jpg.29dc0a3279ab3c275dac934e4f2f39be.jpg

Downloaded Zelda Randomizer. I've played the original Legend of Zelda many times, so this might be a good way (besides hacks) to change things up a bit.

fanmadestartropicsgamescreen.jpg.1d7cf2a6d44252ab85a3ec12ad0fcbe7.jpg

Downloaded this StarTropics III game (fan made, obviously). It's based on the first StarTropics, and there doesn't seem to be very much that can be done in the game. On YouTube, there's a video from the creator of this game showing that Mica is playable (or was planned to be a playable character). Also, the game includes a level editor and apparently allows you to play dungeons created by other players.

smb3beads.jpg.dd2a7c95c4d9ad9d4e9896ed959e0c3b.jpg

Was browsing in a craft store, and found this on sale for $10 (Canadian).

halopringleschips.jpg.3c8e68d84c85b5abcc166992afe127ac.jpg

I bought some original flavored Pringles chips with Halo packaging earlier in the week. This time I bought sour cream & onlon and salt & vinegar.

mariotoothpaste.jpg.34a89a3f69bc72777f139a2725c07046.jpg

Bought some Mario toothpaste last month and liked the flavor, so I bought more.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 5

So this isn't all one haul but over time as I accumulate things I put them aside until I feel like putting away a batch, so I did these today. NBA Hoopz was extremely hard to find but I believe with it I've bought every game in the NBA Jam series.

20211219_182752.jpg

20211219_184543.jpg

Edited by goldenpp72
  • Like 10
  • Wow! 1

My collecting has been slowing down, but I got a couple items in the last couple weeks. The big one being Spiderman on 32X and the fun one being the Pocket. Even though new orders won't come until 2023, I'd highly recommend getting your preorder in.

1c21jh7.jpg

i8S7t6S.jpg

Rgpixdd.jpg

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 10
  • Wow! 1

Not nearly as impressive as some other recent posts but still nice to find items at a local shop the other day. Nice crispy and NOT discolored contra manual I needed for an upgrade lol along with the tecmo address label.

The Zelda Top Secrets insert for SNES is still sealed! That I picked for a flip so if you need it for your Link to the past send me a message.

20382A1B-790B-45E1-A85F-451873476A59.jpeg

Also FINALLY picked up this beauty a few weeks ago!

067BAA9B-B862-4E2A-9656-41E1C86568C6.jpeg

Edited by Goodvibes
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

My collecting has been slowing down, but I got a couple items in the last couple weeks. The big one being Spiderman on 32X and the fun one being the Pocket. Even though new orders won't come until 2023, I'd highly recommend getting your preorder in.

1c21jh7.jpg

i8S7t6S.jpg

Rgpixdd.jpg

Very nice, I missed the pocket pre order, hoping to score the duo when that finally goes up for sale.

Edited by Goodvibes
  • Like 1

I have this coming in the mail.  It's the first release edition of Myst on PC.  This one is a variant where the box is in two parts.  From my searching, seems uncommon.  Thanks @DefaultGen  for helping me know what to look for!  It's not worth much but as a Myst collector, I like having "first editions".  Now I need to find a first edition Mac copy.

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 1

With the site going whacko due to google the last couple of days I hadn't really been able to do much with this but I cook the image 2 days ago.  I didn't image the two games on the right originally (VPD+Astyanax) but mentioned them and the deal there.

After the fact I went back to the one shop I got some games from a week or two back and grabbed that nice Pinball, so basic by design yet fun.  I had to head out a couple days back, went to the near by half price and jackpot.  I wanted like 2 more Ghibli movies, now one, and the other I been hoping I'd bump into and it's fun.  The real win is that Mega Man Zero DS game, if you know what that is and what it values, it was just $15s so I couldn't complain. 🙂

nes-ds-br.jpg

• Like 7

Here is a bunch of pick ups from over the past month or so:

First off we have a PowerA Mario Wireless controller, The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild and Mario Party Superstars. The controller and Zelda are from Black Friday.

8F067099-82E3-48A4-8F78-4FC0A1B83FA8.jpeg.79657683f25996ef2ad7e8da75105904.jpeg

Next is the Zelda Game and Watch.

7C7F1F54-A33E-4B70-B302-7E40CD67A27C.jpeg.9bdb2e459cc7a2046af3a55109fed114.jpeg

For the Gameboy we have The Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle and Monopoly.

1F586EFE-48EE-4036-A807-FDAABB07145D.jpeg.f8ef8ca47fd660a55f1987e3ca79ef43.jpeg

Up next is After Burner and Bank Panic for the Sega Master System. Unfortunately my system is having issues so I can’t enjoy these games as much as I wish I could.

BD9B9E51-E4D4-4CC8-9190-4477E7DC358F.jpeg.df793b152550cb65349d1f9d03067b8e.jpeg

Finally we have a bunch of NES games including Blades of Steel, Gotcha, Star Force, Arch Rivals, Ivan “Ironman” Stewart’s Super Off Road, Urban Champion, Q*bert and Rolling Thunder.2508E2E3-2741-4AC5-ADC6-52751AE8B7C3.jpeg.60bc46b827f59ae7cc4d5a1260725a69.jpeg

Not pictured is a loose copy of New International Track and Field with the manual for the DS.

Have a safe and Happ Holidays and thanks for reading!

• Like 6

Other than the video games I got for the kids, this was the one video game related item I got for Christmas.  I wanted to get this back when I first got the PSVR, but they were pretty difficult to find for retail price at that time, so I never got it.  Honestly, I haven't been tracking these in the past year, so maybe they are more common now, but when I saw it brand new and for $20 off, that was an easy purchase for me (I then gave it to my wife and said she could give it to me for Christmas).  I noticed on the box that it mentions being compatible with both PS4 and PS5 VR, so they must have made another run of these which probably explains why they are more available now.  

Ann6vU9.jpg

• Like 5