IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Hah finally got a thrift grab again (at all) and worth posting.  This was goodwill, and well, screw them, but I got the last laugh as a tldr thing here.

Games were found in the back on the CD rack, $1 each, I grabbed some, left some.  I spotted before up fron this phone book sized doom coding book, was curious if there was more and price so just before check out I'm glad I asked them to fish it out and the rest.  Some lame weird brand bound comics, that, and then...grr... the manuals.  They split them up, then put prices from $1-5 on each, most were like $1-2.  Kind of sleazy really, I mean it's obvious what it went to.

Funny thing, the cheapest manual was the gem of the lot.  Can you spot it?  It's one of those I got one over on you moments big time.  That black DOOM manual there, that's from the original floppy disks release of the old game.  My guess since it sells in a set open that's worth over $400 and due to one unsold on ebay at around $80 it probably has to have some value at least $50+ depending who needs it to complete collection.

Not imaged, but stunningly great shape condition carts for Contra Hard Corps and Hard Drivin on Genesis too today, both had boxes but no manuals.  I don't want or need the boxes...so. 😉

pcfindsept1721.jpg

• Like 7

Here's everything new from the past 10 days: 

Picked up everything that was still in stock when B-Side Games had their going out of business sale. I might not be keeping everything but they are nice to look at. 

spacer.png

Paid about $68 for the Batman with lithograph which I think is under market value these days. 

spacer.png

Speed Limit I had ordered a long time ago... there's a joke to be made here regarding waiting a long time for a game about being fast. 

50 Classic Games 3D... I had ordered a different game and the seller sent me this by mistake, but I'm not complaining. 

spacer.png

Still up to date with a 100% complete My Nintendo Rewards set. 

spacer.png

Here's various pre-orders that came in the mail or I picked up in-store. Phantom Brave is the special edition that has Soul Nomad on the other side. 

And Endless Ocean & Karnaaj Rally are from a partial trade I did. 

spacer.png

Lastly these are from a partial trade I did with @Tanooki, happy to finally have TMNT Smash Up with the bonus comic!

spacer.png

Until next time!

• Like 11

While a few of you are wearing your Wata signet rings, I have been working extra hard trying to make a comfortable return to the Star Wars fandom. And I must admit that it has not been smooth with the way things are for me. But hopefully I'll rebound a bit more in October or November, and be collecting games again in 2022! 😅

Anywho...

When it comes to buying more stuff I'd like to get graded, I paid a small premium for Grogu (The Child). And since he's in a bag, which is in a box, which is wrapped for protection, that is all in a box... I felt this placeholder should do nicely. This time around, however, I am going to do a small focus and not what I have done in the past.

VC184.thumb.jpg.f4be35115868c18cb81d86e26c22db3a.jpg

Both Sabine Wren and Iden Versio (who is pretty much the main character in Battlefront II's campaign) have variations on how you can set them up. Not sure if I will buy more because of that. But until then, I have Boba Fett.

And I have to admit that Savi's Workshop was a mixed bag for me. People were too preoccupied getting to their stations, which resulted in me going to the back. But I did get my white kyber crystal (because 'Ahsoka Tano).

SW1-4.thumb.jpg.df18f8a22d2b281bbd623ddede3816af.jpg

Hopefully being a fan of this while not attending any fan forums will help me regain my sanity. 😁

Edited by FenrirZero
  • Like 4

s-l1600.jpg

Just got this in the mail today: https://www.ebay.com/itm/224598718685

I've been wanting to start collecting some of the Japanese-exclusive Game Boy games and was happy to get a copy of Painter Momopie along with a handful of others (crayon shin-chan, sailor moon). What's weird is, those 2 GBA video carts weren't included, and instead the seller gave me Kirby's Dream Land 2 (USA) and F1 Boy (JP) with torn off labels. Fine with me! I needed a copy of Kirby's Dream Land 2 anyway.

Edited by Alder
  • Like 9
  • Love 1

On 9/20/2021 at 12:00 PM, Alder said:

s-l1600.jpg

Just got this in the mail today: https://www.ebay.com/itm/224598718685

I've been wanting to start collecting some of the Japanese-exclusive Game Boy games and was happy to get a copy of Painter Momopie along with a handful of others (crayon shin-chan, sailor moon). What's weird is, those 2 GBA video carts weren't included, and instead the seller gave me Kirby's Dream Land 2 (USA) and F1 Boy (JP) with torn off labels. Fine with me! I needed a copy of Kirby's Dream Land 2 anyway.

Oooh nice selection.  Wish I hadn't missed that I keep forgetting to, but want to get back those couple of Sailor Moon games.  Also that Painter Momopi is a fantastic little game too.

These are my local pickups for Summer 2021, maybe the best 90 day stretch I've ever had as an adult locally finding games. All of these were found at the same store, spread across the season. The store is a chain store that sells music and movies, but they also take trade ins for a pretty ridiculous range of items, not just videogames but toys, board games, there is a section of the store with somewhat of a flea market atmosphere

The thing that really amazed me about all of these pickups is what great shape they are in. Most of them were pretty decent prices with collector condition cosmetics. Street Fighter Alpha 2 was $49.97. Magical Quest and Circus Mystery were both $16.97. Batman Returns SNES was $18.97, NES was $24.97. Mario All-Stars and Super R-Type were $15.97 each. Krusty's Fun House was $14.97. Mario Tennis $18.97. Mario Party $47.97. Cruis'n World $9.97.

Some of these games I honestly don't think I've seen in public since Funcoland, not including conventions. Certainly not locally. I've found Tuesday through Thursday is the best time to check and see if people have cashed in their collections. It seems to be happening a lot in my area lately. I've also seen a ton of super high value PS1 games like Silent Hill that I haven't gone after.

IdByx1j.jpg

0taVxWz.jpg

Edited by trj22487
  • Like 8

Got this N64 lot for $425 shipped. Seller didn't budge on the price unfortunately. I managed to sell the dupes and was left with Mega Man, Space Station, Pokemon Puzzle League, Earthworm Jim and Kirby at a cost of $150. Not too bad I guess but definitely not one of my better flips.

C84Bx4W.jpg

Next up, some NFRs for GBA. I don't actively collect NFR but I scoop them up whenever I find them for cheap. Mario was doctored pretty bad and I did the best I could removing the alterations. I'm pretty proud of DK though. It's a miracle I managed to get the sharpie off the matte label with minimal damage. I usually have this level of success on glossy labels.

C4EZA4D.jpg

w4uZ4y9.jpg

Tj9PFn4.jpg

3mNSvsk.jpg

xFXhmDH.jpg

qUjTzWK.png

DmM0PVk.jpg

Found this boxed N64 set from a poorly listed ad with stock photos for $135 shipped.

auFjuKT.jpg

TyXGxI8.jpg

Finally found a Guitar Hero Live 2-guitar bundle for the Wii U in great shape for $80. It seems the seller opened the seal just to take pictures. Doh! 🤬

LG5iJxL.jpg

pLHUSB9.jpg

Another extremely poorly listed ad. The game is in mint condition.

Jy993O4.jpg

7Imu46X.jpg

GwOKXxw.jpg

Local deal for $80. I've been wanting to get a set of bongos for the longest time. When I finally tried it out I was disappointed. DK Jungle Beat wasn't that fun and it made my hands hurt after the first level ☹️

1oWlorv.jpg

Another great N64 lot for $135 cash. This was also a local find.

uU55ybo.jpg

• Like 9

It's not exactly a pick-up, but I thought it'd be fun to share.  Approximately ~ 20 years ago I put a random assortment of stickers that had been sitting around, into a briefcase along with a bunch of papers.  I opened it up a few days ago and found this little gem w/3 link poses depending on viewing angle.  IIRC I pulled this out of a cereal box as a kid (don't remember which one though), circa 30+ years ago.  I'm thinking I'll mat and frame it.  It's 2" x 2.75" so it might take some doing to find an appropriately cool frame that is small enough.

3 Link Sticker .png

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Agree 1