IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

14 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

These are $80 now? Is this the bundle that was sold at the Dollar Store?

Can't comment on the Dollar Store, but the standard single guitar bundle was dirt cheap for a while, I got mine for $10 new from gamestop in 2018-ish . $80 for this bundle doesn't hurt my head though considering how much hardware you're getting. But traditional 5-fret guitar hero will always be more fun IMO 😉 

7 minutes ago, Alder said:

Can't comment on the Dollar Store, but the standard single guitar bundle was dirt cheap for a while, I got mine for $10 new from gamestop in 2018-ish . $80 for this bundle doesn't hurt my head though considering how much hardware you're getting. But traditional 5-fret guitar hero will always be more fun IMO 😉 

Maybe the single is what I have. They actually had $4 printed right on the front of the box as their price and they were sold at Dollarama.

• Wow! 1

In general some of those guitar hero guitars are worth some alright money now.  Most as you thought, were like goodwill garbage bin stuff for a dollar or two and often went to the crusher out back, and this is pre-virus, but stuff shot up a year or two before then.  I hadn't realized until I looked into it and I figured I paid probably too much with a boxed up $5 find at a goodwill like 2 years back of GH3 Legends of Rock for Wii.  Depending how much someone gets nailed on the shipping for it, it's easily worth $80 +/- 20.  Easy $100 if it ships for like at/under $10, if the outer sleeve is in decent shape, but the box, contents, and the rest would rate very good or better.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

These are $80 now? Is this the bundle that was sold at the Dollar Store?

I guess you're thinking about the single guitar bundle. I don't know much history about this double guitar variant.

It was actually $65 but shipping and taxes 😩

Edited by bowser

11 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

In general some of those guitar hero guitars are worth some alright money now.  Most as you thought, were like goodwill garbage bin stuff for a dollar or two and often went to the crusher out back, and this is pre-virus, but stuff shot up a year or two before then.  I hadn't realized until I looked into it and I figured I paid probably too much with a boxed up $5 find at a goodwill like 2 years back of GH3 Legends of Rock for Wii.  Depending how much someone gets nailed on the shipping for it, it's easily worth $80 +/- 20.  Easy $100 if it ships for like at/under $10, if the outer sleeve is in decent shape, but the box, contents, and the rest would rate very good or better.

The price rise is almost exclusively due to the rise in popularity of the fan-made Clone Hero game. The white Xplorer (wired USB from GH2 360 bundle) is probably the most sought-after, followed by the Wii Les Paul (GH3 bundle), then any of the Xbox 360 wireless ones. PS3 ones require a dongle that is usually missing, PS2 / Rock Band stratocasters are generally worse quality. And GH Live guitars are all the way at the bottom, since they have the 2x3 button layout that most people are not interested in 😛 

pickups_sept2021_01.jpg.2cf4f2a90554e3dafab68d963a1fec32.jpg

Got my 8BitDo Black controller from the recent restock on Amazon, it's my second of these controllers, but now I have one that matches the color of my Super NT.  Got the LRG's releases of Curse of the Moon 2, these feel like they took forever to finally ship out.  Grabbed Sonic Colors on PS4 because the early word on the Switch version was that it was running sub-par to the other versions, then it turns out they all have issues.  Anyways, this one is getting held back for the kids' Christmas so maybe it will be all patched up by then.

pickups_sept2021_02.jpg.7e231c40d2e5893a5470290269289d93.jpg

Grabbed Hades after seeing some VGSers gushing about it.  I'm going to play it soon, but the backlog challenge is coming due and I have a ways to go on my backlog, so maybe I will play it for 2022's backlog.  Strange Brigade and GI Joe were less than $10 each so I grabbed those a while back.  Only played GI Joe for an few hours and I guess it's $10 good, if you need some mindless shooting tinged with childhood nostalgia.  And Vader Immortal came on physical so I had to get that, maybe I will hook the PSVR back up soon and give it a go.

• Like 7

ROBs are tricky to come by unless you just pay painfully on ebay.  I got one a few years back at a flea market, dude had no clue, nothing but the base unit, no parts, no battery door, but for $5 for a trophy I didn't complain.  I did though test it, mechanically it works which is nice as they commonly fail to lift over time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Khromak said:

One of my most hotly desired items just came in the mail today. Ninja gaiden 3 for playchoice-10. This was the last game I was missing for my playchoice collection and it's super rare, had a hell of a time finding one. 

20210927_143418.jpg

It's like the first time I heard the Beatles.

6 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Hmmm... I've been having trouble with Imgur since I got a new phone so I switched to Google Photos.

Can everyone else see them?

I see them.

It's not enough to link to them in Google Photos, you have to set permissions on the files or folder you're linking in order for others to see them. I think other photo storage solutions are open to anyone with the link.

Totally forgot to take a picture of it all but I had a friend come over with his childhood collection. Lots of stuff I was happy to grab for a fair price. Genesis, Dreamcast, rare ps2 stuff, some OG Xbox, and my most favorite thing a Neo Geo Pocket. I ended up trading him my extra 2x 27” monitors, dual monitor mount and $600 for it all. By my count it was about $1,200 retail. I’m not keeping it all probably bring most of the ps2 stuff and stuff I already have to the game store for trade credit. 

• Like 3