IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

@Californication

I've removed stickers off of several of my games and am willing to try. At the very least I won't damage it if I feel it's not going to come off cleanly.

Here are some before/after of my label cleanups:

HUK3Yaf.jpg

eMLMMet.jpg

QAHr44L.jpg

1qEjuep.jpg

qGEJP03.png

1g0KTKf.jpg

Gts2QTo.jpg

x9qhg4w.jpg

And this was my most recent challenge: transplanting an entire GBA label onto a donor shell. To make it harder the label had a small tear in the middle.

ZFwVMiz.jpg

Someone mutilated the Contra shell by shaving off the side protrusions. So I decided to transplant it onto the donor Corvette game. I first removed the Corvette label and used the learnings to do a perfect job on Contra. I made some mistakes on Corvette (visible in last 2 pictures) but Contra was perfect with no damage at all and no corner lift after it was done.

ixjwJA8.jpg

a1vO8Xw.jpg

(Please ignore the nails lol. Lockdown laziness)

U1E03sJ.jpg

dTIgVVB.jpg

8znyDVk.jpg

Edited by bowser
  • Like 9
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1
  • Confused 1

Interesting story that’s kind of a pick-up. I was apart of an e-waste clean up team at my school this past week. We visited a room which already had a lot of stuff, and we continued to add things to it.

There was tons of stuff. We found a 1980’s microwave, various TV sets, printers and lots of older Dell computers which we are getting rid of now. While digging and making a path to get the back to put more computers in storage, I came across 4 things we decided to remove from the pile as “historical artifacts” and would save.

1. A 1990’s or early 2000’s Compaq computer. The one we chose said it was still working as of 2005/2006. I believe this was the main computer (or one of the) of choice before we moved to a Dell/HP combo.

2. An Apple 2e. I believe this is an older unit judging by the badge. No idea if it works but still cool. This is the oldest computer we found.

3. A matching (I think?) monitor for the Apple 2e that believe it or not, boots up and works. We haven’t tested it beyond that.

And finally, 4. A Commodore 1702 monitor. No idea if it works. Unfortunately, I didn’t find it see any Commodore computers to go with the monitor.

No one seemed to care about the 1702, so I asked if I could take it home and, sure enough I am. I don’t have it yet, it’s currently sitting safely at the school and I will pick it up later sometime this week.

Here are some photos I took:7C14C1EC-6BA5-44FB-AA6F-56769A7E22B6.jpeg.5d6f196a8ebe8a833db66c58e84c9199.jpeg57071081-BD45-4A0A-9786-2E3D92FF0164.jpeg.6915660f07fd4b9b24af808b0fd400c2.jpeg

Here’s what I was working with. You can see the 1702 in photo 1. It’s the grey monitor in the middle of the photo.

FA3129E2-FBED-4E1A-A40B-8B6D0406CF88.jpeg.c214a9c23f4abfc6587d2229997d8ad9.jpeg

The Apple 2e we found.

2D9C35C2-1B61-48E1-8A94-A0D08BB2C613.jpeg.a7cc896efbd291ab9c7592afdb56a9f1.jpeg

The Apple monitor powered on. I think I have run into this exact same monitor earlier this year.

47C50DCB-65EC-41B0-9152-ADFF4C72D782.jpeg.48089ccf711b75c610214cdc35c8b5c4.jpeg

The Commodore monitor. Looks fairly clean. I don’t remember the manufacture date on the back.

E03F921F-4FB4-4667-A24B-CB3D7C650602.thumb.jpeg.f9a6e12e362969fc4c1758f55e419ea4.jpeg

The 2 monitors sitting together for the last time.

I always dreamed about finding some sort of a retro device like this at a school, but I never dreamt I would actually find one, let alone a Commodore product.

Thanks for reading!

• Like 5
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 4

Did some grocery shopping and came across this Mario Toothpaste: 

supermariotoothpaste.jpg.048e2041c1f3150777f520c757f3400d.jpg

Went to my local game store and bought a mini Pokémon figure and some Airheads candy:

pokemonfigure.jpg.2c3b13bdcfcfae0325548e87eb408ef1.jpg

airheadscandy.jpg.7fb42ab3d861107f4fb65a479ae50cfa.jpg

The owner also gave me some freebies:

gamestorefreebies.jpg.73564ecad9c1998455354051d26cc8ab.jpg

He had only one of those stickers left (and almost couldn't find it). The Keychain wasn't available to the public (though, of course, there were several of those Pokémon skull figures available), and features a 3d printed logo that also glows in the dark.

Also downloaded the Pokémon TV application to my Switch: 

pokemontvswitch.jpg.8db2ba678c8919dad1f9af5812d2f90a.jpg

pokemontvepisode1.jpg.27f857ceb638d0cc37b70aa13cdfe9e5.jpg

Been like 20 years since I last watched this show.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 5

So... It appears that the Force was on my side for the past few weeks. I personally wish it was not limited to stuff I found before I decided to purchase them. But that is a different legend story. One that started a few weeks ago in a city near me.

SWswag.jpg.1c6aee7415dccf26d9b254baeb4131c7.jpg

The Amazon.com exclusive Funko POP! was purchased when I first visited Mero Games' newest branch. The Book of Boba Fett ornament was something I thought was going to be released mid-November. With the Mando item being a fun impulse buy. And finally, the Target exclusive was pure luck. They had one left in my size that included the Grogu vinyl. The rest had people stealing the heads (or they were not shipped with them).

SWretro.thumb.jpg.e7e1c0d21f0629ad1442069a1c797690.jpg

The "VC129" Doctor Aphra was one I had in the past. And the reason I got her again is because I wanted to do a sub-focus. In this case I was not (and still am not) sure if I can maintain my main focus goals. 😅 The Walmart exclusive "Retro Collection" Boba Fett was something I was interested in. And both "VC186" Boba Fett figures are variants.

BobaVariants.jpg.dd5170992ddd7f1987d545e189fe0ed2.jpg

Plus... I also paid for my digital Switch copy of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic the day before I went back to Disneyland. That is the #1 RPG that I have wanted to finish since my Mac days. 🍺

• Like 6

A few absolutely beautiful soft cardboard longboxes for Sega CD. They weren't cheap, but I think the price was fair for the condition. I've never seen the red box version of Wonder Dog, but I do want to add that at some point.

rFQt76G.jpg.018603ad157fd970c65725b9bb00f482.jpg

A couple more new and old. Slap Shot is somewhat uncommon and can be a bit tough to track down.

T90qLAM.jpg.1d27150a1cffe5672da48cfe9d6316ea.jpg

For some reason I bought this SMTV Premium Edition. Also, I don't really like Pokemon, but feel like the double packs are always a good purchase. Lastly, the Pokemon Snap is for my son for Christmas.

2ZbWlXd.thumb.jpg.26bb0d6a9e908de0d5c355c0d46e4cfd.jpg

• Like 10

Notice I don't post little compared to months ago and earlier?  I'm trying not to stray from slow pace, more so local, and if I'll actually use it. 🙂

Today I saved 33% paying $10 for Tiny Toon Adventures on the NES vs $15 for it or more on the ebay way of things.  Solid game, but it's Konami, they rarely peddle garbage or even average stuff so it's safe. 🙂

• Like 2

I had mentioned the Tiny Toon game the other day which I was happy about the price.  I got stuck going way across town to solve some 2mo old bs with new appliances, and on the way back went into a shop I hadn't seen in a couple months.  I had to limit myself a little, could have grabbed a couple more things (same system) but left it at that.

$35 got me what you see there (and +$10 as a reminder on Tiny Toon.)  The store typically is on par, sometimes variably worse than the internet so that's why I don't care to visit...yet when I found the value of the games Rad Racer and Ninja Gaiden put me into the low end of buying the 3D glasses for one, the manual on the other -- I snapped them up.  Yes the RR accessories aren't perfect but they work, glasses defects I wish I could flatten but wearing them you don't even see it playing so that's a win.

I did a little repair work to stop the RR manual from decomposing more, a mix of a little glue stick on the front(to back) tear and then clear tape internally at staple, top (has missing bit in rear), and bottom to restore the cover to a safe to use state.

nov2021NESfinds.jpg

• Like 9

14 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Yes the RR accessories aren't perfect but they work, glasses defects I wish I could flatten but wearing them you don't even see it playing so that's a win.

Yea, that's the good thing about the glasses. Hard to find a pair with no damage, but as long as it has no tears, minor bends will not impact their use.

• Thanks 1

Well not sure when the next post will pop out of thin air, it arrived a day early, meaning a few days probably early so that was luck.  A bit of a limited release here, a 2016 Columbus Circle/RIKI game for the Famicom, did get a LRG limited(truly by count) run on a NES cart too I think earlier this year.  It's... Kira Kira Star Night DX.  Grabbed this for $30 shipped, very beautifully done cart and all, shiny metallic sticker, rear is stock standard type, plastic shell matches another third parties works which is a nice touch.  A fantastic little 'caravan' style game usually seen with shooters in the 80s and early 90s.  The music is a real treat and the visuals aren't a slouch either with some nice color use.  Like a puzzle but also not, easy to play, hard to master.

....and it likes using my FC Mobile 88 handheld too without problem (nice bonus.)

kirakirastarnightdx.jpg

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

Having just finished my uni degree I decided to treat myself with Pokemon Shining Pearl! A couple hours into it and am loving every second of it! Also got a couple Gameboy games in the box (sadly ISS 99 isn't the US version, but I knew that going into buying it- the allure of the US version made me want to get a copy of it to see how it plays) 

IMG_3465.jpg

• Like 9