IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

@Aguy where do you get that?  That looks like it would be a fun magazine to read, but I'm guessing it's long out of print?  I used to read a website with the same name (I think) but it was UK based.

I've just been getting them off eBay. Most are listed pretty high ($20+ each) so usually have to throw out best offers, which makes it slow work. This was the EGM version of NPA. The first issue was Summer/Fall '99 and billed as the unofficial GBC magazine. It made it to the DS/PSP era, but I'm not sure exactly when it ended.

There are some archived here: https://archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A"pocket+games"

Edited by Aguy

So like I found this along with an old metallic looking handheld Connect 4 and this old 80s pvc koolaid man for $3 over the weekend off a random garage sale.  I think I did well.  Bug for Pocket Arcade/Sega-Tiger handheld seems to be semi-uncommon and strangely seems to be a pretty busy and potentially good LCD game.  It needs a manual, can't quite figure it out so far but seems to play well enough.  Move and spit/shoot in any direction, can refill your shots, pick up some stuffs, and take out targets that come along.  I can't figure out what I need to do/collect to clear a stage though, but seems fine, usual style platformer-ish game with 3 lives and a health bar.

Anyone ever own this know how it works?

lcd-bug.jpg

• Like 7

More Sega goodies this week. Finally found a decent copy of Phantasy Star at a decent price. Sadly, Wonder Boy is in pretty bad condition and needs art replaced. Jaguar is pretty darn rough, but the price was a steal, so I couldn't turn it down. Night Trap is really nice, so I was happy to find that one. Everything else is pretty solid.

QNBSliK.jpg

HZgr2SX.jpg

Z3EAsiz.jpg

5vfTPw7.jpg

• Like 9
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 1

After almost two months of not buying any video games, I decided to go back to my local game store and bought the Japanese version of Banjo-Tooie: 

japbanjotooie.jpg.e714b7a906afe21b651195500a73fd39.jpg

japbanjotooiescreen.jpg.718a93ee54b65775507c3f68a553aae3.jpg

While I was there, I also bought some blue raspberry and strawberry & watermelon Airheads:

airheadscandy.jpg.bfe834cf8492bb893b6e8e1dc2f8a4ec.jpg

Also downloaded a few Pac-Man 99 themes (glad they at least made some of them available for free):

pacman99shtheme.jpg.433777df29b8f56e94c4d803d5961ed3.jpg

pacman99tbtheme.jpg.c202438f0c81e83358008b38e7de91bf.jpg

pacman99nc6theme.jpg.0347811adc4ebb246f1d87a698aa9eb0.jpg

pacman99nc7theme.jpg.04980162270033974ee3b00fd6921a9e.jpg

And I'm probably going to regret this, but...:

sgswitchonline.jpg.6c818704d56f5a43640d937081aaefc9.jpg

n64switchonline.jpg.0ae1f9ce6cef8fb3ea456964d973aed3.jpg

I decided to get the Switch Online Expansion Pack features, even though I don't need them. I already have most of those games for my N64, and also have most of the Genesis games that I care about. But I guess I'm able to play N64 and Genesis games on VGS game nights, at least, so it's not a total loss.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 5

Editorials Team · Posted
On 10/26/2021 at 7:06 PM, MegaMan52 said:

I decided to get the Switch Online Expansion Pack features, even though I don't need them. I already have most of those games for my N64, and also have most of the Genesis games that I care about. But I guess I'm able to play N64 and Genesis games on VGS game nights, at least, so it's not a total loss.

Damn you @Jeevan the Quitter™!  Pressuring us into pricey N64 subscriptions.

• Sad 1

Events Helper · Posted
6 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Damn you @Jeevan the Quitter™!  Pressuring us into pricey N64 subscriptions.

I didn't even put it on the poll yet!  I want to get the controller before I do, so it has the proper buttons lol.  pro controller sucks for it I'll tell ya that.

Hey everyone!

A few things came my way in the past few days.

I'm a little late on Dread, but I got a CE with the amiibo. My brother's been loving the game, so I'm looking forward to going through it at some point (after I put the time into my 2021 game list in that thread).

Hx9XRPn3SHOvACjtsHERaA.jpg.6f6a8eabbec3e131a495d5dca6187232.jpg

I finally got around to rounding up Revenge of Shinobi and Shinobi III. Everything I've seen about them suggests they are great, so those should be fun. The one that got me particularly excited though is Aladdin.

I put a fair amount of time into Aladdin back when it released, loved the creativity of the level design, the great control and graphics, and it really did a great job at capturing some of the magic from the movie. I really should have bought the game years ago, but just figured it would always be easy to get a copy and would do it later. I happened to be thinking about Aladdin the other night, so I felt it was time. This copy is a super crisp 'Made in Japan' version, and I'm looking forward to putting some time in soon (the kids are excited too!).

pJBbRs1TSmycMsmnE9K4mQ.jpg.5bf81537fa5c6e0458f7206302ac37a2.jpg

Lastly, G-Darius came out and I love shoot 'em ups, so it had to happen. I already had Dr. Mario earlier this year, but traded it for another GB game...but...I love all things Dr. Mario (I play competitively) and so I had to get a copy...but for keeps this time 😉

As for Alien Hominid, I used to own the game when it released and used it to trade towards a 60GB PS3 when they came out - on one of those EB Games trade promotions - with every intention of re-buying it afterwards for super cheap...and then promptly forgot. I was at the pawnshop last Friday and saw a beautiful CIB copy there, so I can say that I've righted that wrong.

qsQw0q4PSkiQ_FHvJ3T23w.jpg.d8b5d5a634c12982f3f159815e287aa5.jpg

So that's it for now. In about two weeks - just in time for my birthday - I'm expecting a pretty serious box of games to show up (just waiting for the last few things to arrive at Stackry) so I'm at the point where I'm just counting down the days 😄

Thanks everyone!

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, Renmauzo said:

As for Alien Hominid, I used to own the game when it released and used it to trade towards a 60GB PS3 when they came out - on one of those EB Games trade promotions - with every intention of re-buying it afterwards for super cheap...and then promptly forgot. I was at the pawnshop last Friday and saw a beautiful CIB copy there, so I can say that I've righted that wrong.

Alien Hominid is such a great game. I really enjoyed Castle Crashers, but AH will probably always be my favorite Behemoth game. I have like three different copies and I'm pretty sure I got all the achievements on the 360 version.

On 10/26/2021 at 9:23 AM, Mijael said:

Got this yesterday . A game that bring me good memories. It wasn't a hard game like most of the NES games so i think i finished it when i was a kid

IMG_20211025_221008_719.thumb.jpg.f679aa1316997f68392358532f74886f.jpg

IMG_20211025_221008_760.thumb.jpg.59f4c09beaa9201c4f2d9bf340f6ea0e.jpg

Karnov rules! One of my favorite lesser-known NES games.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

No image, not feeling it.

Went back to HBP to dump some more low value stuff I didn't want to deal with and on the way out saw some stuff going to hit the floor.  I got a clean disc/clean copy of Soul Reaver PS1, Tiny Toons Babs Big Break+Shanghai w/manual for GB, with the little credit I got it was covered (or would have been 15, 5 and 5 respectively.)

• Like 1

So... I have been dealing with Koichi Sugiyama's sudden death with hopes of finding LPs tied to either Dragon Quest I or Dragon Quest VIII. Out of everything he has done, including anime and Godzilla, those two albums are what I want to remember him by. And yet, neither album has been (re-)published on LP. 😩

Moving on... I found this LP at my local-ish Barnes & Noble. The day I got it is a prime example where shopping therapy can help curb the anxiety variation of ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). And while I am still kicking myself for not getting the last Haunted Mansion LP at Disneyland, having this will fill that gap.

PGHLP2.thumb.jpg.bb873c9455332c06172923242208efc1.jpg

And as of late, I also have been hoping that the Castlevania Collection will go on sale this month. So I have been trying to hear as many of the original albums out there, only to find that Castlevania II: Simon's Quest is my all-out favorite! Which had me decide this past week to buy it (with it offering both OST versions as a bonus). 🍺

CSQLP3.thumb.jpg.803de02d7f053cef6c41758075a1da02.jpg

I also pre-ordered Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic on the Nintendo Switch. Because I am a fan of a few of those non-canon games. And this one is one of a few I wanted to beat, but never could. 😅

• Like 6
  • Love 1