IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

I got these wired Wii remotes that are supposed to go with some models of the Wii Dev kits (RVT-H wired).

They're pretty cool. Looks like regular shells that were manually modified with a Dremel or something to make room for the wire. The connector on the end looks like a mini version of a cable antenna plug.

NvsjWl7.jpg

Ww2Yeuw.jpg

PcS5fGS.jpg

jcJA2c9.jpg

s50loPJ.jpg

b9D39oY.jpg

q8frKao.jpg

• Like 7
  • Wow! 1

Here is what I bought on my birthday. More later (because it is late).

Miniatures1.thumb.jpg.4de624e0ba4b62737ac7634fdab571fa.jpg

Items #1 and #2 were bought at a store called Game Ogre. Luke Skywalker was bought for the miniature, while Winter Wolf was bought for a project I am working on. I need to find a good painter who will paint both. 😅

SWLP1.thumb.jpg.9700f4f871f9aacf840e33ab0950f594.jpg

Item #3 was at a Barnes & Noble that had an LP I wanted to buy. All they had was this and the LP for The Rise of Skywalker. I chose this because I am a OT guy. Heard it online and love how teaser-ish the RotJ stuff sounds. 🥲

FaceMask.jpg.10a3f89be91d8968d63f68b16249f0ef.jpg

And item #4 was bought long before I realized that the Disney Store I bought it from was closing. This was purchased because I am going back to Disneyland on the 14th. Complete with a Savi's Workshop appointment. 🙂

Here is to the hope my interest in collecting video games comes back!

• Like 6

11 hours ago, drxandy said:

Nice! Have fun at Disney making a saber at the workshop! the whole area is so neat, I hope you have a great time!! Those masks are comfy material too!!

Thanks. 🙂

And I should note that this will be my third attempt at owning a Galaxy's Edge lightsaber. With it being the first where I set up a reservation after I got my ticket.

Plus, I also plan to tell Vader that Emperor Palpatine never posts anything that @croagunk is willing to 'like'. 😁

As for the mask... I'm glad. I bought a few extra masks for trips, flights, etc. But this one I hope to wear both this month and whenever I can visit Tokyo Disneyland (again). And both areas have mask mandates.

Now... I have to convince myself that I want to build an Elemental Nature lightsaber. 😅

• Like 2

I got one of those newfangled first print Pokemons (so newfangled @AdamWpointed out a Reddit post from 8 years ago that mentioned it). It took a while to find a decent one! I think it's rad, dare I say cooler than left bros since it's the first version of the first-ish game in the series. Too bad it isn't a Japanese variant so it can never be truly first 😭

0Wzxi5d.png

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Like 9

20 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

I got one of those newfangled first print Pokemons (so newfangled @AdamWpointed out a Reddit post from 8 years ago that mentioned it). It took a while to find a decent one! I think it's rad, dare I say cooler than left bros since it's the first version of the first-ish game in the series. Too bad it isn't a Japanese variant so it can never be truly first 😭

How can you identify a first print Pokemon?

The past month was a mess, blew out my account with some home renovation stuff and I've been put on a spending ban so my pickups have slowed down a lot, but a bunch of stuff came in and is still coming in from long pending orders thanks to production and shipping delays. I didn't have much time to organize stuff nicely so please forgive the messiness of these pics, here are some highlights: 

spacer.png

Finally bit the bullet on these, I'm glad I did, I had a drummer friend over recently and he had a lot of fun with the Taiko drum accessory (playing Drum n Fun not the Rhythmic Adventurer Pack pictured here). I also would like to get the train controller for Densha de Go but it's at least $200 on the second hand market which is painful. 

spacer.png

Mixed bag here, not pictured is I also found a sealed Kid Icarus Uprising that was my brother's spare copy. Fall of the Foot Clan I was chasing for quite a while, this one is missing the reg card which is a problem but the condition is really nice. 

spacer.png

Finally went in on a Didget which I should have bought long ago when they were $60-ish, also finally tracked down a sealed Walmart exclusive Pac Man Party... I can see how I ended up with a spending ban. 

spacer.png

I got this bag a while back in a trade, it was filthy but after a quick cleaning it looks very nice. 

spacer.png

Two great games that are just ports but I'm happy to have physical versions on Switch. 

spacer.png

A very nice CE that took a bit longer than expected but worth the wait. 

spacer.png

More weird Switch games, my catnip. 

spacer.png

Finally tracked down a Toy Story 3 DS with lenticular trading cards, this one is a Canadian variant which I still have no information about, weird part is there's nothing on the case that mentions the cards. Need help on this one. 

spacer.png

These are all from trades, the top 2 are from a trade with @Naked Warrior. Dr Mario / Puzzle League and Atari Anniversary Advance are missing the carts but I should be able to get those eventually. The SMB3 has the cards still sealed. 

spacer.png

I got some great strategy guides from @Boosted52405's auction, these are just the highlights of that haul. 

spacer.png

Lastly, a local collector contacted me last week asking if I wanted this, he said he needed some money and would let this go for $150, I decided it was time (this is the last "expensive" PS2 game that I really wanted), I then had the audacity to post it on my Instagram which of course my wife saw, so I might have been in some hot water, but I finally have Chulip. 

Anyway for the rest of this month I am mostly focused on selling stuff rather than acquiring stuff although I will continue to do trades when I can, and I might have a few nice things come in anyway. Probably my next post will be shorter!

• Like 10
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, RpgCollector said:

Someone peeled your sticker off:

Image 1 - Toy Story 3 (Nintendo DS, 2010)

No, please read my post. That's the USA release. The one I picked up is Canadian. Note the French on the ESRB logo, and the fact which I did not explicitly mention in my post that I imported it from Canada. 

Although I would love to see the cards in the USA release if you have them. 

11 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Major congrats!  It's been years since you got a NES game you needed.  I wonder how long it will be till the next one.......

Hopefully not as long as this one did.  Down to Stadium Events, Cheetahmen, the Panesians, and every Sachen aside from Huge Insect 😛

• Like 1