IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

So this is kind of a weird one. I've been collecting for years but I'm a bit of a perfectionist, one thing that has always been a huge problem in my setup is systems where games swap resolutions in game would cause significant issues on an upscaler. This is mostly isolated to the PS1/Sat/N64/PS2  so many don't even really know about it, but finally a single device exist that not only completely removes that issue, but does all the other great stuff those other devices did very well. I can finally run all my non HD systems through one device and have them all work without worry, really brilliant device! Anyone who is into this stuff would do well to look at the Retrotink 5x, I love mine. Below I posted screens of a few games with notorious issues when using other devices. Klonoa 2 has constant resolution transitions whenever you go to a new area (so every few minutes), and Sonic Jam would kick off anytime you go into a sub area where the extras are, and Sonic 2 Splitscreen just didn't work most of the time on other devices. It has a lot of other cool settings that absolve issues I had with Genesis and such too. I also haven't been able to see full console boot ups on my setup until this device, I feel like I finally put the heart into my setup and hope it last forever 😛

E8TAmKoWQAUN_74?format=jpg&name=largeE8TAgaTWUAADgqM?format=jpg&name=largeE8TAlHcWEAUiqA9?format=jpg&name=largeE8TAl0JXIAcfTKH?format=jpg&name=largeE8Jje_oXoAoe05u?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 8
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 2

@croagunk I've heard great things.  It takes some new stuff in, but mostly being 'gold' it's the best of the mini games of every previous release all rolled into one.  I never did get it, probably should, since I have a 3DS again.

And while I don't have images, the run of fun that started with the vintage TMNT stuff like 4-5 days ago, followed by the trade into the Nomad handheld, and the odd digimon vintage toys too has come into a bit more of luck, but small luck.  So because it's small and I'm whipped tired, no picture.

Tell me, finding Popeye 2 for the Gameboy is a good thing right?  Also grabbed a cherry red box copy version of Super Mario 64 DS too.  I paid the lower median ebay rate for the DS game, and the GB one same if you like a chewed on stained copy(which this isn't.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Definitely a great pickup for $40. Half Court and Sand Storm are ridiculous right now. And the minis are VERY hard to find with the easily lost small pieces like that. 

Thanks i know what you mean after digging on that stuff all evening when I was sorting, then some since.  Half Court and Sand Storm, complete, currently, I could net somewhere around the $350 mark +/- 50 right now.  MIkey (invisible man) is a big mystery, there's no history of sold ones that aren't sealed, sealed are ridiculous.  Loose ones with only the snap on mask are like $200-250.  He's probably as it sits, including the usually tossed out card probably a $400+ toy easily which is nuts.

Here's a good shot I of mikey here, the others, and the mini stash in better detail.

tmnt-halfcourt.jpg

tmnt-invis-mikey.jpg

tmnt-mini-lair-extras.jpg

tmnt-sandstorm.jpg

• Like 9

3 hours ago, avatar! said:

Nice! I forgot about those old AD&D games... sigh, really wish someone would remaster those and release them on modern consoles 🙂

That would be nice but so far the best is get the lot from GoG, then use the Gold Box Companion - https://gbc.zorbus.net/

It does modernize some aspects, very helpful.

• Like 1

I do not have a picture handy, sorry, but I got an alright deal today on a Gamecube bundle of 7 for $75.

The first two for me are highlights, the next I had before, and so on.  Starfox Adventures, Legends of Wrestling, 007 Agent Under Fire, and then Resident Evil 0, Rogue Squadron 2, and then without manuals Turok Evolution and Enter the Matrix.

Complete or not, cases are in pretty nice to great shape, discs are spotless or nearly, no damages there with a care.  A couple at least I know I won't keep would be Matrix and RS2(already own it), and REZero I didn't like 20 years ago so ehh...  Curious if Turok is any fun, have to attempt that one.

Starfox is fantastic, forget the haters, and that wrestling game looks amazing as I looked up the roster and expanded unlockable ones too (a real flashback.)

• Like 5

I've been in escrow for the past month so I've been on a strict "don't buy anything" budget. But I can't pass up any copies of Pocket Games I don't have, especially in this condition and it was only $12 shipped. GameStop also had a nice sale on <$20 games so this Untitled Goose Game was only $10. It was sold as used but still had all the extras and was paid for with trade credit anyway.

IMG_20210812_091258560~2.jpg

Edited by Aguy
  • Like 9

5 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Finally finished the funtastic series. Got the ice blue last month and the watermelon red just today. Gold is in the mail! All USA versions with matching controllers. Now I just need to figure out how to display all the N64 stuff  

8E7EFC8D-CDAC-4079-A611-33E44220D259.jpeg

That's badass. Congrats. The various colors were truly a thing of their time. Who needs iMacs when you can collect N64's? 

• Like 2

Have a nice mail arrival that threw me today as some arrived early.  Not all pictured, most of it though.

The PCE games were pick up off a member here, and also thanking again mog for the GC manual/insert so that game is complete now.  A friend of mine from another site and off there for years now, did a trade to help him out with another local friend of his trying to sell goodies.  I did a trade of some easy to sell valued stuff and in return the 4 GBA games came (and an item I got too, not here, a US N64 power plug I needed for a system I have.)  And then got help from yet another member, bought their orphaned nomad battery pack it comes with my Nomad lacked so it's complete now.  And then the FC version of Kid Dracula I grabbed for a solid fair lower price in an OBO on ebay. 🙂

mail-aug13-21.jpg

• Like 9

So an estimated 160 days have past and I FINALLY got my first two CAS submissions. The first one is Dragon Quest VII: Warriors of Eden (PS one Books), and the second is Phantasy Star Online Ver. 2 (Japan release version). (The second game is one I am planning to sell at this time.) And since I decided not to do a review, here are the basics on what you need to know:

1) They used this box size for two games. It was mostly foam popcorn and bubble wrap in that box!

CAS1.jpg.e32f2993f1acbd46c5d122182e49d3e7.jpg

2) They put the certificates (see below) in a ziplock-like bag, which they packed in a bubble envelope.

CAS2.jpg.02300cc218494a6bbcfa03c67a827f5a.jpg

3) Past videos I had seen showed tha they used cardboard boxes to protect graded items. This time they bubble wrapped it in the same manner CGA does. (I will not open this one if I choose to sell it.)

CAS3.jpg.260a021c36557f125cfed163209e1664.jpg

4) Here is what the COA looks like. Both games were 85, even though they looked like a 90 to 90+ when I shipped them off. But again, CAS grades like they are a VGA V2, and not a Wata V1.

CAS4.thumb.jpg.b95c17734eec49352636e36448773fef.jpg

I should also note that I made an error when I submitted Dragon Quest VII. When I submitted my request, I labeled it as a "PSOne Books" variant. I ended up contacting customer service about my error, and they got it corrected in 24 hours. So both my COA and label sport the corrected variant moniker! 🥲

If anybody here is interested in the PSO V2, feel free to PM me. Thanks.

UPDATE/EDIT: I have sent CAS an email requesting that I have both games re-cased. DQ7 has very noticeable debris both inside the outer shell and the inner well. PSO V2 has a minor variant of this issue. I am putting the sale of PSO V2 on hold. 😑

Edited by FenrirZero
  • Like 5