IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Oh yeah I forgot to post this Wii Dev kit that I got in as is condition:

2qsbvAn.jpg

oCcmERd.jpg

I haven't tested it yet but I hear this is the model with a hard drive so there's a chance to find prototypes or unreleased games (if it even works that is lol).

In fact....I got 10 of them. All as is untested.

p0zP8Vs.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow! 6

1 minute ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Who knew this was even a series lol What's the last one?

Amazing Tater is the other. If my recollection is right the series is called Puzzle Boy in Japan and is developed by Atlus, but Acclaim published the first one and changed him into a tomato, where as the second and third game were published by Atlus and they decided to keep things faithful from there. 

Judging by the fact Kwirk cost like 40 bucks and the other is closer to 2000, I guess Acclaim did something right with their Extremely Cool 90s branding lol. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, goldenpp72 said:

Amazing Tater is the other. If my recollection is right the series is called Puzzle Boy in Japan and is developed by Atlus, but Acclaim published the first one and changed him into a tomato, where as the second and third game were published by Atlus and they decided to keep things faithful from there. 

🤯

• Like 1

And now for something non-gaming, but I think plenty here will truly appreciate.  This all came in a taped up tub I figured was a crap shoot at $40...well err...jackpot.  I present to you 1988-1994 era original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toys, and you'll notice, most of it, it's complete.  Someone, whoever had this and stored it, clearly cared, a lot.  Took me hours(all evening late) yesterday to put all the pieces with the right thing, then bag it up after taking that shot.  I've got spare parts, mostly for a Raph toy that was missing and a few other odds and ends, also oddly one Cadillacs and Dinos toy, forgot those existed.  To be transparent, not going to keep all of it, but some, most definitely! 😄

I won't break down all the details, but I will say I added up sold values on this, on the low side, parted out, it's a $1300 gain above the $40 put into it

I have to say I love the minis, that one set is almost complete but complete enough for sure, and the added minis they're so detailed and awesome, keepers.  The old 88 Raph went immediately to my shelf along with Splinter.  A good many of those 1991-92 ones I want to hold onto like the 1st movie figures, super shredder, chrome dome etc.

Very amusing to me, anyone here woke enough to get offended at Bandito Bashin' Mike?  Nothing says cultural appropriation being a stereotypical cartoon mexican right?! 😄

The shocking bit, the 1993/94 stuff.  The camel and giraffe they're worth at least $130 and $200 respectively, and the 1994 Universal Monsters Invisible man mikey there at least $250-300+ which is insane.  Those 3 are the bulk of that total I came up with along with a few others in the $50-70 range (super heroes, mexican mikey, the extra pile of mini mutants(7 of them.)  I was surprised to see the little turtle party wagon is a $40 toy car, it paid for the entire lot -- but won't, it's a desk toy now too 😄  The minis are staying on the desk.

Aug5-52-TMNTfind.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Maybe not the best, and no picture...yet, as it's a find, but request find.

ANyone here familiar with the original run of the Digimon toys?  Mostly the 1.5" PVC but also a few of the 2.5"~ minor action movement toys?  I went back to that GW today to see if more stuff resurfaced, I got it all of TMNT.  The gundam toys were gone, but the digimon mix box stayed for $15.  Spread over 2 boxes but fit into one (nice boxes too I'm keeping with a snap and sections) it has a handful of japanese cards, some of the cards from like a set A/B for the original card game and strangely a few US DBZ cards, 5 posters for the PVC stuff, and then like 30 of the PVCs and 3 of the motion bits.

I'm having a hell of a time finding a good working resource to name these things, figure out what they are, dated and stuff.  Normally given my years with various toy things, I know places to look, but even the figure-archive.net site is sticking some and a bit painful to use with some really really poor image quality things going on, and I know I have one or two toys not on their list but are legit, so it has holes. 😕

If nothing comes up, it's late, I'll make a real post about it with them on the carpet in a shot tomorrow or the next.  I love the detail on these little things.  I do NOT intend to keep any of the card/card game pieces.

• Like 1

Today, a dream finally came true for me.

MEGA MAN V!!! 

P8xumn4cSLOzsZ_6WyJeTA.thumb.jpg.c389424cef686f5ec1410ceb93a288ab.jpg

The condition is gorgeous, plastic is still on; it's the next best thing to opening a brand new one.

8AVE6b_OTQu90rel58bihQ.thumb.jpg.3c38e423332f7c9f86fd37e0c8e86816.jpg

This game has slipped through my fingers so many times, and finally, I get to play it properly (not ported with a ton of input lag); this weekend is going to be awesome!

yVbbCNP3QQuFHFCRzKgg7A.jpg.889efb3f3aa75dc31da84355f5d3a89a.jpg

It's been such a long time coming that this is one of the most satisfying days I've had since I started collecting games decades ago.

I hope you all have an awesome weekend and can play a game (or games) you're passionate about!

• Like 10
  • Wow! 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Renmauzo said:

Today, a dream finally came true for me.

MEGA MAN V!!! 

P8xumn4cSLOzsZ_6WyJeTA.thumb.jpg.c389424cef686f5ec1410ceb93a288ab.jpg

The condition is gorgeous, plastic is still on; it's the next best thing to opening a brand new one.

8AVE6b_OTQu90rel58bihQ.thumb.jpg.3c38e423332f7c9f86fd37e0c8e86816.jpg

This game has slipped through my fingers so many times, and finally, I get to play it properly (not ported with a ton of input lag); this weekend is going to be awesome!

yVbbCNP3QQuFHFCRzKgg7A.jpg.889efb3f3aa75dc31da84355f5d3a89a.jpg

It's been such a long time coming that this is one of the most satisfying days I've had since I started collecting games decades ago.

I hope you all have an awesome weekend and can play a game (or games) you're passionate about!

nice!  thats a big one to check off too.  i have one in the same condition as yours with plastic and inserts. id put that one in acrylic case 😛

@Renmauzo Wow, that is impressive seeing one in that kind of shape given the lower run it had, the fan base as rabid as it is, and well the list goes on.  Most impressive, the fact at first glance it's not open, because someone with care/love slit that wrap so it could stay there to keep it shiny fresh on the outside while playable on the inside.  Best of both worlds, CIB premium style!

While not complete, I get that feeling, really.  I never thought I'd own it in any form, yet some years back dude posted a small stack of games, grubby old case, and an original GB and wanted maybe $50-100 for it range, wasn't much.  MM5 was in there, game paid for the stack, still have it, it's one of those pry from cold dead fingers things I think you'll agree.

I know he's on the boards here, it's a trade, NOT a thrift find, but it came in the mail today and wow what a 15 year loss treat, a flash back to a fun era.  I traded off some pretty quality disneyana pieces (fantasia porcelain) in exchange for a Sega Nomad, just itself, and half a battery back as it was badly chop shopped, and he threw in the Sega 6pak so I'd have something to play.  So much fun.  I got to get an everdrive, and Virtua Racing now. 😄

Needed a little cleaning, used my old plastic scratch remover kit and got the lens notably clear/clearer too which is great.

SegaNomad.jpg

• Like 8
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, CorndogSTEVE99 said:

Just picked this up, the not for resale parts look odd anyone have any info on this or did a store just slap these on?

253669A4-BC92-4743-804C-C055F6532EEF.jpeg

C3E4FC0B-82F2-4298-9CD8-2A28BD14F077.jpeg

This is the version that came with the console, it's the most common variant. The version without Not For Resale on it is harder to find.

More Skylanders. 😊

939378524_SkylandersSeries1.png.89c16247c91ceeb3d4e51ac4dc795569.png

This is the set of characters from the first game that weren't popular enough to get new figures in Skylanders Giants. I think they form a cool little set of characters personally. 🙂

They're still playable in Skylanders Giants, but they don't get the upgrades that the other characters got in their new figures. It's nice that Toys for Bob didn't remove them from the series though, and you can still consider them part of the cast despite not officially being part of the "Giants" set of figures.

$2.50 per figure again, and I'm still looking for the last eight Series 2 figures. 😁

• Like 4