IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Got my Yoshi's Cookie Kuruppon Oven de Cookie 😳 First auction on YAJ was BIN'd for a ridiculous price during a bidding war in the last minutes of the auction and not paid for. The second auction was shilled up to my exact max bid with a retracted bid (which was $100s less than my original high bid for the exact reason that I no longer trusted the seller, lol). But it's legit and it's in my house, so I'm still happy. Rare Nintendo tapes!

dx3ZLQb.png

• Like 14
  • Love 2

Administrator · Posted
13 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Got my Yoshi's Cookie Kuruppon Oven de Cookie 😳 First auction on YAJ was BIN'd for a ridiculous price during a bidding war in the last minutes of the auction and not paid for. The second auction was shilled up to my exact max bid with a retracted bid (which was $100s less than my original high bid for the exact reason that I no longer trusted the seller, lol). But it's legit and it's in my house, so I'm still happy. Rare Nintendo tapes!

dx3ZLQb.png

It doesn't LOOK very rare!

• Wow! 1

20 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

dx3ZLQb.png

Now you should hunt down an oven for it.

• Haha 1

With both Xamot and Tomax running Heritage Auction, and Cobra Commander being the secret owner of Wata Games, I thought I'd add some sealed G.I. Joe goods to my collection while I do my sabbatical.

GIJoeCobra1.jpg.9d5340f1e9123cd8d034943be1e8cd9a.jpg

I had the original Cobra H.I.S.S. tank as a kid. Which is why I have no plans to buy the "Retro Collection" version. And when it comes to this one, I paid a small premium because it was in case fresh condition. 🤓

GIJoeSET1.jpg.76ac42615cb827835bfb3662d04284c8.jpg

This one is an interesting story. The seller used an image of the "black Timber" variant on an AFA 80 to 80+ card. Instead, I got this one (which is on an AFA 85 to 85+ card). All I paid was $35 (plus shipping and sales tax). 🥲

I should also note that Snake Eyes (with Timber) is worth between $60 (low) to $200 (high).

• Like 9
  • Wow! 1

Went back to my local game store and bought Japanese copies of Donkey Kong Land, Mega Man Xtreme, and New Super Mario Bros. (I already have the American releases, but you know...I like imports too):

japdklandandmmxtreme.jpg.b344bc094fc563f826cefcda5cc1d258.jpg

japdklandscreen.jpg.25c8a8e5b9c410489fa11991396f37b2.jpg

japmmxtremescreen.jpg.cd8d5bf90c26a463a6e7c5b189536a0d.jpg

japnewsmb.jpg.10d5d602327f05946642bed5f38e6bf7.jpg

japnewsmbds.jpg.a061954594b232f6d52a246db17f0349.jpg

japnsmbscreen.jpg.aa6b7b7010396a5483880419046e068f.jpg

I also bought Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life on eBay:

harvestmoongc.jpg.3aaa7ce92d7cf81c29de7631cc937976.jpg

harvestmoongcback.jpg

harvestmoongcscreen.jpg

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 9

Bought a Japanese copy of Mega Man 4 at my local game store:

rockman4.jpg.13d059859c0494e8a167824e5197d3ff.jpg

rockman4screen.jpg.e9c7421d3114504d92937577dfb51749.jpg

I wanted to buy this a couple days ago when I bought the Game Boy and DS games above, but the owner couldn't sell it to me because he wanted to test it before selling it (it just arrived earlier this week). Fair enough. After testing it he put it aside, and I went back to the store and picked it up this morning.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 8

You weren't asking me, but I've been following it since it's pre-days over on AtariAge, and I could not recommend it highly enough despite I not owning one.  Why I don't, because I know I have too much right now unfinished so I'd feel bad/wrong buying something like that with overhead in the way.  It would get lightly used, then back to the rest adding to the misery.  That's the only reason.

THe hardware is very well made.  The game selections are collated well and have some amazing choices on the various carts, so many of them and only $20 a pop.  There are definitely some packs I'd grab in a heartbeat like the 2 for LYNX, the Kunio package, the Jaleco one looks solid, Piko's, and a few others.  It's a well made system, and soon they'll have a console version with up to 4P possible on that one.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Would you recommend getting into evercade? I've been eye balling it for awhile but just haven't pulled the trigger. 

Honestly, I don't think it has a ton of use cases outside of the cool indie stuff. You can find a bit more discussion over in the dedicated thread. 

A few of my thoughts from that thread:

"I do have an Evercade although I rarely use it. A few thoughts pros/cons:

Pros
+Solid construction with nice screen
+Physical cartridges with clamshell cases and instruction manuals for collectors
+Huge variety of games

Cons
-D-pad and buttons are a tad mushy, although not terrible
-Looks cheap (although feels much better in hand)
-Many of the games are just bad and even the good ones emulate the inferior console releases rather than the arcade versions
-No true custom button remapping (many of the mappings were fixed with firmware updates, though)

Overall, the Evercade is more of a fun distraction where you can play weird games (there are two Atari Lynx collections!) you can't easily access through other channels. However, if I have my Switch in close proximity, it's hard to justify picking up the Evercade."

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DoctorEncore said:

A few of my thoughts from that thread:

"I do have an Evercade although I rarely use it. A few thoughts pros/cons:

Pros
+Solid construction with nice screen
+Physical cartridges with clamshell cases and instruction manuals for collectors
+Huge variety of games

Cons
-D-pad and buttons are a tad mushy, although not terrible
-Looks cheap (although feels much better in hand)
-Many of the games are just bad and even the good ones emulate the inferior console releases rather than the arcade versions
-No true custom button remapping (many of the mappings were fixed with firmware updates, though)

Overall, the Evercade is more of a fun distraction where you can play weird games (there are two Atari Lynx collections!) you can't easily access through other channels. However, if I have my Switch in close proximity, it's hard to justify picking up the Evercade."

That's actually a very fair one going by personal research + all the owners who gush over it and buy the stuff over on AtariAge.  All those cons are accurate, though firmware update fixes that bottom one.  And the next one in con of 'bad vs good' that is personal depends, but it's valid because you're getting console/handheld games *NOT* arcade where applies.  As long as you go into it knowing you're getting a solid built small cart using handheld that emulates traditional 80s/90s ROMs it's great, but if you want the high end counteparts(arcade usually) you'll be between let down and disgusted.

And that said the flea yet again was crap...outdoors.  I did go inside found someone usually outside (before rents was in) who setup there, gave me the friend discount.  Paid $30 and got 3DS (complete) Kirby Triple Deluxe and New SMB 2 in the red shell so that was a good moment as Kirby goes for that alone sometimes a slight bit over.

• Like 2

lotta Evercade love in here lately, haha. I'll admit, it's a cool looking system. And I like that there's a console and handheld version now. I just can't seem to make myself want it. I just keep thinking that these same game collections could get ported to Switch, and I'd be much happier with them there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, croagunk said:

So excited to finally add this game to my collection! Hamtaro: Rainbow Rescue for GBA. This game was only released in Europe and Japan, with a canceled North American release. Being a big Hamtaro fan, I needed this one badly.

667E52B6-14F9-4BEF-B8B8-F7BB0CF8A720.jpeg

Nice! I've been wanting to add that game to my collection of Game Boy imports for a few years now.

• Like 1