IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

reddeermallcon2021.jpg.fc7e2f48e0a950fc8f89089a6cfa67de.jpg

I went to a MallCon event, and entered a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Tournament. I didn't get a chance to record a video (I didn't bring my Camera, nor was there anywhere to put it while I played), but I'll tell you about what happened. As soon as I paid to enter, I received a Switch Lanyard (yes, I did wear it). Then I had to pick a Controller. Unfortunately they only had Joy-Cons, with and without the Grip. I rarely use Joy-Cons and usually use the GameCube-style Switch Controllers. I asked if they had a Pro Controller there and they didn't. So, I chose the Joy-Cons with the Grip. I had to play the Time Trials mode, and race in Bowser's Castle three times. On the first race, I didn't do so great. Not terrible, but well-below my actual skills. Since the Joy-Con button layout is similar to the SNES's Controller, I thought you needed to press B to Accelerate. But it's A, so I didn't get the boost at the start. I didn't fall off the track, but I crashed a few times and got hit by a boulder once. But the worst thing was that I COMPLETELY FORGOT that you start with three Mushrooms, which I didn't remember until the end of the first race. On the second race, I did much better. I got the boost, crashed less, and used two of my Mushrooms to take a shortcut where the boulders are (I used one Mushroom to avoid getting pounded by the giant Bowser). I did well enough to set a new record. On the final race I did mostly the same things as the second race, but took more risks and was able to do more power slides and I collected more coins. Once again, I did well enough to set a new record.

Anyway, I doubt I won anything. I saw the prizes on the table beside me. There was an Animal Crossing edition Switch, Mario Golf: Super Rush, and various Mario merchandise (socks, a notebook, toys, etc.). Someone's probably gonna beat my best time (which was about 2 minutes and 20 seconds), but whatever. I at least got to play in front of people, and got a Switch Lanyard.

Update: There's a 20 second video of the Mario Kart area from the MallCon event on their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/100070960492536/videos/3125431404357470

You can see the prizes that were being given away on the left. I used the Switch and TV in the middle.

Now for the imports:

sm64japanese.jpg.1c1575c984197796d2061756265abef6.jpg

japsm64screen.jpg.829c24e28568daba177721cfff4650ce.jpg

I already have the Japanese Shindou version of Super Mario 64 (with the Rumble Pak support), but my local game store was selling the original 1996 Japanese release. The box is a little rough and the manual is not included, but my copy of the Shindou version is complete and in near-mint condition so I'm not complaining. It's not as polished as the American or Shindou versions (Mario doesn't say "hello!", for example), but still thought it would be cool to have since the N64's (American) 25th Anniversary is coming up soon.

marioparty2japan.jpg.9ad2c859a19dd6a5b679ef4d81d32f91.jpg

marioparty2japanscreen.jpg.f2e1263a51b695aac53096408f535a8d.jpg

My local game store was also selling the Japanese version of Mario Party 2. I bought a Japanese copy of the first Mario Party (with the manuals) there a month or two ago, so I thought okay might as well grab this. I could've bought a boxed copy on eBay, but I like this store (and the owner is really nice).

Notice the Professor smokes a pipe in the Japanese version.

supermariobbcandy.jpg.996169f2438c6dcd21a1558dd0dc93c4.jpg

I also found this Super Mario Bullet Bill toy, which contains Blue Raspberry flavored candy (my favorite!).

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 8

9 hours ago, sirjake1192 said:

My current collection. I think I now have every BD&A Nintendo Collectibles plush (including all variants) for the normal size, promo size, keychain & 12” talking plushes. I know there are bigger sized plushes but stopping at the 12” plushes is good enough for me 😂

A6B3F092-A2C8-43AF-B1F1-8306EF21D3F2.jpeg

Is it though?  I've been staring at this for a bit now and unless I'm just missing it, where is crotchety old Cranky Kong with his long white beard, vest, and cane?  I know he's one of the most obscure ones though, kind of surprised when I found the thing locally years ago for damn near free. 😛  I keep him on the shelf with the old games from his era.

Just pulled him to check the tag to be sure.  Rear of the tag says Bensussen Deutsch @ Assoc,. Inc.  Rest is just address, patent, materials the usual.  Reverse of it says ToySite we know how to play (www.toy-site.com)

Edited by Tanooki

6 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Is it though?  I've been staring at this for a bit now and unless I'm just missing it, where is crotchety old Cranky Kong with his long white beard, vest, and cane?  I know he's one of the most obscure ones though, kind of surprised when I found the thing locally years ago for damn near free. 😛  I keep him on the shelf with the old games from his era.

Just pulled him to check the tag to be sure.  Rear of the tag says Bensussen Deutsch @ Assoc,. Inc.  Rest is just address, patent, materials the usual.  Reverse of it says ToySite we know how to play (www.toy-site.com)

Technically I guess you could say those plushes are bd&a since toy-site was part of BD&A but I just like to separate them between Toy-Site & BD&A lines. I do have those Donkey Kong plushes too! Definitely my favorite of the Toy-site plushes

A slow but interesting week over here. Spiritfarer came out, and as we only have 1 EB Games in the province, it turns out that the only people to order the game were my sister, brother and I (and my brother pre-ordered last, so they couldn't even fulfill his pre-order). I love this game: beautifully hand-drawn, soothing and mood appropriate music, fun micro-managing, exploration...the game hits all the right beats for me.

A couple of days ago, I popped by the local pawn shop and saw a sealed P5 Royal CE and a copy of Dark Savior on Saturn, a game I've thought about picking up for years but has always moved to the back burner so to speak. I went home and gathered up some stuff I had in a box that I was going to bring in at some point, and got both games.

CDGBM0bVSqW4yRhI0b5pbw.jpg.645b6822a69f494c2cc2951563873ccf.jpg

So, a pretty slow week, but it was nice to get a couple of cool games by trading in some junk I had lying around the house!

• Like 8

I received around 15 packages over the last of Switch stuff so haven't had a chance to open all, but these two are my recent opens. So this Mario Party bundle on the right I didn't even know existed until someone told me in a Facebook group. Might be hard to find later thinking it was an exclusive somewhere. Seeing some sell for nearly $400, getting one for $150 felt right. (only the ESRB/NA version right now. There are a ton of Japan ones on eBay.)

238137392_1558365504507262_3689567444440997751_n.jpg

• Like 7

Nothing fancy, but I enjoyed Star Fox Zero so much that it made me want to get caught up on all of my favourite game series. I don't have a Wii/Game Cube at the moment, but next week I'll get one and play through this.

$70.00 is a pretty standard Canadian price for this game if you factor in shipping, so I guess it could have been worse. When you consider how Game Cube games have been lately, "I guess I should be thankful" that the two games I need to buy for it are Star Fox games. It's a small perk of enjoying a series that's long lost its relevance.

1631548425_StarFoxAssault.png.cef5b710cdffd9d0366c4a12dcd6c7db.png

Edited by AmandaCathedral
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Skorp said:

I received around 15 packages over the last of Switch stuff so haven't had a chance to open all, but these two are my recent opens. So this Mario Party bundle on the right I didn't even know existed until someone told me in a Facebook group. Might be hard to find later thinking it was an exclusive somewhere. Seeing some sell for nearly $400, getting one for $150 felt right. (only the ESRB/NA version right now. There are a ton of Japan ones on eBay.)

238137392_1558365504507262_3689567444440997751_n.jpg

I believe there might be a couple variants of that Super Mario Party with different colored joy cons. Not entirely sure though.

22 hours ago, sirjake1192 said:

Technically I guess you could say those plushes are bd&a since toy-site was part of BD&A but I just like to separate them between Toy-Site & BD&A lines. I do have those Donkey Kong plushes too! Definitely my favorite of the Toy-site plushes

Well now that's fair enough, was curious why some were missing.  They are but I guess aren't due to toy-site on one side part of the same group depend where draw the line.  He's my favorite of those things, ages ago I had the first 4, even had a store version of the Mario64 wing cap mario with the voice box too but they're gone.  Cranky was it for some years, recently came across in a bin for 50cents the old yoshi and koopa so they're hanging out now too.

Onto new though...

No image, at least not handy.

I caught Half price books slipping, their national level sticker system too. >:]

Double Dragon Advance:
Their price: $7.99
eBay price: $80-90

Yup, that' s a win, also why for years I've not added that back to my collection as I found $40-50 distasteful pre-virus.

• Like 5
  • Wow! 1

Just now, JVOSS said:

just add the NFR VB games to collection.  Now how do i play them without VB?  time for some researching. 

Hate to break it to you, I have some bad news in pairs, isn't that how it usually happens?
1) You can't, VB of some sort is required, other than an emulator like VBjin, but that's roms, not carts.
2) Technically they're fiction. The sticker is the only difference, the retail and DEMO only differ on the sticker, that's it.

It's why I don't own them as I wasn't going to back in 2019 when I got the full US retail set pay $50 a pop for a stupid sticker. 😄

• Wow! 1

40 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Hate to break it to you, I have some bad news in pairs, isn't that how it usually happens?
1) You can't, VB of some sort is required, other than an emulator like VBjin, but that's roms, not carts.
2) Technically they're fiction. The sticker is the only difference, the retail and DEMO only differ on the sticker, that's it.

It's why I don't own them as I wasn't going to back in 2019 when I got the full US retail set pay $50 a pop for a stupid sticker. 😄

@Tanookiyou bubble buster. 😃😃        you should add this to the TMI  thread

Edited by JVOSS

3 hours ago, AmandaCathedral said:

Nothing fancy, but I enjoyed Star Fox Zero so much that it made me want to get caught up on all of my favourite game series. I don't have a Wii/Game Cube at the moment, but next week I'll get one and play through this.

$70.00 is a pretty standard Canadian price for this game if you factor in shipping, so I guess it could have been worse. When you consider how Game Cube games have been lately, "I guess I should be thankful" that the two games I need to buy for it are Star Fox games. It's a small perk of enjoying a series that's long lost its relevance.

1631548425_StarFoxAssault.png.cef5b710cdffd9d0366c4a12dcd6c7db.png

I wanna know how this one turns out. 🙂

12 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Nope. There was only the green / yellow bundle.

Hmm...I could have sworn I saw an ESRB rated bundle with pink and yellow joy cons. There's a stock image for this Walmart listing:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Mario-Party-Neon-Pink-Neon-Yellow-Joy-Con-Nintendo-Switch/154129718

Also found this with a bit of searching:

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Wow! 2

1 hour ago, bowser said:

Hmm...I could have sworn I saw an ESRB rated bundle with pink and yellow joy cons. There's a stock image for this Walmart listing:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Mario-Party-Neon-Pink-Neon-Yellow-Joy-Con-Nintendo-Switch/154129718

Also found this with a bit of searching:

spacer.png

Whoa... Nice find dude! So unexpected. Looks like gotta dig deeper now to see if any collector actually has the pink variant in hand.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Skorp said:

Whoa... Nice find dude! So unexpected. Looks like gotta dig deeper now to see if any collector actually has the pink variant in hand.

@bowserThey were not released In NA. That’s another one of those Asian ESRB specials. That version was only released in the Philippines or Southeast Asia. 

91E2794E-38DE-4899-AD9D-1D5E8E737F2D.jpeg

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Mr. CIB said:

@bowserThey were not released In NA. That’s another one of those Asian ESRB specials. That version was only released in the Philippines or Southeast Asia. 

91E2794E-38DE-4899-AD9D-1D5E8E737F2D.jpeg

FYI the current list of them are:

1. Mario Party Bundle (pink/yellow) with black straps) Japanese uses matching straps. 

2. Blaster Master Trilogy

3. Kemco RPG Omnibus
4. OBAKEIDORO

5. Neo Geo Pocket Vol 1 (LRG yet to be released)

6. Ancestors Legacy (also has a NA release)

Edited by Mr. CIB
  • Like 1

Just found this. Looks like you are right Mr. CIB. Was released in Malaysia. The odd thing is, the green and yellow was sold there too apparently.... but both do have Malaysia codes on the back, just that ESRB logo is confusing.

Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 11.57.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 12.24.59 AM.png

Edited by Skorp
  • Like 4