IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

6 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

@TDIRunner you play space shot yet 🙂 

Not yet, but I try to play most of my games as they come in so I will try to get to it soon.

I was interested in it because of this interesting PS1 subset of A1 Games/Agetec games that use a similar template for the box art and try to categorize all of their games with a different color for each genre.  There are about a dozen games with this template and I'm only missing one now.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TDIRunner said:

Not yet, but I try to play most of my games as they come in so I will try to get to it soon.

I was interested in it because of this interesting PS1 subset of A1 Games/Agetec games that use a similar template for the box art and try to categorize all of their games with a different color for each genre.  There are about a dozen games with this template and I'm only missing one now.  

the cut scenes are....awesome

• Like 2

Last time I commented was last last month, wasn't even worth an image over 2 common A quality 3DS games.

I have had some goodies pop up though in the meantime, just not done images seeing no point.

Decided to add a few missing pieces to that TMNT jackpot I hit.  At first it was Donnie, Rocksteady and Fugitoid, and they're complete basically.  Then the other day I had Krang, Metalhead and Bebop show up mostly/complete on those too and they're in nice shape all around.  If I get a foot clan grunt, shredder, and april I'd have the first years worth of them.  Maybe?

Also I was able to come across a copy of Star Control for Genesis, so happy to have that back.  Also found a ghibli movie on blu ray I was missing, Princess Kaguya, need to sit and watch this.

• Like 2

You know it's funny I mention it's been a slim couple of weeks or more, flea is like dead dead and not worth checking anymore weekly, maybe monthly... and then well, this happens.

Along my street there were signs out for 2 community wide yard sales so I was like...yeah sure it's close.  They've been weak the last few years too with diminishing returns.  At first in my area before those, one guy had a sale, got that fold up 50~year old chess/checkers set for a dollar.

The first group sale was like a 1/4mi up the road, and strangely first house I found for a dollar those handheld games.  Hangman is a car toy for my kid, and the peg game too stays in the car.  JP though strangely is pretty decent, may go in the car, and the other the batteries blew including(barely starting) those inside.  Thankfully that weird MGA oddity works, and it's kind of fun too, and I guess rare as it isn't even on ebay and google is fairly dry too.  Then it went dry, but the last place I tried in this area... jackpot!  That NES for $15, and the 2 games $1 each.  I haven't picked up/seen a console in like 4-5 years.  I'll have to test it tomorrow/during the week.

Anyone know where to get a new shell for it??  The corner is cracked in front.

Then I went off to the next one a mile further down the road.  Amazingly, the first place I spot had this huge rack of what looked like movies...well, it was, but not entirely.  Couple boxes on the ground had skylanders, and lame 360, then I start to see white cases...Wii white cases.  I was surprised to see Mario Galaxy 2 really fast...yay.  I ask, they wanted just $1 a piece?!  I grabbed all those, and that wasn't all, I left about a 1/3 of it some kid stuff, lego stuff, a few other odds and ends, and just gave her $20.

By my count, $39 day.   Very happy to own Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Little King's Story again, Trauma Center I've always wanted to play, and that's both, and Sega Bass Fishing another DC port is a solid fun game.

The rest I have a couple things going to a friend in trade, the rest I'd be fine trading/selling if anyone cares to be open about it.  Most the discs are light scuffs or so, a few mostly clean, a few are scratched up some good bit with a few deeper but all played/tested to work.

commyardsales-sept1121.jpg

• Like 12

I have more to show, but until then... My upgraded "holy grail" has returned!

A little reminder: Only 1,000 of these were made at the end of 2001. And AFA's outdated pop report shows that they have only graded ~45 of these, with ~40 being sealed.

Long story short... CAS graded it an 80+ (84.1) and not an 85. 😭

10186126_1.jpg.a7f7687383d274f4ec33b0db25778d27.jpg

10186126_2.jpg.4b1a6a682c27a8971b579b72d584e830.jpg

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Tanooki said:

You know it's funny I mention it's been a slim couple of weeks or more, flea is like dead dead and not worth checking anymore weekly, maybe monthly... and then well, this happens.

Along my street there were signs out for 2 community wide yard sales so I was like...yeah sure it's close.  They've been weak the last few years too with diminishing returns.  At first in my area before those, one guy had a sale, got that fold up 50~year old chess/checkers set for a dollar.

The first group sale was like a 1/4mi up the road, and strangely first house I found for a dollar those handheld games.  Hangman is a car toy for my kid, and the peg game too stays in the car.  JP though strangely is pretty decent, may go in the car, and the other the batteries blew including(barely starting) those inside.  Thankfully that weird MGA oddity works, and it's kind of fun too, and I guess rare as it isn't even on ebay and google is fairly dry too.  Then it went dry, but the last place I tried in this area... jackpot!  That NES for $15, and the 2 games $1 each.  I haven't picked up/seen a console in like 4-5 years.  I'll have to test it tomorrow/during the week.

Anyone know where to get a new shell for it??  The corner is cracked in front.

Then I went off to the next one a mile further down the road.  Amazingly, the first place I spot had this huge rack of what looked like movies...well, it was, but not entirely.  Couple boxes on the ground had skylanders, and lame 360, then I start to see white cases...Wii white cases.  I was surprised to see Mario Galaxy 2 really fast...yay.  I ask, they wanted just $1 a piece?!  I grabbed all those, and that wasn't all, I left about a 1/3 of it some kid stuff, lego stuff, a few other odds and ends, and just gave her $20.

By my count, $39 day.   Very happy to own Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Little King's Story again, Trauma Center I've always wanted to play, and that's both, and Sega Bass Fishing another DC port is a solid fun game.

The rest I have a couple things going to a friend in trade, the rest I'd be fine trading/selling if anyone cares to be open about it.  Most the discs are light scuffs or so, a few mostly clean, a few are scratched up some good bit with a few deeper but all played/tested to work.

commyardsales-sept1121.jpg

Dude, that's actually a dope Wii lot. I feel like every time I've gotten Wii games this summer it's always the worst of the worst. Strictly Zumba, Wii Fit, and Carnival Games. Although I can't complain since last year I got a Wii lot that had FE, Pokepark 1&2, Data East Collection and some other dank titles but paid the high yard sale going rate of $5 each 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Dude, that's actually a dope Wii lot. I feel like every time I've gotten Wii games this summer it's always the worst of the worst. Strictly Zumba, Wii Fit, and Carnival Games. Although I can't complain since last year I got a Wii lot that had FE, Pokepark 1&2, Data East Collection and some other dank titles but paid the high yard sale going rate of $5 each 🤷‍♂️

Yeah it's pretty solid, I mean if I had hundreds less points of distraction I'd keep the lot of it, but I can't see getting to them and my kid won't touch the stuff either.  I've earlier ago taken images of the mess of those games I didn't intend to keep.  They'll make good trade fodder I hope.  The only thing I would have been happier with, had Dragon Quest Swords been there. 🙂

53 minutes ago, obnoxious said:

I decided to start my collection and got me this NES for $66 on eBay.

Seems to be in good shape, it's the usual "have been sitting in a box in my garage for the past few decades."

Doesn't have the Zapper but I have a generic one that will do just fine.

ness-l1601.jpg

ness-l1600.jpg

Nice 🙂

Now show us some games!!

• Like 1

Got this just in time for the GameCube's Japanese 20th Anniversary on September 14:

japluigismansion.jpg.579a09226596d23d755d942280ebf223.jpg

japluigismansionscreen.jpg.093503a6cf378336c0de8995cd5dff9f.jpg

I also have a Luigi's Mansion Wallpaper set as my Computer's desktop background:

luigismansiondesktopbackground.jpg.a2f7e4572c4428925f7f39f90113a8e9.jpg

This Wallpaper could be downloaded on the American Luigi's Mansion website as a reward for beating the Poltercue Flash Game seen here in this video of mine:

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Wow that's one weird Nintendo clone, can't decide if it's an old one or a top loader almost. 😛

I couldn't even find the maker anywhere in it. Funny thing is that I grew up thinking it was original, while it was stored somewhere. When I found it was a big deception and it's not even working, just gives a black screen.

• Sad 2