IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Mario Bros

BeaIank

27 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Well, we don't have to worry about you since you claimed you were going to retire. It's just going to be as a loser.

No claim.  It's a fact.  You can only play Mario Bros. at all so many times.  Here's a new one.  If at least 50% of the games next year are new to the tournament season, I'll come back for one more year.  With all the new games, I'll have to defend my...ah crap...how many titles will that be?

Edited by bertsampson

2 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

You're not going to stop fishing for a rule change to get that first real win. It's sad really, but it just proves what I always thought. 

I don't like to fish.  Other than the beer drinking, which I'd much rather do anywhere else, fishing is boring as it gets.  Rather go back to watching paint dry.  Real wins come when you win.  Tiebreakers are made to determine the Winner.

17 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

No claim.  It's a fact.  You can only play Mario Bros. at all so many times.  Here's a new one.  If at least 50% of the games next year are new to the tournament, I'll come back for one more year.  With all the new games, I'll have to defend my...ah crap...how many titles will that be?

Has next years schedule been posted somewhere? 

30 minutes ago, guillavoie said:

No worry here buddy, we won't change rules. This week is officially broken anyway.

Well, since it's a marathon already and @Gloves does marathons for charity, let's make this interesting. For every loop of the score, I'll donate $50. We have two on the board and I'll make it three. As an added incentive, if 5 or more players loop the score, I'll make a special donation for everyone!

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Like 2

Yeah, I did that farming icicles crap for a hot minute and I'm done. Done with looking at that screen for life. The one thing that was making me want to play was doug's donations. So I gave 50 bucks of my own to even it out. Glovesies old power-pack came in the mail, so I'll be exploring that. Good luck to those still plumbing.  

Screenshot_20200612-215711_Chrome.jpg

20200612_172827.jpg

• Like 1

Phase 30 - 999,990 (Rolled score) 

IMG_20200612_222518.thumb.jpg.8c9b70fbf1eba04e1747a82e029f36f0.jpg

Before roll

IMG_20200612_222557.thumb.jpg.dce9f14b940244551e0aff7e08687bba.jpg

After roll

IMG_20200612_222613.thumb.jpg.ac4bdd9dbbb6020ca10e1f7c90e2242c.jpg

Phase 30

Well, that's two weeks in a row for rolling the score (not counting the break week). This took me 4.5 hours after reaching level 29 so probably 5 hours in total. 

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Well, that makes 4 out of 5. Only one more before Sunday for the special donation!

There you go. Now it's up to you to close it out. 

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

1 hour ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

Well, that's two weeks in a row for rolling the score (not counting the break week). This took me 4.5 hours after reaching level 29 so probably 5 hours in total. 

There you go. Now it's up to you to close it out. 

I'll have mine done for sure tomorrow. It's great to see so many rolled scores, I feel bad that I had to limit the donations to 5! Great job!

4 hours ago, skinnygrinny said:

briguy sited!

Lol, I love it when shit gets real in the weekly contests. You guys got some serious competition on your hands too with this guy @0xDEAFC0DE. I played the gameboy contests with him he's no joke. I think he's gonna pull a @Red this season and give all you guys a mushroom stamp.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, BriGuy82 said:

Lol, I love it when shit gets real in the weekly contests. You guys got some serious competition on your hands too with this guy @0xDEAFC0DE. I played the gameboy contests with him he's no joke. I think he's gonna pull a @Red this season and give all you guys a mushroom stamp.

When 5 players already rolled the score when it takes over five hours to do, there's no easy wins around here.

• Like 1