IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Mario Bros

BeaIank

Graphics Team · Posted

This week's contest compelled me to play some Mario Bros, too - but I've only got the GBA version so I can't officially participate. It's left me a bit confused, though - I've been having a lot of fun with the GBA port, but you've all been saying the NES game is boring. Is that just because you're all farming for points, or is the NES port just mediocre? (I've been on the hunt for a copy, but maybe I should reconsider haha).

-CasualCart

1667015328_CasualCartMarioBrosGBA.jpg.3250e2e248812e0dbf1c724d2b86d1b5.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bertsampson said:

Actually no.  You can literally stand in one spot and never get hit.  Of course if you want to score points, you have to move..

Misunderstanding. No, you don’t even have to move to score points in this spot. Just jump and you’ll never get hit as far as I can tell so far. 

16 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Great job! How long did it take you? 

Thanks! Actual play time was probably 5 - 6 hours. I did it over a longer period than that due to taking breaks. There were times where playing became surreal and it was more like I was just watching it happen 😄 The entire run was completed today. Safe to say I'll not be doing that again any time soon!

12 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Wow. This is going to be the first time that Ninji's gotten the first place spot, right? But he'll have to share it with three or four other players.

Yep. The best I've ever done before this was 2nd place to bertsampson playing Breakthru, probably in 2015. 

2 minutes ago, ninjistar said:

Thanks! Actual play time was probably 5 - 6 hours. I did it over a longer period than that due to taking breaks. There were times where playing became surreal and it was more like I was just watching it happen 😄 The entire run was completed today. Safe to say I'll not be doing that again any time soon!

Well, at least I'm on roughly the same pace then. I put in about 3 1/2 hours in my 700k run not counting the two breaks I took at 250k and 500k.

1 hour ago, mbd39 said:

Wow. This is going to be the first time that Ninji's gotten the first place spot, right? But he'll have to share it with three or four other players.

Share or not its a legit first. Had to roll the freaking score! And 5-6 hours of this? I'm about to play for an hour and cringing. Earned it @ninjistar

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1