IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Mario Bros

BeaIank

Just now, bertsampson said:

Oh, of course.  You could roll the score again if you like.  Rolling the score gives you "max points" as per the rules, so roll it three or four times!

Nah. 20 Phases worth of score padding will give me the best overall score by far even though you get credited with another tie win since that's your thing now.

Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

I wouldn't be surprised if you rolled the score twice on Phase one just to get a better score than me, but your losing streak is pretty long now, so you might be used to it.

Yeah, I am used to setting the bar and then having a sniper come in at the last minute.  That's perfectly fine.  I will be posting winning scores here on out.

Just now, bertsampson said:

Yeah, I am used to setting the bar and then having a sniper come in at the last minute.  That's perfectly fine.  I will be posting winning scores here on out.

Posting winning scores when you don't have to beat me is also your thing. I haven't worried about snipers in the 8 years that I've been playing. Just put up a winning score the first time and it will hold up.

Posting winning scores when you don't have to beat me is also your thing. I haven't worried about snipers in the 8 years that I've been playing. Just put up a winning score the first time and it will hold up.

Right, like your piddly 250k, or your TMNT III losing score...

Pay attention, I got 700k yesterday and I'll roll this when I get back to it. I also have 3 outright wins next to your two tiebreaker wins.

Yes, I am paying attention.  I won't be posting scores like your 250k.  Only winning scores.  And you keep pointing out that you have 3 wins.  They seem very important to you.  Such a shame that you can't continue playing this season and will only have your 3 wins to look back on when you fail in the tournament.  Moot point as even if you were to continue playing you'd still only have 3 wins to comfort you.

3 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

Yes, I am paying attention.  I won't be posting scores like your 250k.  Only winning scores.  And you keep pointing out that you have 3 wins.  They seem very important to you.  Such a shame that you can't continue playing this season and will only have your 3 wins to look back on when you fail in the tournament.  Moot point as even if you were to continue playing you'd still only have 3 wins to comfort you.

Well it's going to be 4 wins after I roll the score and you will have a third tie win to comfort you. I'm only worried about one more win and that's in the finals of the tournament.

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm thinking of a way to make it worth the trouble for anyone that is able to put in the time to roll the score this week.

Lol you should have said I have an idea that will ruin NESfiend's currently wide open and enjoyable weekend

1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Well it's going to be 4 wins after I roll the score and you will have a third tie win to comfort you. I'm only worried about one more win and that's in the finals of the tournament.

You seem to be forgetting that I have 2 tiebreaker wins, not tie wins.  This week will not count as a win for anyone in my book.

1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Well if you want to try to roll the score, that is a possibility, but I'm going to try to make it worth the effort.

Your post about farming icicles from the P block had me interested because it sounds like you could do it without even being good enough to get to phase 30

Just now, NESfiend said:

Your post about farming icicles from the P block had me interested because it sounds like you could do it without even being good enough to get to phase 30

If you want to roll the score on Phase 9 when the icicles first appear (spoiler alert) just hide out on the POW block. You can even hit the red fireball from there without it ever getting close enough to be an issue.

23 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Even if you roll the score, you still need to make it to Phase 30 for the first place tie. You need to go easier on the weed and Bud Light man!

so rolling the score on p-1 then progressing to p-30 doesnt trump? 

Edited by skinnygrinny

1 minute ago, skinnygrinny said:

No. It's basically progression over score, but for the players that make it to Phase 30, high score wins. If anyone rolls the score and makes it to Phase 30 it's a tie. The rules are crazy, but anyone that spends 5 hours to roll the score deserves first place even though we all know I'll have the highest overall score at the end of the day.

4 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

Not the way the rules are written.  Rolling the score is as if the score stops at 999,990.  Otherwise you could roll the score all week, get to Phase 30, most rolls wins.  Ridiculous!