IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Mario Bros

BeaIank

12 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

whelp, i was at 700k+ and then we had a power flicker........fml.......fml.......fml......

We had bad storms here the other day that caused the power to cut out, so that was definitely in the back of my mind when I had the console on overnight at 700k. If that happened to me, something probably would have gotten broken. 

2 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

When 5 players already rolled the score when it takes over five hours to do, there's no easy wins around here.

I know you guys are all killing it.  Imagine if the father of this game @rdrunner got in on this... it would be like nwc 2020 up in here. 

Edited by BriGuy82

1 minute ago, BriGuy82 said:

I know you guys are all killing it.  Imagine if the father of this game @rdrunner got in on this... it would be like nwc 2020 up in here. 

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Top 8 this week are all tied for first with rollover scores. I'm sure Tom would have added another one to the total.

Just now, Jeevan said:

should i try it, will i get the first place points if i do?????    how do ties work?

I really dont wanna farm right now, but nothing else going on besides some alcoholic beverages.........

It says every player that rolls the score and makes it to Phase 30 will be tied for first place. I doubt there's going to be a tiebreaker for earliest rollover or anything at this point.

Events Helper · Posted
5 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

It says every player that rolls the score and makes it to Phase 30 will be tied for first place. I doubt there's going to be a tiebreaker for earliest rollover or anything at this point.

i just didn't know how a tie worked etc.

Just now, Jeevan said:

i just didn't know how a tie worked etc.

I think I'm the only one out of the 5 that rolled the score before Phase 29, so even if there was a tiebreaker, the other four players would still be tied. If you're looking for something to do and have the time, you might as well go for a first place score.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeevan said:

whelp, i was at 700k+ and then we had a power flicker........fml.......fml.......fml......

You didn't take any pictures during progress? I would stop to snap a photo every once in a while. It was also an excuse to take a small break from staring at the screen. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ninjistar said:

You didn't take any pictures during progress? I would stop to snap a photo every once in a while. It was also an excuse to take a small break from staring at the screen. 

I'm surprised that five players already rolled the score. Honestly, I thought me and @bertsampson would be the only ones crazy enough to spend five and a half hours doing it. 

• Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
5 minutes ago, ninjistar said:

no, but if i do it again i will for sure...................

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Since progress beats score, you can probably get a Phase 30 run in about a half hour, so you might want to do that first just to have a backup.

i started, on phase 9 right now farming a bit, will get further and snap a pic in case lol.  The winds aren't bad today so hopefully i will be good, pretty sure that is what caused it last time........

Just now, Jeevan said:

i started, on phase 9 right now farming a bit, will get further and snap a pic in case lol.  The winds aren't bad today so hopefully i will be good, pretty sure that is what caused it last time........

I actually rolled the score on Phase 9 just to be safe. The first time when I tried to do it on Phase 29, I missed an icicle and it froze the middle platform so they quit reappearing and I got stuck with a 700k score.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeevan said:

also, u thought 1 time was bad.........think of me while i go through a second run     🤣

I did have to do it twice, but the first one was because of my own mistake which may be even worse than a power outage since at least that's not your fault. I spent 3 and a half hours on a run that I had to do over because I messed up.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
2 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I actually rolled the score on Phase 9 just to be safe. The first time when I tried to do it on Phase 29, I missed an icicle and it froze the middle platform so they quit reappearing and I got stuck with a 700k score.

my thought is to get high score early.........so ya, that is the plan most likely

2 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Since progress beats score, you can probably get a Phase 30 run in about a half hour, so you might want to do that first just to have a backup.

This was what I originally was planning on doing. But I made it to phase 29 and realized I may as well just farm there since there wasn't much risk of game overing. 

Also there's no reason to farm on phase 9 unless you are confident you can get to 30 with out game overing. You don't want to farm for 5 hours then lose the run. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Were you just down to one enemy? I missed many icicles and never had that happen

1 minute ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

This was what I originally was planning on doing. But I made it to phase 29 and realized I may as well just farm there since there wasn't much risk of game overing. 

Also there's no reason to farm on phase 9 unless you are confident you can get to 30 with out game overing. You don't want to farm for 5 hours then lose the run. 

That crossed my mind too, but I didn't have much doubt that I'd be able to close it out.