IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Mario Bros

BeaIank

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'd say SMB, Excitebike and Kung Fu are easily my top 3. 

I'm a cart collector, but have some CIB versions of my favorite games on display. Those 3 are the only black box games that made the display. Id probably add wild gunman but I don't have it complete 

Just now, NESfiend said:

I'm a cart collector, but have some CIB versions of my favorite games on display. Those 3 are the only black box games that made the display. Id probably add wild gunman but I don't have it complete 

I've got a CIB sticker seal SMB and Kung Fu, but I still need to get an Excitebike. I should have picked up a gloss sticker when I had the chance instead of trying to wait on a matte sticker.

6 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

There's a picture of the 5 games I've got on my display from the other thread.

0605201103.thumb.jpg.d0800c2d120ff0ac186b3f401c1deaa9.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Good start to a retirement plan the way prices are going with that stuff

If I saved my games as a kid in 1987 it would basically look like that picture. I never owned a copy of Legend of Zelda though, only rented it. I got Adventure of Link for Christmas the next year.

8 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

New score P=21 (184,140). I should be able to get to phase 30. I was generally cruising 20200614_152848.thumb.jpg.7dd783f4505adafba2f72bc4499d2d5f.jpgthrough, but lost two lives farming on phase 9. That shit is maddening. Crazy all you guys rolled it. 

I assume it was basically because the five of us that rolled it are crazy.

Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

I guess I know I'm old when it's a struggle to play the same game for 5 hours straight. When I was a kid, that was just an average Saturday.

There are some games such as Tetris that I can still put some time into.

Mario Bros isn't one of them.

Just now, mbd39 said:

There are some games such as Tetris that I can still put some time into.

Mario Bros isn't one of them.

I can't imagine wanting to play anything 5+ hours straight at this point. I guess when I was a kid renting a NES game I really wanted to get my $3 worth for the weekend.

2 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I can't imagine wanting to play anything 5+ hours straight at this point. I guess when I was a kid renting a NES game I really wanted to get my $3 worth for the weekend.

Lol you did it this week and had other long runs. I was doing it until I had a kid. 

Events Helper · Posted
12 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

How's it going so far? You still have all day left, so you can do it!

updated, with roll and phase 30.........never again ✊   

I was falling asleep when i got to 900k........had to smack a bitch up so i could perk up a lil 🤣

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Great job! Trust me, I'm in no hurry to play this one again either.

After all my bitching about the game, I was starting to enjoy it once I went back to just playing rather than trying to farm. Hoping I get time for another run, but it don't look good

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

After all my bitching about the game, I was starting to enjoy it once I went back to just playing rather than trying to farm. Hoping I get time for another run, but it don't look good

It's not bad when you're just playing normally. It's the hours of point pressing that gets tedious.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ninjistar said:

I'm surprised you didn't get shamed much more for this 😄 Perhaps it's because folks aren't enjoying this game much - and also that you posted it in the wrong thread first 😉 

I made sure to tell him he needed to post a real score, but I don't remember which thread it was in either! 😂

52 minutes ago, ninjistar said:

I'm surprised you didn't get shamed much more for this 😄 Perhaps it's because folks aren't enjoying this game much - and also that you posted it in the wrong thread first 😉 

it was the best i could do..... 😁

38 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I made sure to tell him he needed to post a real score, but I don't remember which thread it was in either! 😂