IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Mario Bros

BeaIank

2 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

No. It's basically progression over score, but for the players that make it to Phase 30, high score wins. If anyone rolls the score and makes it to Phase 30 it's a tie. The rules are crazy, but anyone that spends 5 hours to roll the score deserves first place even though we all know I'll have the highest overall score at the end of the day.

How's that now?  You couldn't score the most points if it meant being the one man in a Hooters orgy!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

Not the way the rules are written.  Rolling the score is as if the score stops at 999,990.  Otherwise you could roll the score all week, get to Phase 30, most rolls wins.  Ridiculous!

ya but if the rule is score max at 999,990 then getting that in p-1 and progressing to p-30 should trump max score p-2 progress p-30...? right?

Just now, bertsampson said:

How's that now?  You couldn't score the most points if it meant being the one man in a Hooters orgy!

Ask @gutsman004 since that was before your time. We can't let you in. Senior citizens get overwhelmed. Just like you do when you have to play anyone that can compete with you.

Events Team · Posted
7 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

ya but if the rule is score max at 999,990 then getting that in p-1 and progressing to p-30 should trump max score p-2 progress p-30...? right?

No, it doesn't.
And I am almost feeling like being evil here and making it so that if you max before phase 29, you must stop there.
And thus one would lose for maxing the score before phase 29 because we favour progress.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

No, it doesn't.
And I am almost feeling like being evil here and making it so that if you max before phase 29, you must stop there.
And thus one would lose for maxing the score before phase 29 because we favour progress.

then i will start farming on the last phase though...

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, skinnygrinny said:

then i will start farming on the last phase though...

You should because no one rolled the score before phase 29 so far so... I have the margin to still introduce the following rule before the end of the day:
"If you roll the score, you must stop playing on the start of the next phase. That phase will be your max progression for that attempt. Eg. If you loop the score on phase 10, you will have to stop playing on phase 11 and take your picture."

You all don't want me to do that.

Just now, BeaIank said:

You should because no one rolled the score before phase 29 so far so... I have the margin to still introduce the following rule before the end of the day:
"If you roll the score, you must stop playing on the start of the next phase. That phase will be your max progression for that attempt. Eg. If you loop the score on phase 10, you will have to stop playing on phase 11 and take your picture."

I'm fine with the rules as is at this at this point and I've got a Phase 9 rollover as soon as I finish it.

6 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

Do it, do it!  Nah, you ain't evil...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Why, did you keep that Phase 1 game on pause just in case?

Well, I think Bea means that you would need to be careful not to max the score before Phase 30, and highest score on Phase 30 would be first place.  So, my Phase 1 score roll would be the worst you can do with the highest possible score.

Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

It's pretty bad when you are begging for a Friday night rule change to try and get an outright win. You used to be good.

Lol, I used to be good.  Mario Bros. as the rules stand has no one getting an outright win.  Ninji and I are already tied.  Wanting a rule change to possibly have another shot at an outright win doesn't sound like a cry from a person that is no longer good.

Just now, bertsampson said:

Well, I think Bea means that you would need to be careful not to max the score before Phase 30, and highest score on Phase 30 would be first place.  So, my Phase 1 score roll would be the worst you can do with the highest possible score.

Anybody that puts in 5 hours to roll the score and makes it to Phase 30 deserves a first place tie in my opinion and I'll leave it at that.