IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Last Sunday storm hit so bad it took power out until wednesday late afternoon and my net is still toast, line was torn to the ground.  I’m on my phone with an apple Bluetooth keyboard here which sucks.

That said anyway a few days ago to get away from no ac and no power I hit the store up the street and to my amazement I found not just two guides I needed, but one I’ve had on a ebay watch list since early March — Secret of Evermore, the other the GBA original Pokémon mystery dungeon guide, got both for $30 which is a score for me.

Today I also paid the same, got a nice clean copy of GBA Zelda 2 and GB Solar Striker I’ve been having fun with a bit so far.  I’m trying to painfully grind power levels before playing even dungeon one on that this go around to do it different.  Up to Lv3 on sword and life, 2 on magic, got a container, and first two spells too.

I have a pic of the guides, but too big for the site, maybe another day.  They’re being lazy turds at the company about restoring service to the neighborhood.

• Like 2

I mentioned earlier this year that I have a second game room, because my other game room is pretty much full. However, I needed to take a break from collecting physical games or other items because I needed to do some organizing. I did some organizing recently in my second game room (rearranged furniture, added a shelf, etc.), and am able to buy physical games and gaming-related goodies again. I also continue to download some games.

image.jpeg.e0991bcb74e81f9e4c4823afe4398a40.jpeg

image.jpeg.a4787b445e801d9125838489b9ff8534.jpeg

Got The (New) Super Mario Bros. Movie on 4K, a Mega Man Controller Holder (can also be used with TV Remotes and Smartphones), and Sonic Origins Plus premium physical edition on Switch. Sonic Origins Plus includes an artbook and a reversible cover, in addition to a physical copy of the compilation.

image.jpeg.38f8fd89fd0f651fa06a960beba60559.jpeg

While most of Namco's/Bandai Namco's "Arrangement" games have gotten home releases (Pac-Man, Galaga, Dig Dug, and Xevious Arrangement), Mappy Arrangement has yet to receive a home release. So I downloaded Mappy Arrangement NES Edition, a modified version of Famicom Mappy that changes the graphics and appearances of the characters to resemble Mappy Arrangement from Namco Classic Collection Vol. 1.

image.jpeg.ac1b4ce1eff68c34a415fdeb445a2592.jpeg

image.jpeg.4c315a989640c82fdbc2c32648e331c6.jpeg

Downloaded Mega Man 2.5D.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 9

I don't want to take a single pic for this, but I had a large bit of my day out with my daughter, and afterword heading home I hadn't seen half price in a week and a half with all the bs going on and no power/net.  I made a deal let me go in there, I'll let you check out the animals at the pet store.  Games, movies, manga...nothing.  But two long time hopes popped up in the soundtrack area, the 2 Indiana Jones movies I didn't have a CD for Temple of Doom and Last Crusade were there which I was super happy about.  I then about to leave looked up at the featured facing rack over, and boom...Japanese import Naruto cd(ignored) but next to it the Final Fantasy IX Soundtrack Plus for $20...yoink!  Been wanting that for a bit but didn't want to eat the import price/shipping.

They're all MP3d on my iphone now. 😄

• Like 3

A bit late with this one (I got it at launch but wasn't going to post the one item), but I was lucky enough to get a Tears of the Kingdom CE at retail and one for my sister. In the weeks leading up to the release, I decided to finally play Breath of the Wild and beat that one, but in doing so, made myself 'Zelda'd out', so it might be a while before I get to this new one, lol.

bujgIk36T_eTn6dZWsJSVw.jpg.4c210520a6e465f08ad4a2de625983c9.jpg

I got SFVI at launch too and ordered the steelbook (I was really annoyed the CE didn't come with one) and have been playing it pretty consistently; I LOVE the career mode and going around Metro City...it's actually rather addictive tbh.

The FFXVI showed up and I dropped everything to play that. It took me about a week, but I beat it a little bit ago and I loved the game...it really renewed my faith in the franchise. I'm going to let it breath before I dive in for a second time with New Game +.

Then, last Friday, four games showed up from VGP: I had to get the RXR HD Collection, Gal Guardians looked like an awesome Castlevania inspired title with clever mechanics, Shikhondo seems like an interesting shooter, and Front Mission...well, is Front Mission which is awesome (very excited to fire this up!).

16YTdYaySgGVITrvh4RnaA.jpg.76a835c6a5c3eca2f72a44f61b51057e.jpg

Working on some more imports next, and one bigger (but obscure) SNES title, so until then, I hope everyone finds what they're looking for!

• Like 11

So had some time yesterday and this happened, well most of this, I decided since I didn't do a picture and it was next to this stuff I threw in the Indiana Jones an FF9 CDs I mentioned.

I had a little bit of time, and I checked half price(further) and to my surprise for once I saw all 11 of the Zelda manga, not just 1-3 random books for $5/ea so now I've got it all.  I really wish someone would translate Wind Waker.  They also had that sweet Thundarr DVD set ($10), awesome 1980-81 cartoon I liked as a kid, and then when Cartoon Network actually ran cartoons, not modern filler.  Then found the Aggrestsuko too for $2 which surprisingly is a steal.

zelatpmanga-indyffcds.JPG.7cf134ebe2c3b0583876283431a60343.JPG

• Like 7
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 2

Just in time for the weekend, the J-Saturn odyssey continues! This time, it's particularly special because @Brickman hooked me up with beautiful copies of Cotton 2 and Sonic Wings Special! Brickman was gracious enough to reach out with some offers to help me along on this Saturn journey, which I greatly appreciate 🙂

I'm planning to play some of the games on my list this weekend to try to start catching up on the Backlog Challenge, but I'll be sneaking in some shoot 'em up sessions for sure 😉

NXyXa7n_SfO1DW9NDcSCsQ.jpg.dcd600092022a0045118ebceb7083c03.jpg

Have a wonderful weekend, everybody!

• Like 10
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Renmauzo said:

Just in time for the weekend, the J-Saturn odyssey continues! This time, it's particularly special because @Brickman hooked me up with beautiful copies of Cotton 2 and Sonic Wings Special! Brickman was gracious enough to reach out with some offers to help me along on this Saturn journey, which I greatly appreciate 🙂

I'm planning to play some of the games on my list this weekend to try to start catching up on the Backlog Challenge, but I'll be sneaking in some shoot 'em up sessions for sure 😉

NXyXa7n_SfO1DW9NDcSCsQ.jpg.dcd600092022a0045118ebceb7083c03.jpg

Have a wonderful weekend, everybody!

Wow that was very quick to arrive. Great to see they arrived safely 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

image.jpeg.7f51a34c5ec885b178e19dda7276a082.jpeg

Got Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe. Played and beat the demo of it (from the eShop) earlier this year.

image.jpeg.7a1cda4f0a875ed4c4c9fe6b0480eade.jpeg

image.jpeg.d7be5af591ed2723233c4a852c40e7c8.jpeg

image.jpeg.d5b0e1e3083a298c8c3708efd5c96b91.jpeg

This was a pre-order bonus for Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection, and is now available as paid DLC. It gives MegaMan.EXE a new skin (HubStyle) on the menu, and adds two music tracks to the music player. There's also one for Vol. 2.

image.jpeg.1ab400ec7b1ba9b9f4b4ba34e58561a9.jpeg

So I mentioned a little over a month ago that I bought a Summer Fun Pass at Chuck E. Cheese during the pre-sale. I went back recently and got my Summer Fun Pass Lanyard. I've had an All You Can Play card and Play Band for almost a year now, so I was told that they could put half an hour on either one for playing the games (the half hour is part of the pass). I'll have to wear this Lanyard each time I visit during the Summer (so they know I bought the pass), then they'll put half an hour on either my card or band. If I decide not to buy pizza or any other food there, then this pass basically allows me to go to Chuck E. Cheese for free during the Summer. If I do decide to buy a meal, I still save a little money because I don't have to pay to play the games until the pass expires (it's good for another seven or eight weeks).

image.jpeg.76cf1e1be0ecc1f94306d4bc9251ba81.jpeg

This is Chuck E. Cheese's special for this Summer: "Dippin' Dots Summer Crunch" ice cream. I saw a sign on top of their ice cream freezer advertising this, and decided to buy some. It's two flavors in one: cotton candy and cookies & cream. Tasted pretty good (especially the cookies & cream).

image.jpeg.0644f439349931a6600daa7ef93c550a.jpeg

image.jpeg.919660b31a94b34d9f285302de5389ea.jpeg

Got a Mr. Munch cup. I've already got Chuck E. and Jasper cups, so I just need the Helen Henny and Pasqually cups then I'll have a complete set.

image.jpeg.b11fb97a8728caeeb32777784033f806.jpeg

I also downloaded Chuck E. Cheese Racing World on the Apple Store. This game was released a few years ago, but was updated recently with more tracks and vehicles because Chuck E. Cheese has collaborated with Hendrick Motorsports.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 7
  • Love 1