IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

I took three days off of work, which I haven't been able to do in a while. I don't plan to do anything important, so I bought a Wii with a bunch of controllers and my favourite baseball game. I'll likely spend two hours customizing a team before I play a single inning, which is the kind of waste of time I'm going to really enjoy this week.

The guy at the store was surprised that I wanted Wii Remote jackets, and had to go searching for them. 

WiiStartUpKit.png.c63a2c2e156bc4bf557fe7448bb3051a.png

Edited by SailingWiimote
  • Like 6

I mentioned two or three months ago that my game room is pretty much full, and that I was thinking about turning another room in my house into a game room. Maybe some of you have noticed that some of my pictures show a desk, and others show a table. For a little while now, I've had two game rooms. However, I need to work on the new game room like adding and rearranging furniture and figuring out exactly where I want to put future additions to my collection of physical games.

So I'm currently taking a break from collecting physical games, but continue to get related items and downloadable games.

image.jpeg.1240b5df533f8d7131fc4e1ee062f1cd.jpeg

I went to McDonald's to grab a quick bite to eat. I rarely go to McDonald's, but I've bought some of their more recent game-related Happy Meals (Mario, Pokémon). I browsed the Internet and noticed last month that they had Just Dance Happy Meals, but didn't think much of it since I don't care much for Just Dance. I went to McDonald's this afternoon to get a small, quick meal (I felt like getting fast food for a change, since I almost always eat healthy food) and noticed they still had the Just Dance Happy Meals. So, I took home some goodies with me.

image.jpeg.99683c38c88b38322d2125d895cfabc3.jpeg

image.jpeg.2777d7bc21dda5999b70fedae3a1ed18.jpeg

Downloaded Mega Man: The Sequel Wars, which contains a remake of Mega Man 4 (and will also contain remakes of Mega Man 5 and 6) with updated graphics and audio like Mega Man: The Wily Wars. It has options for modern and Wily Wars style soundtracks, has some new music, Protoman and Roll are playable, the difficulty can be changed, and other features were added. If this and the Mega Man 5 and 6 remakes are released on one cartridge, or multiple cartridges, I'll definitely buy it/them.

image.jpeg.14af2d4d52a41f1b359d22c12a9c2893.jpeg

image.jpeg.ed9a41a490344fa1c5e1fdfe5bca9ab1.jpeg

image.jpeg.409f616f75c23fbb02446c7c63fdb7a6.jpeg

Also got Sonic 3D Blast: Director's Cut. This was released a few years ago by Jon Burton, who created the original Sonic 3D Blast. Director's Cut adds features and makes improvements to the original version, such as a password save feature, a map screen, Level Editor, better controls, and even Super Sonic. There's also an option to just play the original version of the game.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 5

Just picked this up. It's an English copy of Binary Monster 2, and unlicensed game for the Gameboy Color. The seller listed it as broken, however the cart works fine. The thing about unlicensed Gameboy products is a lot of them have custom boot logos, replacing the Nintendo text that normally appears when you boot them. Nintendo caught onto this, making it so that later models of Gameboy Advance would lockout custom boot logos. This worked for some games (like this one), but it does not stop all of them. Some games will automatically mask the boot logo with the Nintendo one if they are going to get locked out, but if you have a cart that does not do that you can insert it into a cheat cart to mask the boot logo. Not all cheat carts can do this though, my Gameshark just displays the boot logo of whatever cart I put in it

Cart.jpeg

Title Screen.jpeg

Boot Logo.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Wow! 1

Administrator · Posted
12 minutes ago, Ankos said:

Just picked this up. It's an English copy of Binary Monster 2, and unlicensed game for the Gameboy Color. The seller listed it as broken, however the cart works fine. The thing about unlicensed Gameboy products is a lot of them have custom boot logos, replacing the Nintendo text that normally appears when you boot them. Nintendo caught onto this, making it so that later models of Gameboy Advance would lockout custom boot logos. This worked for some games (like this one), but it does not stop all of them. Some games will automatically mask the boot logo with the Nintendo one if they are going to get locked out, but if you have a cart that does not do that you can insert it into a cheat cart to mask the boot logo. Not all cheat carts can do this though, my Gameshark just displays the boot logo of whatever cart I put in it

Cart.jpeg

Title Screen.jpeg

Boot Logo.jpeg

"Adventure of Hell". 

I love it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ankos said:

Cart.jpeg

Title Screen.jpeg

Boot Logo.jpeg

Very cool! And thanks for sharing the that bit of interesting info about the boot screens.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I could only hope to ever find that cart nice move on finding a broken not broken one.

This is the first functioning English Gowin cart I've been able to get. I think there is a Chinese cart on Xianyu right now. If you want to try messing around with agents I'd be happy to share the QR code for it

Just now, Ankos said:

This is the first functioning English Gowin cart I've been able to get. I think there is a Chinese cart on Xianyu right now. If you want to try messing around with agents I'd be happy to share the QR code for it

It's ok I don't have an account there otherwise I'd go for it, thanks though.  I don't have the ability to use/navigate that site like you or fcgamer would.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ankos said:

Cart.jpeg

Title Screen.jpeg

Boot Logo.jpeg

this was just an unknown.  very nice to see this.  now where did you find this????

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MegaMan52 said:

Yeah, I've noticed that with Rockman DX3/Zook Hero 2.

image.jpeg.b6d4ccb68c545343c7b23afe9a5d3f09.jpeg

image.jpeg.c5944d27508559111ff6c76ba41b4bb7.jpeg

This reminds me of another thing about custom boot logos, if the top half of the logo matches the normal Nintendo logo, then it displays without issue on all GBAs. That's why Gowin started using this one

Boot Logo 2.jpg