IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

53 minutes ago, JVOSS said:

o man all cibs  that Adams family looks very nice..

Yep it’s in pretty good condition.

For some reason this game always looks so beaten up when I see it come up.

I got it from a local guy, he also sold me the Initial D Gaiden and threw in a CIB Space Invaders which I actually didn’t have yet and that was in mint condition (forgot to take a picture of it). So I was pretty happy with that deal 🙂 

• Like 1

Well I guess I've forgotten to bring up anything of interest I dug up over the month of June so far.  First we start with the oldest.  There was this post online locally for $60 for a stack of movies, wanted a 1/3 of them, they were some choice anime and guy sold me for that much off so this stuff was $20.  If you know it, you know it, and this was a steal.

animeJune2023finds.jpg.989500545d7431a794e63ff6d1397c6d.jpg

And then back on the 10th there was a few neighborhood wide garage sales in an area I had a bit of time to go over, mostly a crap out, except this one home at one, and another home at another, and another.  The first had all those nice PC games, manuals, guides for $2.  Another area I got that badass cool spot(reverses to a basketball) with splinter there for 50 cents.  Saw this GC but I wasn't greedy, asked for a spare controller (as I have a spare black gc stored away) and got it for $5.  The badass little aerobee there was a dime, and the retro mag was a dollar.  The winner was that merchandising thermometer, that was just $10 which is a steal (and it works.)

june1023-garagesales.JPG.5ef02a98d241c514120c3ccd84673d2f.JPG

And then today went out of the county to save a lot on gas (we have crooks in this county) and hit the outdoor flea market.  One vendor had that 1999 Gremlins Gizmo Furby ($3) (he wasn't sure it worked it does) and another I got the Joe ($2).  A third was $20 but got the 2 NES games and that GBA cart.

Swung back to town because I knew half price was doing a 1/2 of movies sale, got Sky Crawlers at the further for $3.  Goodwill blew me away they had some of the heavies (I already had though, tipped a very very grateful friend off) and got those 2 games for $45 and they're spotless.  Then at the final half price I got Nadia ($25) and Tropic Thunder ($3) which I just finished watching.

Not imaged, since we shitcanned Disney+ months ago with a few other useless services, got a big stack of their classic and modern animated movies we were missing on blu ray, hook too a kids movie not disney, also a couple dvds  at half off which was insane.

jun1823finds.jpg.e767d8549377ec6ee9af9f5a12781738.jpg

• Like 11
  • Wow! 1

Various things that have arrived since my last post

5InSKQ2.jpg

Found out about this Pac Man x 7-Eleven collection and couldn't resist getting some new threads. I'm a sucker. 

qhbdoDa.jpg

Learned about this promotional thing via eBay and waited a while to nab one at a decent price. Here's what's inside: 

EDUAo0g.jpg

ELU308V.jpg

This ACNH guide took forever to finally get printed. I was sitting on my preorder for a long time. I don't even see myself going back to the game at this point. 

VdpQG2G.jpg

Various things that were on sale on Amazon. I didn't need them but the deals got me. 

jmva7zn.jpg

Finally scored a Korean Nintendogs. It's got some wear but it's the first time I've seen one at a decent price. 

igeBIyr.jpg

I still collect My Nintendo rewards. I'm still at a full set and chugging along. 

There's some other recent pickups that I didn't take pictures of, like the hardcover Breath of the Wild guide, and other stuff I'm forgetting. 

But this is the one big purchase I made recently: 

FW9TCWH.jpg

I could have had this for less if I had pulled the trigger a couple years ago. I paid the premium for waiting. This is the last big purchase that I felt FOMO about. Probably no more expensive purchases for me. I have it and I can stop thinking about it now. 

That's all until next time!

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 10
  • Love 1

In Japan at the moment! I've pretty much single handedly raised the GDP figures for this year by at least a couple points, most likely! 😆

IMG20230625205308.jpg.8e77bca6bd59e569d66140e94b7e6ab2.jpg

IMG20230625204312.jpg.1294fb74a487327d65c2701d07205737.jpg

Obviously, mainly focusing on my Mega Drive set, naturally, although I did strike off THREE more 32X games I needed which is HUGE movement on that set.

These 30 odd MD games now put me comfortably over 300 games for the set now, it still feels like a long road ahead, but this is amazing progress I'm pretty happy! 😄

Unfortunately we will be leaving in a few days, so I doubt I will be doing anymore game hunting, and I have spent a disgusting amount of money, so I think we'll call this good for now! 😅

• Like 8
  • Love 4

So I ended up doing a couple of those small flea markets across and south of town yesterday.  It was mostly a loss, but someone setup a spot wanting to offload a few of their old store merchandise stuffs of games, had quite a bit out but mostly commons so far.  Most the NES/SNES stuff was either $5 or $10 which is fine, but didn't see one at first that screamed at me.  Then then I found a $10 tag on F-117 Stealth Fighter for NES...wow.  That was a win as it appears it sells for twice that or a slight bit higher for a copy as clean as this one.

And going about as I had to loop around I went into a peddlers mall I haven't in awhile and wow... grabbed this strange toy and amazingly it's new old stock too.  It is or isn't a knockoff, maybe a regional release is more accurate of a toy from 40 years ago.  Runs on a couple batteries, has 2 different walking modes and a driving mode.  Robot Car here has a heat sealed bag there with the added truck parts, front grill, and the metallic claws and missiles all still on the tree.  It cost me $30 which was fine.  It sits on a shelf with my new first year tomy zoid that's new in the box from Japan and also from there a new Space Sheriff Sharivan too.

I'm torn on opening it up or leaving it alone. 😄  It's Made in Taiwan, but the manual is english/french which makes sense since the distributor I was able to dig up is from Ontario.

june2423fleafinds.jpg.e74c9b79c56514c5ce3269d040b71927.jpg

• Like 8
  • Love 1

On 6/25/2023 at 9:12 PM, OptOut said:

In Japan at the moment! I've pretty much single handedly raised the GDP figures for this year by at least a couple points, most likely! 😆

IMG20230625205308.jpg.8e77bca6bd59e569d66140e94b7e6ab2.jpg

IMG20230625204312.jpg.1294fb74a487327d65c2701d07205737.jpg

Obviously, mainly focusing on my Mega Drive set, naturally, although I did strike off THREE more 32X games I needed which is HUGE movement on that set.

These 30 odd MD games now put me comfortably over 300 games for the set now, it still feels like a long road ahead, but this is amazing progress I'm pretty happy! 😄

Unfortunately we will be leaving in a few days, so I doubt I will be doing anymore game hunting, and I have spent a disgusting amount of money, so I think we'll call this good for now! 😅

Okay, so I got another store in!

IMG20230626231140.jpg.f9649367bef23bd409ed56ac252530f8.jpg

Contra: Hard Corps... Need I say more? Not cheap, but an absolutely ESSENTIAL purchase.

I also got this, which I will have to do a FAR deeper dive into when I get back home:

IMG20230626231119.jpg.3b7683f107a695f6ee74a48016ec5807.jpg

Apparently this is a 2022 music album released by the German artist Remute on N64. It uses the inbuilt audio chip of the N64 as a synth to play the album, all native sounds from the system itself!

I am VERY excited to get this home and play it, as I had know IDEA it even existed until I spotted it in the bottom of one of the glass cases in Super Potato.

I will report back with more after I listen to it! 😉

• Like 7
  • Wow! 1