IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Mid-year catchup.  All the stuff, excluding a few dupes not shown, was picked up in the wild (garage sales and thrifts) so far this year. A few days early, but my accumulator box is full so here we go:

Hardware: Last thing I need is another Atari but I don't have this Sears box style and it was only $2.  Also didn't need another Wii but this one was only $10 and is preloaded with the Homebrew Channel and a bunch of emulators so will be fun to play with. Has the way-cool hand drawn case decorations, too. Also picked up this Xbox 360S to augment the OG system I got last year. All systems work and came with cords and controllers.

IMG_1670.JPG.fe54682d241a07b474b8efd5b1da8d36.JPG

I'm constantly amazed at the free stuff I find at garage sales. This 55" Samsung came with cords and remote and has a small overbright spot on the screen from some sort of impact but was free and complements the old CRT on my game wall (lousy image quality is my fault, not the TV's):

IMG_1667.JPG.06ae8e8ac865729d884de69b281d442e.JPG

And, finally, games. Xbox 360 games continue to be cheap and plentiful. Paid between 25cents and $3 for each of these, with an average of about $2.  Not many others: a few Wii and GameCube games, one PS2, a few 3DS, an older (sealed) PC game, and my first Switch game (even though I don't have a Switch yet, I'm sure they'll start turning up soon). They were all $1 apiece except the Switch Mana game ($5).

IMG_1669.JPG.303caa293d68877e352fe82682d70cd6.JPG

Looking forward to the 2nd half of the year.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Are they bad? I've dreamed of going to Japan someday and going to their stores.

No they're not bad, they have a great selection of amazing stuff. But, it's basically eBay prices, don't go there expecting to get any great deals.

It's very much a sort of "pick and choose" sort of store, not a "fill your basket" kinda place.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

Yen must be taking a hit.  I thought it was more like $487.  And also explains Optouts joke about college.

Yeah, yen is pretty low right now, thankfully!

I had a copy of this game in my online shopping basket for a while local here in Taiwan for a similar price, but it sold before I was ready to buy it.

Seeing this one staring me in the face felt like a second chance I couldn't pass up! 

• Like 1

I haven't had much activity collecting-wise, so these photos are pretty much everything new of note within the last couple of months:

Two more marquees to add to my arcade marquee collection. Out of all the Capcom Vs marquee artwork, I like XvSF the best. Virtua Racing is my favorite arcade racer, so I had to have that game represented. I have one empty marquee space left on my game room wall; I'm planning on adorning it with either an MK1 or MK2 marquee, assuming RetroWorldExpo continues their tradition of inviting back the Midway devs & MK digital models as guests. I'd love to get an autographed marquee.

image.jpeg.b18bb64b62b92b7836c7307a51eaceb4.jpeg

About a year and a half ago I got into LaserDisc emulation through Daphne which is when I learned about the game Thayer's Quest. Early 2000s Digital Leisure released a bunch of laserdisc games (Dragon's Lair, Mad Dog McCree) as interactive DVDs. Out of all those DVDs, Thayer's Quest is pretty damn rare and never got the plethora of modern console ports like the Dragon's Lair trilogy. I had a hard time finding good value info on the DVD; the only info I could find was that a copy sold in Great Britain for about $150 USD.

I set up an eBay search for this DVD back in spring 2022 and it didn't return a hit until March 2023 when someone put this copy up for a $75 BIN. Who knows when I'd see another copy pop up, so I snapped it up immediately.

Edit: Not even PriceCharting knows.

image.jpeg.eeae24330f2f737f9ce39462d9b6ade6.jpeg

Edited by Teh_Lurv
  • Like 8

Here's a pathetic addition to my collection.

I love Dragon's Dogma, it's one of my favorite games.  A few weeks ago when they showed the Dragon's Dogma II trailer I decided I'd waited long enough to get myself some shelf copies of Dragon's Dogma Online for PS4.  Literal shelf copies because it's all shut now.  So I poked around the internet, decided to order from amazon.co.jp and got all three volumes for PS4 for around $65 shipped, which is about what one alone goes for on eBay. 

So I'd been having some mail issues with the post office just leaving packages in my yard, thus feeding it to my dogs.  After some GI JOE's I'd order from Amazon had got eaten I went to the home improvement store and got the biggest mailbox I could buy and went to the post office and requested they not leave packages where the dogs could get them.  The new mailbox solved most of my post office problems, but you can see where this is going.  Apparently amazon.co.jp uses DHL or something and they don't use the mailbox, so guess what happened...

dragonsdisaster0.jpg.ad72a07ae38cbe7fb4718a4c753f8cd0.jpg

And here they are on a shelf...

dragonsdisaster.jpg.a75146010c51894eb5351dc06cce27af.jpg

Not something to be proud of.  I'll probably try ordering them again in a month or two.  Think I'll talk to a friend or my parents about shipping to their house instead.  Stupid dog.

• Sad 11

Social Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Jicsan said:

I love Dragon's Dogma, it's one of my favorite games.  A few weeks ago when they showed the Dragon's Dogma II trailer I decided I'd waited long enough to get myself some shelf copies of Dragon's Dogma Online for PS4.  Literal shelf copies because it's all shut now.  So I poked around the internet, decided to order from amazon.co.jp and got all three volumes for PS4 for around $65 shipped, which is about what one alone goes for on eBay. 

So I'd been having some mail issues with the post office just leaving packages in my yard, thus feeding it to my dogs.  After some GI JOE's I'd order from Amazon had got eaten I went to the home improvement store and got the biggest mailbox I could buy and went to the post office and requested they not leave packages where the dogs could get them.  The new mailbox solved most of my post office problems, but you can see where this is going.  Apparently amazon.co.jp uses DHL or something and they don't use the mailbox, so guess what happened...

Not something to be proud of.  I'll probably try ordering them again in a month or two.  Think I'll talk to a friend or my parents about shipping to their house instead.  Stupid dog.

P.O. Box might be a thing to look into.  UPS does something similar too and that avoids an issue of "no shipping to P.O. Boxes".  I know the Post Office really don't like things with fire hazard warning labels too so many lithium powered items are not suppose to be shipped to a P.O. Box.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

P.O. Box might be a thing to look into.  UPS does something similar too and that avoids an issue of "no shipping to P.O. Boxes".  I know the Post Office really don't like things with fire hazard warning labels too so many lithium powered items are not suppose to be shipped to a P.O. Box.

Yup, to reiterate what @FireHazard51 noted - you can rent UPS boxes for I believe $360 per year.

32 minutes ago, The Count said:

@Jicsan What kind of dogs do you have? Are they always outside?

IMG_1716.jpeg.1f4a38f96777a1c4e198fc0acd5f3484.jpeg

They’re 100% yard dogs. I live in northern Alabama, what “city folk” probably would probably call the sticks, but it’s not what I’d call the sticks. We have about 40 acres of pastures and fields so they got the run of the place.  They’re about a year old now, we got the German Shepard for my son’s Christmas last year.  She’s a good dog, the black one there my wife rescued from a coworker who got her for Christmas too, she was too much for the little old lady to manage.  She’s the bad dog that chews everything lol.  She even chewed the license plate off the back of our car once. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Social Team · Posted
11 minutes ago, Jicsan said:

IMG_1716.jpeg.1f4a38f96777a1c4e198fc0acd5f3484.jpeg

They’re 100% yard dogs. I live in northern Alabama, what “city folk” probably would probably call the sticks, but it’s not what I’d call the sticks. We have about 40 acres of pastures and fields so they got the run of the place.  They’re about a year old now, we got the German Shepard for my son’s Christmas last year.  She’s a good dog, the black one there my wife rescued from a coworker who got her for Christmas too, she was too much for the little old lady to manage.  She’s the bad dog that chews everything lol.  She even chewed the license plate off the back of our car once. 

I mean I can't blame the dogs when people stop by and give them a gift to unbox.  Unfortunately they seem to always forget to pack the gift/toy in the box they drop off 😏

• Haha 1

Some great pickups lately. I’m beyond happy to have found sk8 for the GBA and at an absolute steal of $60! This game is definitely in top 5 rarest CIB GBA retail games and probably even top 3. It could be rarer than a CIB Silent Scope imo.

A lot of other great games also. I’m looking forward to playing tomato adventure, I’ve heard that’s a pretty fun game from Alpha Dream.

FullSizeRender-compressed.jpeg.11da10dbee2944d25e3451c1d777f725.jpeg

Secondly, some solid titles knocked off the GB list. Chiki Chiki Machine Mou Race (Wacky Races) took me a while to find CIB in good condition at a decent price.

FullSizeRender(1)-compressed.jpeg.968a9bcc3fad131ec3b1c5d2c5807d2c.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Love 1

It's been a minute, but I was just slowly accumulating stuff at Tenso and the package showed up today!

I managed to source out some fantastic deals on a few of the last PCE CD games on my list (Download 2 was particularly elusive for me at a nice price) and Zero WIng was a 'right place, right time' affair for cheeeeeap. I'm looking forward to getting my ass kicked in these 3 (k, maybe not L-Dis, that should be at my level).

qqJyaCOETrSTefiGeHdEYg.jpg.010d2ae01a2f781b4ff3ebca0bbfbd14.jpg

The Sega Saturn import odyssey continues with another three. It was surprisingly difficult to source a complete (obi + insert/advert) copy of X3 and at a lower price point, but my patience paid off. I'm excited to play Sol Divide, and I am really intrigued by everything I've seen about Pu-Li-Ru-La. I managed to get it on the cheap by scoring the obi by itself, so all inserts + obi resulted in about 40% less then what I've been seeing it go for.

Wt3_tPD_Si-oofVhG2vYUA.jpg.46c5c9761d5ba17cd1a8a300585d3cdc.jpg

Lastly, I finally found a beautiful copy of Violinist of Hamelin! Really happy to add this super fun game into the mix 🙂 With regards to Gunner's Heaven, I'd seen some game play on it from a couple of different sources recently by happenstance, and it looked like my cup of tea, but finding it complete at a nice price was a challenge; again, patience won the day.

Then there's Radirgy. I've had my eyes on this one for a while, but it proved to be a tough game to track down. Then, as luck would have it, I came across a copy (finally) by chance that was mislabelled and got it for $150 CAD in pristine condition. That was pretty awesome, and I've been looking forward to playing this on GC for a long time.

CSGfvvqSQJiPw7HrJ0nRMw.jpg.499a82e726d272cca216ef54cbf0e65f.jpg

That's all the retro for me for a bit. Thanks, and I hope you all keep finding cool stuff!

• Like 10

On 6/27/2023 at 5:32 PM, Teh_Lurv said:

I haven't had much activity collecting-wise, so these photos are pretty much everything new of note within the last couple of months:

Two more marquees to add to my arcade marquee collection. Out of all the Capcom Vs marquee artwork, I like XvSF the best. Virtua Racing is my favorite arcade racer, so I had to have that game represented. I have one empty marquee space left on my game room wall; I'm planning on adorning it with either an MK1 or MK2 marquee, assuming RetroWorldExpo continues their tradition of inviting back the Midway devs & MK digital models as guests. I'd love to get an autographed marquee.

image.jpeg.b18bb64b62b92b7836c7307a51eaceb4.jpeg

About a year and a half ago I got into LaserDisc emulation through Daphne which is when I learned about the game Thayer's Quest. Early 2000s Digital Leisure released a bunch of laserdisc games (Dragon's Lair, Mad Dog McCree) as interactive DVDs. Out of all those DVDs, Thayer's Quest is pretty damn rare and never got the plethora of modern console ports like the Dragon's Lair trilogy. I had a hard time finding good value info on the DVD; the only info I could find was that a copy sold in Great Britain for about $150 USD.

I set up an eBay search for this DVD back in spring 2022 and it didn't return a hit until March 2023 when someone put this copy up for a $75 BIN. Who knows when I'd see another copy pop up, so I snapped it up immediately.

Edit: Not even PriceCharting knows.

image.jpeg.eeae24330f2f737f9ce39462d9b6ade6.jpeg

You can get the sequel Shadoan for cheep on eBay

On 6/28/2023 at 8:40 AM, Jicsan said:

You leave your dog outside when you're not home? What if it barks?