IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, Jicsan said:

IMG_2065.jpeg.d2d5c7993bc52d0984aa069e9765e5bd.jpeg

Finally got this in today, only sixteen months after paying for it. They did include an apology card with a code for $5 my next purchase. 

A $5 coupon isn't a valid apology, it's well under their margins, purely just to keep you buying. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Added a new figure today from Bayonetta (Scarborough Fair) and was happy to finally get something for the pink colored display that was of upper quality.

FxakiO7X0AAgmhi?format=jpg&name=large

I also added Arthur from GnG awhile back.

FxakiZ3WAAEuSuo?format=jpg&name=large

Slowly but surely I'm removing the more cheap or 'junky' things that pad the displays into more significant items, will be cool to finish someday!

• Like 6
  • Wow! 1

I typically won't post things that don't go straight into the collection but I got such a sweet pick up I gotta a show it off. 

Here is a cecha01 PS3 CIB I got for $120 with about 30 games, 20 of them are decent.

Screenshot_20230530_224755_eBay.thumb.jpg.bf837576c9ce1f6773334ca9e8704d3d.jpg

I'm really torn on getting rid of this or keeping it for the collection and replacing my PS2. Any thoughts?

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I typically won't post things that don't go straight into the collection but I got such a sweet pick up I gotta a show it off. 

Here is a cecha01 PS3 CIB I got for $120 with about 30 games, 20 of them are decent.

I'm really torn on getting rid of this or keeping it for the collection and replacing my PS2. Any thoughts?

Looks clean, id keep it. 

2 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

That's a great deal and I think the original PS3's are more sort after because of the backwards compatibility. I'd definitely keep it,

5 hours ago, Tyree_Cooper said:

Too bad most CECH-Axx and most fat models in general have some hardware issue nowadays, or will soon fail 😞 what a terrible piece of hardware it was.

I watched a video last night that said the methods people thought fixed the hardware failures actually didn't work out well. Apparently the home method of fixing the yellow light was to hit it with the blow dryer to reflow the solder and a bunch of boards were destroyed that way

Yeah it's like putting toothpaste on your heavily scratched disc. It sort of doesn't work most of the time and may actually make things worse.

I'd love to have a working CECH-Axx. But in the end, I have a working fat PS2 so what's the point really? It's a cool thing that it has a PS2 built in, but with that level of reliability...

Though at least it will just stop working, and won't scratch your discs like the shitty PS2 slim with its incredibly terrible design of lens cable.

I don't follow it anymore, but I had no idea PS3s were fail happy in decade plus old age.  Are they all rotten, or just the original large sized model (PS2 capable or not) or the others too?  I got rid of my 80GB PS3 a couple months ago, it just started getting pissy about blu rays as it was all it was used for anymore so I took it out back and finished it off after removing the drive.  It was the latest in a line of things that gets me concerned about any disc based console lasting long term, with the GC of mine(day one) dying a year or two back now where it just didn't like discs and nothing changed that so I had to buy another which sucked.  It put me off buying games on that largely too or using it much to where I've been strongly considering offloading my Cube collection to local collectors of which I have some super desirable stuff.

I have a PS3 super slim which I was planning on keeping.it seems like Sony worked out all the kinks by the end of the life cycle. I really like the idea of not having a mechanism for removing discs.

Screenshot_20230531_140757_Google.jpg.c626fc3f6e67940492ff0eb4e4360aee.jpg

I have the playstation branded components cables too so my PS2 actually looks great. I was wondering tho if the HDMI output was better for PS2/1 games or just more convenient.

I thought maybe if I'd keep the A01 I could consolidate the playstation set up but it's tough seeing the sale prices and not being a huge PS3 fan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I have a PS3 super slim which I was planning on keeping.it seems like Sony worked out all the kinks by the end of the life cycle. I really like the idea of not having a mechanism for removing discs.

Screenshot_20230531_140757_Google.jpg.c626fc3f6e67940492ff0eb4e4360aee.jpg

I have the playstation branded components cables too so my PS2 actually looks great. I was wondering tho if the HDMI output was better for PS2/1 games or just more convenient.

I thought maybe if I'd keep the A01 I could consolidate the playstation set up but it's tough seeing the sale prices and not being a huge PS3 fan.

I hate how cheap this system feels, but it's nice not to have a drive mechanism that could fail.

I've never seen a video comparison between original PS2 analog output and PS2 emulation on PS3 with HDMI output, but I'd bet the PS2 component output looks better, particularly on a CRT. Some of those PS2 games looked incredible over component cables. I remember Rygar and God of War 2 looking particularly good. You actually have to hold a button combo on the controller when booting the game to put them in 480p mode, although I don't remember what it was.

• Like 1

No new games added this week, but I got some goodies that are technically still video game-related.

image.jpeg.4cc3dda51f078644c9c65e9cdc6b286a.jpeg

(December 2022 pic)

image.jpeg.2f8a130d3a02312fe0909f947a72b78c.jpeg

(May 2023 pic)

On the road again, and went back to Chuck E. Cheese. I bought their "Summer Fun Pass." With this, I can go back to Chuck E. Cheese multiple times during the Summer, receive a card with time on it, and not have to pay for time or points until the Pass expires. If I decide not to order a meal the next few times I visit, I can go back and just play games for free basically. They're currently having a pre-sale so I can't use this yet, but when I visit next they'll give me a card and a "Summer Fun Pass" Lanyard (which I'll have to wear during my Summer visits so they know I bought the Pass). Not sure why there's a button to download the App when I already downloaded it last Winter, unless it's just there for those who bought the Pass without downloading the App (though I thought I read the App was required to get the Pass during the pre-sale).

image.jpeg.ca1143a1d6dd9ee25df34addc66de156.jpeg

There's a bit of a story as to how I got this shirt. I knew Chuck E. Cheese had some small kids shirts at the restaurant (I've seen them on display at their Gift Shop). I've also looked at the store on the Chuck E. Cheese website, and noticed they have adult sized shirts. I actually almost bought a shirt on the site earlier this year, but couldn't because they don't seem to ship to Canada (except for the Canadian Chuck E. Cheese locations, of course). So I asked if they have any adult sized shirts at the restaurant, and they don't. My size is Men's medium. They showed me two shirts. For the other one, which was green, they only had it in Youth large...a little too small for me. The one shown in the picture is Youth XL. They allowed me to try it on, and guess what? It fits. I had my Birthday at Chuck E. Cheese last year (they don't have an age limit; adults can have their Birthday there too), and might be having my Birthday there again later this year (haven't decided yet). I'll probably wear this shirt if I do have my Birthday there again (unless I can somehow get one of the shirts on their website store). I asked them if there was any way they could order any adult sized shirts, and apparently they can't. But they said they would speak with guest relations about it and would contact me if by any chance they were able to get any adult sized shirts. I gave them my phone number and e-mail address.

Oh, and they told me that I'm not the only one looking for adult sized Chuck E. Cheese shirts. Good to know.

image.jpeg.503f8bcbc1ccb3ae9ad235e881af148f.jpeg

I played some Skee Ball and Luigi's Mansion Arcade while I was there. I've played Luigi's Mansion Arcade several times now. Don't play Skee Ball very often, but maybe that'll change because I do like it.

image.jpeg.e11793f2785a9430488c2b43f9abdfdb.jpeg

Besides Pizza (and some Cheesy Bread), I ordered some Unicorn Churros. I kept the cup, which has a picture of Ronnie the Unicorn on it.

image.jpeg.d632a963839672c1f61633ab1e48beca.jpeg

image.jpeg.18ce6149a85b1e58f31245a97623b92f.jpeg

Got a Jasper cup. I've gotten a few Chuck E. cups (both paper and collector's cups) during previous visits, so I'll see if I can get the other character cups during the summer. I don't have time to visit every week (and it's also kind of a long drive), but maybe I can still get the rest of the character cups when I visit a few times during the Summer.

image.jpeg.1155f9e23229d70b065e038934720a6e.jpeg

image.jpeg.614cb53dd9f054af66bdceb33bc5a6eb.jpeg

I've noticed that Chuck E. Cheese has collaborated with Nascar and that there are also some Chuck E. Cheese video games on the Apple store, so maybe I'll check those out.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 4

On 5/31/2023 at 4:27 AM, Tyree_Cooper said:

Too bad most CECH-Axx and most fat models in general have some hardware issue nowadays, or will soon fail 😞 what a terrible piece of hardware it was.

At the end of the day, we need a company like Analgoue to produce a system for PS1, PS2, and PS3 games! 

The PS5 can play PS4 games, and ideally the next gen system will play PS4, PS5, and PS6 games... well, one can hope.

I haven't played any video games since 2017, but I started up again. It's not an exciting first post, but I got Golf today. I've been starting at the very beginning by playing the black box games.

Golf was one of the better sports games in the set. Later NES golf games never clicked with me the same way this one did. Flipping through the booklet to plan out the distance of your shots is something that you only ever got with this one.

NESGolf.png.edc46cd45c5fd8bda36bbad0b2294803.png

• Like 5

Editorials Team · Posted
23 hours ago, SailingWiimote said:

I haven't played any video games since 2017, but I started up again. It's not an exciting first post, but I got Golf today. I've been starting at the very beginning by playing the black box games.

Golf was one of the better sports games in the set. Later NES golf games never clicked with me the same way this one did. Flipping through the booklet to plan out the distance of your shots is something that you only ever got with this one.

NESGolf.png.edc46cd45c5fd8bda36bbad0b2294803.png

Wait, is that how you're supposed to do it?  When this was a contest game I held a ruler up against the TV.  It was good enough to beat @docile tapeworm 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2