IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

5 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Damn wow nice find at $5 even on the fluffy sports stuff really.  There are some nice games in there, some obvious the US got like Lunar Ball, (Lee Trevino's) Fighting Golf, Hatris, Legend of Kage (07 up top), and others.  But there are a few unique ones like the keroppi game on bottom and to the right of it.  For $5 you got a variable amount of fun that was both localized and not, but cheap enough to be worth not just leaving there to rot.  I wish famicom stuff showed up in my area...ever, even once. 😕

Yea I figured I'm going to get any famicom game I don't already have if its only $5, sports or not. These rarely show up around here, esp here in the middle of the country but they happened to have a nice box full. I left behind only 5 or 6 that I already had, nothing of note. 

Just now, CodysGameRoom said:

Yea I figured I'm going to get any famicom game I don't already have if its only $5, sports or not. These rarely show up around here, esp here in the middle of the country but they happened to have a nice box full. I left behind only 5 or 6 that I already had, nothing of note. 

I don't blame you.  You did get the sequel game to a game also in that picture, top right, that's Super Star Force to Star Force down below which was a US release.  The creepy bug eyed ninja looking one on the left is common to multicarts and is decent as well.  The shogi game and the RPG are likely lost causes but most of them should be playable.  Binary Land is a solid little fun game as is Jajamaru.

On 5/20/2023 at 3:40 AM, CodysGameRoom said:

Yea I figured I'm going to get any famicom game I don't already have if it’s only $5, sports or not. These rarely show up around here, esp here in the middle of the country but they happened to have a nice box full. I left behind only 5 or 6 that I already had, nothing of note. 

I’d be happy to sell you all my doubles of sports and racing Famicom games for $5 a piece including shipping from Australia. I’d probably just need a minimum order of 10 carts because of the shipping costs. 

I’m currently working my way through a huge lot I got but once I’m done I can shoot you a message if you’re interested?

• Like 1

On 5/18/2023 at 5:28 PM, CodysGameRoom said:

50195BA6-710B-4052-ADD7-FEC7143D8804.thumb.jpeg.fcf656c30646855acbf583a5418b2826.jpeg

$5 each from a local shop. Any good deals or bangers in here?

Some decent titles here for sure - honestly I think the best one is this set is Kero Kero Keroppi no Daibouken. Pretty unique puzzle game with a few different stage types. It's kid-friendly but gets fairly challenging late in the game. Especially those memorization rounds.

• Like 2

I'm thinking it's not worth taking an image in this case, but over the weekend I got a super clean copy of Drill Dozer for the GBA and at half the god awful going rate for it, I can not complain at all.

I've been thinking about it, and the only good excuse I can think of why it's that expensive comes back to just one glaring thing.  it's the last piece of physical gaming media the pokemon people (Game Freak) put on a cartridge, so it's the pokemon effect reaching out to other works.  I imagine if their US Genesis game hadn't been garbage cable tv downloads in the states (Pulseman) it would be pretty ugly too.

• Like 1

More MD madness, closing in on 300 titles now. Got some more heavy hitters under my belt!

IMG20230522222516.jpg.7bcf4fcdf316df84fb4b9f96e7627441.jpg

Also got this awesome official SEGA MD arcade stick, it's hardcore!

IMG20230514232239.jpg.cedbc16cce4fe3c0b222fe862bf7edc1.jpg

Been using it for playing Battle Frenzy, it's SUCH a big improvement compared to the regular pad for 3D movement, not to mention turbo fire, I'm tearing shit UP! 🤩

• Like 9
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 3

8 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I'm thinking it's not worth taking an image in this case, but over the weekend I got a super clean copy of Drill Dozer for the GBA and at half the god awful going rate for it, I can not complain at all.

I've been thinking about it, and the only good excuse I can think of why it's that expensive comes back to just one glaring thing.  it's the last piece of physical gaming media the pokemon people (Game Freak) put on a cartridge, so it's the pokemon effect reaching out to other works.  I imagine if their US Genesis game hadn't been garbage cable tv downloads in the states (Pulseman) it would be pretty ugly too.

I think you are probably right about the game freak connection but also it's an interesting game with rumble pak built in so not as easy to emulate.

@drxandy Probably so, curious if the game would bomb if you cut the wires or if it wouldn't even notice (doubt it would.)

I forgot, got this gem shipped in from Spain for less than the price of a new GBC game back in the day.  This is an unlicensed utterly fantastic port of the original Neo Geo Metal Slug to Game Boy Color of all things.  It's up on ebay if someone wants the link if they can't find it, new copies of the game that came out in the mid 2010s.

Got mine with the black gbc shell (original not one of those "GAME" copies.)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Brickman said:

Picked up the two FE games I was missing on the GBA. I’m hoping to play one by the end of the year if time permits. Also found a copy of Mr, Incredible that includes the playing cards.

IMG_5278.jpeg.14c4b23c3769f7b20f4e33a680b0bb0a.jpeg

And some more N64 added.

IMG_5277.jpeg.29e64287fd54c083ea9de6de39b99dd6.jpeg

How close are you to the Japanese N64 fullset now dude? Gotta be close right?!

22 minutes ago, OptOut said:

How close are you to the Japanese N64 fullset now dude? Gotta be close right?!

Sitting at around 125, so a bit to go still. @PuppyWaffles is closer than me.

I still have a couple of expensive ones to go but also a lot of $10-25 titles, which is good. I did recently pickup Getter Love for not a bad price (still pricey though). Should hopefully have that one soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

image.jpeg.01e1a5f7f5b91a6dc13c7951122e35d5.jpeg

image.jpeg.db120c6f4f1174e1ee94c9eec627719f.jpeg

image.jpeg.5f79093bda0571dc9e7d553635453191.jpeg

Got Dr. Mario and some NES cases for free from a friend. He's given me some things for free in the past, like a boxed copy of Adventure Island 2 from a video store I went to in the early 2000s, a modified NES that can play PAL games and certain unlicensed games my unmodified NES can't, his Sega Master System collection (console, ten games, hookups, two Controllers), and a bootleg of Super Mario Bros. 3.

Believe it or not, I didn't have Dr. Mario for my NES until now. I rented the NES version in the early/mid '90s, I used to have the SNES version (Tetris & Dr. Mario), I have the Game Boy version, and I have Nintendo Puzzle Collection for GameCube. I have had other ways of playing the NES version over the years, such as the 2003 GameCube Preview Disc (in which Dr. Mario can be downloaded to a GBA) and the Switch Online NES App. Anyway, it is not in the greatest shape (though it isn't in bad shape either) but it was free and it does work.

image.jpeg.c1e9aa7fd007388f86c6fcf22fcb38c8.jpeg

image.jpeg.9919c25b03e2fade40902e5908d3a70e.jpeg

He also decided to give me an NES game without a label. What game is it? Well...

image.jpeg.19cd076363556c18398e6a6c921baf44.jpeg

It's Mega Man 2. I've had Mega Man 2, along with most of the other NES Mega Man games, in my collection for years (and in much better shape too). I remember he got this in 2016 or so, and most of the label wasn't even there (there were pieces of it left). He removed what was left of the label, and debated about whether or not he would get a reproduction label for it. He chose not to. I don't know if I will or not. I like that he gave me a blue case to go with it.

image.jpeg.e79015f5d6f543b782c581614d15e9d2.jpeg

My other copy of Mega Man 2 that's been in my collection for years.

image.jpeg.6f992a62bc310adf3f39da5fdbea0f6f.jpeg

Ah, good ol' Dempster's Hot Dog buns featuring everyone's favorite mustached plumbers/heroes. I don't eat Hot Dogs very often anymore, but I decided to eat them again for a change this spring/summer.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 7

While this will always feel like a bit of an underwhelming finale, after 15 years and 10K+ in CIB games, I picked off the final one I plan on buying in the retro sense. Obviously something else may pop up over time, but as far as my own research and list making goes, I finally finished! This would also be the last game for the Jaguar CD that I was missing which would complete the full set for that system, which again is a bit of an underwhelming finale all things considered, but happily I was actually able to get my Jaguar CD unit working without spending a dime!

Brain Dead 13 being the finale game, not a particularly beloved game but it's the most difficult US release to find for this system with the big box.

FxA-0yzWcAIrNrC?format=jpg&name=large

Bonus pictures of a couple games post Jaguar CD repair

FxA_3vMWcAIDlaC?format=jpg&name=largeFxA_25-WwAAnDZs?format=jpg&name=largeFxA_2gfX0AAYNm4?format=jpg&name=largeFxA_3RtXwAMJ4Bj?format=jpg&name=large

Eventually I'll post a new tour later in the year once I get everything cleaned up and such since the area is a bit messy. As for what's next, really just focusing on keeping up with modern platforms and continuing some clean up/repairs on older more rough shape disc based titles, it'll take awhile but at least the expense will drastically reduce!

Edited by goldenpp72
  • Like 5
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 1