IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

On 12/9/2022 at 11:45 PM, PII said:

That light gun   Wow   that is something else!

Have you tried it out?

How well does it work?

I've tried the console on multiple TVs but I didn't manage to have a usable picture. The best I got was this, but it's too bad to be playable and it was on a old LCD so the gun wouldn't work. 

I need to make some research on how to search for a particular frequency on my CRTs. 

spacer.png

• Sad 1

@Galdius E.T on GBA is one of my least proud video game completions, but I don't regret my time with it. It was bizarrely engaging, and often hilarious. There are some levels where you ride the bike through the air, and you can crash into trees and streetlights. There's a loud stock metal crunching sound that plays, and you spin around violently in the air as if it were a Simpsons gag. It's extremely funny, especially if you already aren't a fan of the movie to begin with like I am. 🙂

Also congratulations @a3quit4s! Now go try and beat Mohawk and Headphone Jack. 🙂

• Thanks 1

Added a few biggies today and decided to cobble them together with other recent NES heavies as they say, I believe I'm officially retiring from the NES CIB scene at around 350 titles, but I'm very happy with how it all looks finally. I have about 10 more to find between GB and SNES before I can be content with all retro Nintendo!

20221214_181556.jpg

• Like 10
  • Wow! 5
  • Love 2

Loving those arcade marquees @Teh_Lurv and over the years I've considered buying a few as wall art but never pulled the trigger.  Ultimately though if you have an idea of a cheap DIY solution I do have at least a 15 or so Neo Geo Mini marquees largely in great shape I'd love to mount with a non-damaging light solution, maybe some form of LED plate or bulb that would look fantastic on a wall.  I could go for that.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 2

I edited my other post, luck would have it, $26 got me these two big box 90s pc games, Quake II is still sticker sealed top and bottom, minor box damage from a sticker and a little squish, DN3D more wear stickers and not, but still nice and the inside jewel cased game and case are spotless.  That's a win for my small shelf of PC memories.

And then there's the Metroid game for Famicom Mini, the FDS port, and wow it's awesome, a net find.  A fantastic little game when you have the real version not the bugged lesser US copy we sadly got stuck with as it's more obvious than Kid Icarus was with the audio, visuals, no slow down issues, proper save/restart setup -- it's great.

Also I picked up a couple SNES games off a friend of mine for $60 returning 2 long lost titles to the wall -- Act Raiser 2 and Kirby's Dream Course, both in really nice shape.  Sorry no picture, working and running lower on time to finish than to fish out and do that right now. 🙂

12-15-pcbigbox-fcminimetroid.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Mail Call for today:  some nice additions to the world set.  just a few 1000 left to go.  if you want to help build the first world set just let me know.  need a lot of help.

this group has on more of the more difficult game to get Trax...  Wahs happy to see this.  Also a new find to the world set variants.  the RA-NOE-1-A.  This is the ROM Version A  previously not unknown variant.  This was a real nice find...

20221212_210841.jpg.84e5cd3817403b487fdf0735d6297fec.jpg

• Like 9

Things are getting serious boys, I bought myself a few MD games for Xmas! 🎅

IMG20221217212758.jpg.eacae964282e9061f166764f8f07bac8.jpg

I managed to scrape the absolute last of the bottom of the barrel of cheap games I needed that are available local, as well as treating myself to a few more expensive games... A couple of these pushed past the 100 USD barrier, but I am very happy with the prices and the condition I got here! 😄

As it stands I am at 246/423 for the set, and I really can't kid myself, I am absolutely going for the set now... I have completed the rites of passage, accepted the call to adventure, and created... THE VISUAL CHECKLIST!!! 😲

IMG20221214154324.jpg.75c5bdbedee6b31ecb28d15b78e37696.jpg

There's no going back now lads! 😅

• Like 8
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, OptOut said:

Things are getting serious boys, I bought myself a few MD games for Xmas! 🎅

IMG20221217212758.jpg.eacae964282e9061f166764f8f07bac8.jpg

I managed to scrape the absolute last of the bottom of the barrel of cheap games I needed that are available local, as well as treating myself to a few more expensive games... A couple of these pushed past the 100 USD barrier, but I am very happy with the prices and the condition I got here! 😄

As it stands I am at 246/423 for the set, and I really can't kid myself, I am absolutely going for the set now... I have completed the rites of passage, accepted the call to adventure, and created... THE VISUAL CHECKLIST!!! 😲

IMG20221214154324.jpg.75c5bdbedee6b31ecb28d15b78e37696.jpg

There's no going back now lads! 😅

Some bangers in there. What set are you going for, complete ntsc-j mega drive?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Some bangers in there. What set are you going for, complete ntsc-j mega drive?

Thanks!

Yeah Japanese Mega Drive! Obviously there are a few titles in that set that are thousands of dollars, I'm not sure if I will ever actually go through with buying those, and I mean I'm not expecting to end up with MD TETRIS or anything, lol!

But I will do my best to get as many of them as I can, I'm definitely in it for the journey! 😄

• Like 3

It's the end of the mailing week, so here are a few things that arrived!

2141827215_WiiUNewAgain.png.9c6e0006edba367035b4364b3b8a188a.png

Captain Toad is a game I've been on the fence about all three times it came out, but the Wii U version is only twenty-five dollars now, so I figure that's a safe price for something that might only be so-so.

Open world games and I have a very mixed relationship, but there are enough reasons for me to be interested in Lego City Undercover. The Lego Movie was one of the last movies I actually went to, and I also really enjoyed it. I also recently found out that Traveler's Tales makes the Lego games, and I genuinely enjoyed their early work as a kid like Toy Story SNES and Mickey Mania. Some people seem to hate the company, but I only have fond memories of them personally.

Lastly we have the THIRD copy of MarioandSonicattheSochi2014OlympicWinterGames I've bought that doesn't work. It's the most functional copy I've bought so far, as it does VERY occasionally boot up. Usually it just says "Invalid Disc" when I put it in the Wii U though, and it's far too temperamental for me to just put up with it.

Having finally gotten to play it though, I know it's a game I'll want to keep pursuing. It's really good if you're into Wii era "mini-sports" titles, and it has a genuine magic to it that's really wonderful. Having played both now, Mario and Sonic 2014 is worlds better than Mario and Sonic 2016, which doesn't have anything going for it really. It's kind of stunning how little effort went into 2016 compared to 2014, which has pretty high production values for a licensed game based on the Olympics.

I'm fast approaching the limit of what's interesting on the Wii U, so you won't have to see me talk about it for much longer. I'm sure this site of all places isn't too interested in the system, but I've had a great time going back and shopping for it. I've discovered some really great games in the process, and I'll hopefully discover more once I start working on the 2023 backlog challenge.

• Like 6