IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Editorials Team · Posted
18 hours ago, OptOut said:

Watch it boys, I'm packing heat! 😎

IMG20220718121025.jpg.34633269381183530c83cf61bd8ca49b.jpg

Thrustmaster Beretta 92FS, the most deadly OG XBOX lightgun available.

IMG20220718120943.jpg.17162c70bce7cd65d7b1d5bef267d64f.jpg

It makes you feel powerful just holding it, like how God feels when He's holding an XBOX lightgun.

So... Go ahead, punks. Make my day.

IMG_20220718_135228.thumb.jpg.d52d9e1b9578395bd2cc513279cd2294.jpg

Don't point that at any cops...

PXL_20220718_235050514.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

My turn, but first, @MegaMan52 I had that handheld a couple years ago, didn't keep it as Pac-Man doesn't hold me for long but it does control quite well given the design of it, good screen, nice enough audio for the price class its in, you did nice finding that as a desk toy.  I hope to find a cheap Galaga one one of these days, that I would return to.

Yesterday, sometimes nice things happen that set off a chain reaction of more, that's how Sunday went which is lucky I had the whole day free as burned the afternoon. 🙂

1) It started out with a facebook message, someone wanted a gamecube game I had left and a couple games to even the trade, both of us wanted to be out no $.  It worked out, and I finally got the missing in the series, now I have the Zelda Collectors Edition complete to go with the guide I've had a few years finally.

2) Chatting with the guy, made a new friend to message with, and he tipped me off to lousy facebook metric not letting me know a former collector was doing a video games garage sale, all has to go, I missed day 1 at 20% off his stickers but day 2 was 30% (next weekend is 40 then 50.)  I PM the guy, get a little video and I see the Genesis game in the image below and the NES game so I went for it.  His stickers were already under ebay average, then took another 30% off.  The stuff in the image not within the black lines all from there, set me back $190 which is rare for me to do or have on me.

3) Heading the half hour ride back I see a Game Exchange along the road with a tarp sign out, door open, I went and they were unofficially open, a soft opening but could sell.  At first I see nothing in the case, so I go into these 2 big drums of GBA games and I fish out a sticker screwup, Medabots Rokusho for $4 (it's a $55 game on ebay) so I went for it, then looking at the case I notice I missed 1/2 GBA games I've been tracking, TMNT, it was $20 which surprised me as it's a $30 game online, so more savings.

So a win, gets a win, gets another win on the way out. 😄  I was up until like 2:30 that morning cleaning, then playing, testing stuff.

july17finds.JPG

• Like 9
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

On 7/18/2022 at 1:53 AM, OptOut said:

Watch it boys, I'm packing heat! 😎

IMG20220718121025.jpg.34633269381183530c83cf61bd8ca49b.jpg

Thrustmaster Beretta 92FS, the most deadly OG XBOX lightgun available.

IMG20220718120943.jpg.17162c70bce7cd65d7b1d5bef267d64f.jpg

It makes you feel powerful just holding it, like how God feels when He's holding an XBOX lightgun.

So... Go ahead, punks. Make my day.

IMG_20220718_135228.thumb.jpg.d52d9e1b9578395bd2cc513279cd2294.jpg

How did the "Thrustmaster" brand name go out of business?? I'm buyin' whatever the Thrustmaster is sellin'!!

• Agree 1

At last, finally got the mystical PS5 that I always thought was a myth. Last Playstation was PS3 for me, so wanted to really try this one out. Thank you Amazon's invitation system. Now to find some must play games. Won't collect for PS5, just want to get games that are enjoyable to play like the Spider-man game was one I've wanted to play for some time now. 🙂 The Horizon game that came with it is really awesome so far.  If anyone is still looking for one for MSRP, Amazon is the way to go.

292695272_746944436642036_9155056564261124613_n.jpg

• Like 8
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, Skorp said:

At last, finally got the mystical PS5 that I always thought was a myth. Last Playstation was PS3 for me, so wanted to really try this one out. Thank you Amazon's invitation system. Now to find some must play games. Won't collect for PS5, just want to get games that are enjoyable to play like the Spider-man game was one I've wanted to play for some time now. 🙂 The Horizon game that came with it is really awesome so far.  If anyone is still looking for one for MSRP, Amazon is the way to go.

292695272_746944436642036_9155056564261124613_n.jpg

Congrats! There aren't a lot of PS5 exclusives yet, but you're in a for treat with the PS4 back catalog and a lot of those games have PS5 upgrades.

I'd recommend:

• Uncharted 4/Lost Legacy
  • Horizon Zero Dawn (I haven't played FW yet, but the first game was amazing)
  • Ghost of Tsushima (playing this now and it's unbelievably good)
  • Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart
  • God of War

I also started Demon's Souls remake which is graphically awesome, but it's a bit tough to get into that style of gameplay so I bounced off it. I'm really looking forward to Returnal and trying out Stray, both of which are included in PS Plus Middle Tier, whatever it's called.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Congrats! There aren't a lot of PS5 exclusives yet, but you're in a for treat with the PS4 back catalog and a lot of those games have PS5 upgrades.

I'd recommend:

• Uncharted 4/Lost Legacy
  • Horizon Zero Dawn (I haven't played FW yet, but the first game was amazing)
  • Ghost of Tsushima (playing this now and it's unbelievably good)
  • Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart
  • God of War

I also started Demon's Souls remake which is graphically awesome, but it's a bit tough to get into that style of gameplay so I bounced off it. I'm really looking forward to Returnal and trying out Stray, both of which are included in PS Plus Middle Tier, whatever it's called.

Returnal is incredible!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

image.jpeg.d54ab850d4185d4f06ed9871fdb335e9.jpeg

image.jpeg.fb71fb51e77e1794312305c55bef6230.jpeg

Downloaded Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium, and also paid for Mega Man: The Power Battle. 

image.jpeg.92e54f93539a6af0839c0b0fb015a57c.jpeg

Like the first Capcom Arcade Stadium, one game is free (though the first one technically had two free games when it was released).

image.jpeg.ee69776e91469e2fa7a12c79ecc6ce8c.jpeg

capcomarcade2ndstadiumpic5.jpg.43a696b86f2bc2b6cfbd20c1dad38db1.jpg

image.jpeg.6db016ad9d94102c1af89a8be5636a8a.jpeg

image.jpeg.ba80f44ac10a6389f4a91e6cdac4ee13.jpeg

The Japanese release of Mega Man: The Power Battle is included (the American release is also included, of course), and is the main reason I paid for this game. The Japanese release has more voice clips (some of which were used in the sequel), a different background for the new weapon screen, and a different background for the high score screen.

For those who aren't aware, there are two versions of Mega Man: The Power Battle: a CPS1 version and a CPS2 version. The audio in the CPS1 version sounds like a Sega Genesis game, while the CPS2 version sounds like Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters (which also uses the CPS2 hardware). 2nd Stadium includes the CPS1 version, like Mega Man Anniversary Collection. I was hoping the CPS2 version would be included as well (since I still have Mega Man Anniversary Collection and have played it a lot over the years), but I didn't see an option to choose it. Still, I'm happy the Japanese release is included.

image.jpeg.2edf484f463c3987b0fd82c7dc308048.jpeg

image.jpeg.ae408fc4b8f0b22c39af9d9d9860d733.jpeg

Because I already have the first Capcom Arcade Stadium (downloaded it last year and got both 1943 and Ghosts 'n Goblins for free) and paid for the Mega Man game, I got some extra goodies as well.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 4

Like I've pointed out a little on here/discord there has been a kick in the pants in the last 30-60 days on multiple consoles where the prices have dropped like 30% or higher in cases.  Due to this throughout the month I picked off 7 games on ebay which largely I've not touched all year since price sucked so bad.  I was tracking things even if I wasn't buying and the 50-100 games got a nice 20-25% cut I saw, and the 100-200+ stuff a good number are at 30%+.  While I didn't include Sega in the image here, I did end up getting Splatterhouse 3 for $50, Syd of Valis for $40, and Steel Empire for $20 (check their spring values.)

And then here we go, these except for American Tail which I got last weekend across town for $50 were all from evilbay, the biggest slice strangely showed up early this morning R-Type III which given it's usual range I got around 50% off, open auction, ended, I only bid, and it wasn't badly setup but in plain sight.  I kind of wrote that off unwilling to pay 200-225 for it.  Two most costly of them pre-tax/shipping were $125 and $130, everything was less (in the lower 90s and under.)  Phalanx was from here, part of a trade.

Not my normal thing to go after nutty priced stuff, but there ya go.  Wolf3D is a little banged up, trying to get it to be nicer about starting, inside of shell one tab was just hanging there, have it drying with super glue gel at the moment opened so it doesn't out gas and haze all white.

snes-july-mail.JPG

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 9
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

Won Persona on ebay for 33 pounds. Gear Club was on sale. Today I walked into a store and found The Godfather for ps2. Limited edition norwegian release steelbook with slipcover all complete and minty. Been something I wanted but didnt wanna go out of my way for. Bought and played the 360 version back in that time. See it on rare occasion,not very common, usually missing something like the map, bonus disc or its scratched. The whole reason I wanted it was the steelbook so a scratched one or missing slipcover was never going to be good enough. Quite pleased about it. Just to be clear when I say norwegian release I mean they made the slipcover etc in norwegian, the game is in english like it should be

IMG_8760.JPG.466b23c16d670258ecac9738697bace0.JPG

• Like 10

Megacat order came in the mail yesterday, I picked up diamond thieves and coffee crisis.

spacer.png

Nice touch mega cat with the branding inside of the cases!! 

spacer.png

Played coffee crisis a bit on the switch and really dug it, right up my alley. If I ever get over to Pittsburgh I am absolutely going to black forge coffee house 🙂

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, drxandy said:

Megacat order came in the mail yesterday, I picked up diamond thieves and coffee crisis.

spacer.png

Nice touch mega cat with the branding inside of the cases!! 

spacer.png

Played coffee crisis a bit on the switch and really dug it, right up my alley. If I ever get over to Pittsburgh I am absolutely going to black forge coffee house 🙂

Those look really neat, if I ever make it back home AND head over to Philly, I might have to stop by Black Forge Coffee too.

• Like 1

A few recent hauls!

1x4Fbvk.jpg

Got these strategy guides at a local game store. I overpaid a bit but that's what I get for not taking the time to check prices!

ipUKZIe.jpg

Another Pac Man Party sealed with bonus neck strap. Also a brand new Tomato Adventure from Play-Asia. 

ELxeqRy.jpg

A few World of Nintendo trays I pulled from a recent haul. 

9p1gprZ.jpg

Also pulled and restored this from the same haul, it's an ALS Industries Videostax VGC-50 Entertainment Center for housing either an Atari 2600 + 24 carts or a NES + 12 carts. It's a really cool set, unfortunately I don't have a use for it, but I am going to hold onto it for a while. 

dQLpSdL.jpg

Got these in a trade, been waiting a while to finally land the Tiki Amiibo, I think this completes my Fire Emblem set. Also I don't usually pick up loose DS games but I'm willing to make an exception and try to complete these later. 

HSEOhn5.jpg

And here's the rest of the pickups. Until next time!

• Like 8

So umm, this happened today.

I decided to go check out an antique toy mall very south county I haven't seen in years and a store next door closing in a week.  The other store had the handheld and SNES game, both I've been on the lookout for awhile now, LCD as I had a manual, the SNES as non-PC and clean sticker, they were $40.

Now 100lb gorilla in that room, second time I've seen that in a decade, maybe 3rd time in 25 years in person(furthest back was in the mid 90s.)  I'll just be transparent with this one, I saw the sticker and walked away, found the other goodies, felt rotten about it, went back, asked and was able to split cash+charge on this one.  I still felt mixed both sick and shock/happy surprise given I rarely can justify let alone pay for something little north of $100.  I got it for $200, price charting I saw showed it was last there with a clean sticker in 2015 basically, in the shape it is in currently a $300-330 game so taking a 33-45% I justified the mental gymnastics of it.

Ironically, I wish my Duck Tales 2 sticker off the fold was that nice, Darkwing Duck too as they're both not great and a bit worse. 😉  It is a fantastic game, short, easily replayed and enjoyed, doesn't over stay itself like the original and I like the updated mechanics.

july24-cndrr2l.JPG

• Like 10
  • Love 2