IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Earlier I mentioned how I trimmed my Wii U collection from 30 games to 19. What a stupid choice THAT was. I'm now seeking out replacement copies. 😔

Here's some new stuff.

34457224_NewWiiUadditions.png.cd91cf3a1d4901bbd509842fa3dc831f.png

I've been playing the Wii U for two years now, and I've never bought a Pro controller until now. They've always been a tad expensive, so I never felt like going for it. Once I started playing Smash 4 Wii U again, I decided I was fed up with the Game Pad and picked up a Pro Controller.

Marie is an amiibo I've been after for some time now, and you'd be AMAZED how hard it is to find a good listing of her without Callie. They were sold together to begin with, so I get why they're often sold together on ebay too.

The issue is that the two characters unlock the exact same list of things, with one little exclusive each. I felt like the difference in price wasn't worth getting them both, so I've been trying to get Marie by herself for a while now.

The Link amiibo I got fed up waiting for, and just coughed up the money. I was pretty unhappy about it, but there are only so many auctions you can lose before the extra money isn't a turn off anymore.

That's it for me for the next while, as I've got a lot of things coming up that I need to pay for. Hobbies will have to take a back seat for a month or two unfortunately, but I have plenty of games to play as it is. Gotta get caught up a little bit!

Edited by Lynda Monica
  • Like 5

I don't think a lot here are really into anime enough as I don't see it come up.  Recently (this year) I've started to pick up watching it again and buying some stuff, about a month ago learned of a movies (OVA series actually) I wanted to check out.  They're harder to come by, one in particular is out of print and costly ($75-100+) which is the cop one you see below, and well check those prices.  That's the half price a mile up the road from here, I was blown away when I saw Violence Jack but then that other caught my eye and I couldn't snap it up quick enough, and they were not there yesterday either. 😄

Both quality late 80s/early90s darker edged stuff, not for the kids, or other soft/easily offended types. 🙂

animefind.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Picked up a bunch of stuff from a local shop today. A Mario PC game, what appears to be Famicom bootlegs and homebrews/hacks? A Super Mario Bros bootleg for Sega Genesis, a japanese Super Mario Bros hintbook, and some little rubber mario/nes toys from the 80's. Notice balloon fight and ice climber. Also got some Nintendo Power supplements because I wasn't sure if I had them, and they were cheap. 

Anyone have info on the bootlegs, hacks, or nintendo rubber toys?

1.thumb.jpg.4dd9eaa1bd439a0b87c7a4faf84e1765.jpg

2.jpg.e86a87ef616aeacc62beda3eb63cefe0.jpg3.thumb.jpg.a7f8d54d6deacb2ba6e680c0ea6feaba.jpg

• Like 9
  • Wow! 1

@CodysGameRoom I can help you on those that's more in my wheelhouse on the FC and Genesis stuff, though fcgamer could do better on some.

All the famicom stuff are looking at those, modern famicom clone shells and they're modern era hacks of the old game, nice find they are for some variety.  The oldest may be that YH-401 cart, that company has made them since 1996 but still do, lots of them, and it has four small basic games from the era (one being raid on bungling bay I think.)

The little figures are called keshi, very popular in Japan and some who know of it here.  I would have been all over those very very fast had I been in your shop (do they have more?)  I've always wanted some, I have a rarity of them from the US called the Can Full of Monsters, rebranded old ultra man keshi from bandai for the US I've got a set (full in a can) and half of another set in a bag I keep around.  They're not like costly, but they're not cheap, not worth buying individually but in bulk you can pay a little per unit still, so a wise buy.

The MD game I could rattle on about, but details are king, and the game isn't great maybe not good even, but you could do worse, it's fun for just being a bad Mario game on Genesis.  The bootleg games wiki covers all the good/bad of it best and to them the only best is the music 😉 haha -- https://crappygames.miraheze.org/wiki/Super_Mario_World_(Genesis)

Does that shop have another Super Mario 2 FDS to FC hack?  I lost the one I had years ago. 😕  Or more keshi?

It's been pretty dry for awhile, but managed to find a Wii Sports for $4 at Savers, and Pokemon Yellow at GameStop for $30. It still has a save file which is cool, 25 hours with ~level 50 Charizard, Venusaur, Blastoise, Sandslash, Machoke, and of course Pikachu. Sounds like a balanced team I would have built myself.

I had some Nintendo Points expiring so I figured I'd save on shipping and just order a bunch of stuff. I also got the Bravely Default II poster, but that's staying in the tube for now.

IMG_20220709_194438258_HDR~2.jpg

Edited by Aguy
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Does that shop have another Super Mario 2 FDS to FC hack?  I lost the one I had years ago. 😕  Or more keshi?

Thank you for the info, it’s all very interesting to me! 

I picked up everything they got from whoever traded this stuff in so they don’t have any more unfortunately. If the guy trades more stuff in he will prob let me know so I can keep an eye out.

• Like 1

Last Thursday I showed the wicked vintage-ish DVD anime I got yay, but around this I've had some game stuff turn out.  I'll break it down easy but they're sectioned off.

I got Wolfenstein for like $10 under market value so it was an online grab.  The games under the 3 imports, they're also online arrived yesterday from an importer had a bundle on them which given what Super Bomberman 5 costs the FC games against usual price were virtually free.  SC2K+manual been wanting this back a long time, no luck locally, made a 1/2 off offer and got that for $10 which is great.

Now locally it gets fun for me.

First I got a buy and dash a-hole days ago was supposed to get a pearl blue SP and the f'r didn't show up for $75, so cross town and angry I went into the other game xchange, found that Aladdin for $40, books $50 on ebay so I broke even given shitty gas prices. >:\

Second one was goodwill, was coming by after having to go somewhere and I had a moment, went in, saw nothing, on the way out, saw that Tiger, it's the modern ones from the last couple years, pretty well made I like it, hard game too, got it for $3 which is great as they sell for $20 new I believe.  It was sitting on some of some junk electronics.

Today I went and sold some heavier hitting toys/lego to my new favorite shop, back up that same goodwill road and I had a feeling I should go in.  At first didn't see anything in the glass but people kind of in the way, thought I found some TMNT guys but no parts and ripoff, browsed, still nothing.  Line was gone, corner of my eye in the white basket I see the telltale since of pearly blue awesomeness, immediately asked to check that out.  I flip it over, 😮 $19.99  ...done deal, but I find a bunch of loose games, left the kids licensed things, but saw those other 4, got them all for another $18 (I paid rounded to $40 out the door.)  The SP wouldn't work in the car, a little concerned, but I got it home and went to my part box...battery was toast, works now.  Scuffed up outside, clean nice inside.  But then 😞  Zelda was not booting, opened and found multiple roached pins, took me a couple hours almost with a soldering iron and a few tricks, I repaired it with a bypass and re-tinning combo ultimately so it lives when others would have trashed it. (I put the details on VGS repair shop thread.)

IMG_7821.JPG

IMG_7820.JPG

• Like 7

No luck with garage saling all weekend but managed to complete a Reddit trade of some CIB Saturn filler titles for 3 Turbografx games I was missing. 

A local shop got in Mighty Final Fight CIB.  It was sitting for a while due to the price tag.  I talked with an employee and had gotten a slightly reduced price and was able to use a 20% off coupon as well.  It wasn't cheap by any means but also much lower than the going rate.  

20220711_212918.jpg

20220711_213107.jpg

Edited by LutherDestroysTheGond
  • Like 6
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1