IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

9 hours ago, killerkobra said:

I went a little overboard on buying original pencil art from the Netflix Castlevania Anime 🤪 F'ing love that show and cannot wait for Nocturne!!! I am always looking for Castlevania items!!!

How did you manage to track that down, not going to ask price, I'm sure it was worth every penny seeing that clearly.

3 hours ago, NesQuest said:

Got this free from a contest in a Facebook group 😀

I've been curious about Skuljagger for years, never can seem to find a good reason to try it because people are all over the place, maybe it needs the manual or something to make sense, so what do you think?

12 minutes ago, TrekMD said:

These arrived over the past couple of weeks...

Mad Stalker (images removed)

What's the story here, never heard of this but it looks interesting, any fun so far?

I've had a dry spell continue, did get a very nice price online for 2 Genesis games CIB shipped (Quackshot and Thunder Force II) though the boxes are jacked up on both, I just cared about the contents. 🙂

Went hunting this afternoon. The sports games they had were half off and I couldn't resist. The Midway games will slot nicely into my GameCube collection and I've been looking for a new golf game to play for ps3. I loved Tiger woods 2005 back in the day, and if this is half as good as that one it will be 4 bucks well spent. I'll probably still be on the lookout for Hot Shots as I just enjoy that series more.

The DS games were just priced well so I grabbed. Might be trade fodder down the road. The store has some real oddball stuff I may go back for at some point.16558597038296512128024929751366.thumb.jpg.50202818a563f470fa2cb4ad00c9fbe9.jpg

• Like 10

June Gone Jungle Bananas

I've been mostly buying "limited" print products for a while, so I decided to go nuts with PS4 retail games (+1 Switch and 3 3DS games) that were heavily discounted for the most part. They were under 20€ average price, no postage/customs costs incurred. Seeing the Darius PS4 games from a few posters here made me go look for them and it just snowballed hard from there.

korg4La.jpg

8EOjkhf.jpg

L9C3x9q.jpg

dbPdFDC.jpg

JRPSpZ6.jpg

NqWJmjb.jpg

80TZi2L.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, Tanooki said:

How did you manage to track that down, not going to ask price, I'm sure it was worth every penny seeing that clearly.

It was not hard at all to track them down ha ha. A reputable company bought out the art from the studio itself and has been selling them. As far as I can tell just season 1 so far. 

• Like 2

image.jpeg.5ef0eb5263a7517bf3a1d5de3accab6d.jpeg

image.jpeg.4f505e6d4eac699d042b922e0ca6005a.jpeg

Downloaded TMNT: Shredder's Revenge on Switch. I'd prefer a physical copy, but this will do for now. Downloaded it while it was still on sale. Pretty good so far.

image.jpeg.b5808979ae135c2554005e7292720f03.jpeg

image.jpeg.7a7aa0f0c1f15ce510db0abf1e05c241.jpeg

Capcom made Street Fighter II available for free recently in Capcom Arcade Stadium, so I downloaded/unlocked it. I also got Ghosts 'n Goblins for free when Capcom Arcade Stadium was released.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 6

I made a topic for my own finds, but I think I like posting in this thread better. It's way more fun to see what everyone else is getting. I'm gonna abandon that thread and just post in here instead. 😅

I won't double dip too hard, so I'll just show off what I was happiest about today.

599485655_GuidesWiiU.png.b141c14050ed37b225dcd71a86154ceb.png

I went to various game stores in the city, and apparently there are some treasures to be found for Wii U guides.

Super Mario 3D World: Collector's Edition: $40.00
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD: Collector's Edition: $40.00
Xenoblade Chronicles X: Collector's Edition: $30.00
Splatoon: $15.00
Batman Arkham Origins: $10.00

After I came home and started looking up what guides exist for Wii U, I was struck with a seven year old news flash that Brady Games had been absorbed into Prima Games in 2015, and the much more upsetting three year old news flash that Prima Games closed down in 2019.

I don't want to sound like a crusty old woman, but I feel like everything I loved about video games growing up is slowly going away. The news of Brady and Prima Games closing genuinely made me sad, and I had to take a long bath.

Their closure makes total sense as they were an obsolete business model, but for some reason the news hit me really hard. I have so many fond memories from the 2000s of buying multiple games at launch along with their guides, and just feeling really happy while taking big bags of stuff home on the bus.

Now I'm even more determined to track down the final years of Brady and Prima Games' Wii U guides. It seems like they aren't in any sort of demand, but they're genuinely uncommon. Most of them only have one or two listings online, and some of them have none at all.

I'll try and find a day in the upcoming weeks to look at thrift shops and used book stores. For now I'm working on putting a list together of all the Wii U games that got a physical guide.

Edited by Lynda Monica
  • Like 9

I will go months without finding anything worthwhile on Mercari, but I do sometimes find garbage condition games for cheap - which, of course, is my favorite thing...1st I got this jacked-up copy of Trouble Shooter for $90 (after shipping/taxes)...I feel like this game would probably be like $300 (cart only) if it was co-op...I mean who can resist that gorgeous early 90s box/label art! (Although you may notice my cart here has a small sticker partially obstructing that beautiful label art 😉) It is fun nonetheless, and even though it was in a bootleg yellow case, the cover art is authentic and I had another cart/manual that I probably would have had to pay like $75 for cover art anyway (to complete it), so getting the whole package for $90 is a steal to me...
1883227121_IMG_16231.thumb.JPG.e32aed69c933c4b5e371aff793b40cf4.JPG

Then I got this nice little Xbox 360 lot...it was $65 (after shipping/taxes), so it wasn't an absolute steal, but all the games had their manuals, and it had F.E.A.R and Bullet Witch and Left 4 Dead 2 which were all on my "to get" list, plus the other 3 games are solid enough titles on their own (but I already had Enchanted Arms 😞 )

1788987979_IMG_16241.thumb.JPG.58a826d2b3f0e341cd964c68e841f890.JPG

• Like 9

21 hours ago, Lynda Monica said:

I made a topic for my own finds, but I think I like posting in this thread better. It's way more fun to see what everyone else is getting. I'm gonna abandon that thread and just post in here instead. 😅

I won't double dip too hard, so I'll just show off what I was happiest about today.

599485655_GuidesWiiU.png.b141c14050ed37b225dcd71a86154ceb.png

I went to various game stores in the city, and apparently there are some treasures to be found for Wii U guides.

Super Mario 3D World: Collector's Edition: $40.00
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD: Collector's Edition: $40.00
Xenoblade Chronicles X: Collector's Edition: $30.00
Splatoon: $15.00
Batman Arkham Origins: $10.00

After I came home and started looking up what guides exist for Wii U, I was struck with a seven year old news flash that Brady Games had been absorbed into Prima Games in 2015, and the much more upsetting three year old news flash that Prima Games closed down in 2019.

I don't want to sound like a crusty old woman, but I feel like everything I loved about video games growing up is slowly going away. The news of Brady and Prima Games closing genuinely made me sad, and I had to take a long bath.

Their closure makes total sense as they were an obsolete business model, but for some reason the news hit me really hard. I have so many fond memories from the 2000s of buying multiple games at launch along with their guides, and just feeling really happy while taking big bags of stuff home on the bus.

Now I'm even more determined to track down the final years of Brady and Prima Games' Wii U guides. It seems like they aren't in any sort of demand, but they're genuinely uncommon. Most of them only have one or two listings online, and some of them have none at all.

I'll try and find a day in the upcoming weeks to look at thrift shops and used book stores. For now I'm working on putting a list together of all the Wii U games that got a physical guide.

I think the Wii U is highly underrated. I'm happy to see someone else appreciate what that machine brought to the table!

Nice nice nice good one with Trouble Shooter.  I just can't seem to get beyond a few stages into it, searching back in this thread found a local copy of just the game alone too for a steal some months ago.  The art on it is fantastic, as it is in game too.

• Like 1

Got some Playtronic CIB SNES games:
alkd4Asl.jpg

More GBA games.
Aladdin, Doom, Ghostbusters, Wolfenstein, Jackie Chan and Simpsons are used. The others are sealed.
hMQRfpWl.jpg

Finally found another Tectoy Master System game that I was missing for the fullset.
Now I need 2 CIB games and 1 manual.lPTfyPdl.jpg

• Like 9
  • Wow! 1

Compile baby 💪🏻@guillavoie man I wanted to be a hater so bad when you made us play this lol 😂 but that TGL code 🤙🏻 look at me now brother! What an awesome game. Even though the scoring is busted. The graphics, music, gameplay, weapons… fun times thanks for enlightening an ignorant Neanderthal lol!!! I think @BeaIank had seconded this game that year.

FAD6AE24-C9FF-47A5-8F3E-7D15F1C35EF2.jpeg

Edited by docile tapeworm
  • Like 5
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 2

33 minutes ago, RH said:

Ok, so why are some DS game sim red cases that aren’t marked as Player’s Choice? 

Seems like they had red cases for some Mario games on the 3DS and I think they had a green case for a Luigi for game as well.

Edited by ScaryD

35 minutes ago, RH said:

Ok, so why are some DS game sim red cases that aren’t marked as Player’s Choice? 

Nintendo did that for Mario games only. Sometimes Mario games had a standard case, and then later got a red case, while some Mario games in North America only came in a red case.

Super Mario Maker, Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, and Mario and Luigi Super Star Saga 3DS all exclusively came in a red case in North America,

Games like Mario Party 10, Mario Vs Donkey Kong 3, Super Mario 3D Land, Super Mario 3D World, and Mario Kart 7 all had a regular case first, and then got a red case later.

There are many more examples of this in the Mario series.

Edited by Lynda Monica
  • Like 1