IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

I decided to trim down my Wii U collection from 30 games to 19. Now I'm extremely happy with my selection, and I think I'm going to consider the set finished. (Though there are some guides and amiibo I still want)

I decided to boost my 3DS selection with the money I earned!

595963142_3DSNewgames.png.e332b018924be087161712c4d6417be2.png

There's ten more 3DS games I definitely want to buy, and then a handful of others I have to consider. If I decide to include remakes, that would add two or three more.

I'm almost done shopping for this era of Nintendo! Though I still need to buy a New 3DS XL at some point to play one of the games I want. 😭

Edited by Lynda Monica
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Lynda Monica said:

I decided to trim down my Wii U collection from 30 games to 19. Now I'm extremely happy with my selection, and I think I'm going to consider the set finished. (Though there are some guides and amiibo I still want)

I decided to boost my 3DS selection with the money I earned!

595963142_3DSNewgames.png.e332b018924be087161712c4d6417be2.png

There's ten more 3DS games I definitely want to buy, and then a handful of others I have to consider. If I decide to include remakes, that would add two or three more.

I'm almost done shopping for this era of Nintendo! Though I still need to buy a New 3DS XL at some point to play one of the games I want. 😭

Codename STEAM is a pretty good game, great artstyle and inventive characters and world!

I put a good few hours into that game, but never finished it, perhaps I should go back for another go! 😄

On 6/30/2022 at 5:13 AM, Renmauzo said:

kjKdAZ9gTaaH-fg3l4B5Vw.jpg.c94b2a24f95aea64916de157febfbcc0.jpg

I finally got Poképark 2 for my wife since I bought her the first game back in the day but forgot to pick up the second when it came out, and I thought - for years - that I had picked up Wario: Master of Disguise but recently released that wasn't so.

Wario: Master of Disguise is actually quite an underrated game IMO. When you first go into it, it doesn't seem like much, and the touchscreen drawing gimmick is fiddly as fuck. But, if you give it time and get used to the controls, there's a really solid little puzzle-platformer/exploration game in there.

Actually, as the levels get larger and more complex, it almost starts to feel like a mini Metroid style game, with the exploration of different rooms and figuring out how to get to different places and finding treasures and stuff.

OptOut approved, for sure! 😉😎

• Love 1

I just had these games on my desk and then put them on my PC, but I meant to post them!  Anyway, I went to one of my favorite local game shops yesterday, which I don't often get to do, and when I go there I like to look for the cheaper NES titles I don't have. that are in great shape.  They have a flat shelf that holds maybe 500 so if I go in there every couple of months, I can usually find 2-3 games in great shape for $5-15.

I picked up Bigfoot, TMNT and Videomation.  Nothing spectacular but they were $10, and that ain't bad.  I didn't notice (ugh) that TMNT did have label damage at the bottom, but I won't complain.   That should be an easy one to upgrade in the future.

• Like 1

I have been searching for an authentic copy of this game at a good price for about 12 years now, my childhood cartridge was stolen when i loaned it out without realizing how valuable it had become. I always held on to my guide book and scratch & sniff cards though. I'm only missing two of the cards, and the original box. This is probably my favorite videogame of all time. To me it's the greatest RPG ever. Best music in any Nintendo game.
I got it the day it came out back in 1995, but it was a commercial flop in America and sold very poorly due to a poor advertising campaign and little magazine coverage. I never realized that at the time though, me, my stepbrother, and our best friend all had our own copies. I framed the original magazine ad that made me beg my Dad for it. One of the screenshots features a character saying, "I just farted....sorry." That was all it took for me. I even have the stub for the coupon I used to get $10 off at Walmart. I have the soundtrack on vinyl, I bought it locally in 2015 at Bull Moose for like $20, now it's worth about $200 alone. Everything in this picture is easily worth $1,000 at this point. If my Dad hadn't thrown out the box I'd be closer to around $5,000. Of course at the time adults thought video games were mostly a waste of time and didn't see them as becoming valuable one day.

kVIkzkv.jpg

hHEyShd.jpg

M8GBQoO.jpg
  • Like 9

On 6/29/2022 at 11:53 AM, killerkobra said:

Dam Dude I need that Simons Quest Nintendo Power issue been alluding me for years!

I know it's a stretch, but I saw you or someone else here noted they do bundle up stuff in the US as they have a box here, then have it bulk lifted over the border into Canada.  If that's something you did or could work out with the other person maybe I could move it your way if the price/trade is right?  I'm on the fence, as I said, it and Zelda II are doubles but I like them to use as readers as my others are in amazing shape/complete which these aren't (no posters)

That said, I went and dumped some goodies today at that 50% operation I told you about, so I got some, but then I was told they were doing their first trial holiday sale of 20% off (score.)  First thing that pops out are carts with tagged goods and on top, the red one below, with the discount it was $36.  And then the other I had seen in the case for awhile, used to utterly love Mechwarrior 1 and 2 for PC (have MW1 for SNES) and it was $32 with the discount, a steal, as I saw some clean as this copy of the cart alone approaches $30 shipped now (nuts.)  Not in the image, plastic box protector, I popped it on my Civ SNES cart box as it's in better shape. 😉

That poster I feel either never was unfolded or hasn't in 30 years as it's tight.

Anyone got some spare SNES dust clips, I'm out, short already like 5 or so. 😞

july122.JPG

• Like 4

My local post office was recently shut down. So yesterday I left early for work and drove to get my packages. Nice shooters from around the world 😍 The cover with the girls is  Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid: Sakuretsu!! Chorogon Breath. Got it on play asia with same same same! which takes a month to get here lol I did not get the same same magazine, probably because I ordered it too late

IMG_8276.thumb.JPG.ac46ca47ed56ded47dee98fcc3924de1.JPG

• Like 6

It has been a very long time since I did the local video game store run. There are 3 shops all basically along the same street within a few minutes of each other. I was delighted to actually get items at each store. I don’t think that has ever happened!

All Castlevania… can you guess my favourite franchise ha ha?

Nexwave 

-PS3 Castlevania LoS Collection 

-PS3 Castlevania LoS Limited Edition

Final Boss

-Brady Castlevania LoS guide

-EGN Castlevania Lament cover

GameCity

-Xbox 360 Castlevania LoS Collection

AABB0B5D-F4B4-4564-ACC3-E07D67DEDAA4.jpeg

Edited by killerkobra
  • Like 6

I'm in Boston all this week so today I got some time to hit a few stores. First I went to Game Underground until I put my hand on the door and saw a sign that masks are required. No problem with that except I didn't have one so I wasn't able to go inside.

Then I took an Uber ride over to Replay'd where I found this -1 Chip 'N Dale manual and also a first print Rad Racer with daytime screenshots on the back. The Rad Racer was $120 and a later print with night screenshots was there for $40 so I know whomever priced them knew what they were doing. However I still decided to ask the employees about the price difference just to see if they knew. The employee's response to me for the $80 difference was because of the glasses inside the box. I said, "Really?" and the guy said that's the going rate for them now. I still took the game because it's incredibly hard to find.

IMG_20220701_195734.jpg

• Like 8

20 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

I'm in Boston all this week so today I got some time to hit a few stores. First I went to Game Underground until I put my hand on the door and saw a sign that masks are required. No problem with that except I didn't have one so I wasn't able to go inside.

Then I took an Uber ride over to Replay'd where I found this -1 Chip 'N Dale manual and also a first print Rad Racer with daytime screenshots on the back. The Rad Racer was $120 and a later print with night screenshots was there for $40 so I know whomever priced them knew what they were doing. However I still decided to ask the employees about the price difference just to see if they knew. The employee's response to me for the $80 difference was because of the glasses inside the box. I said, "Really?" and the guy said that's the going rate for them now. I still took the game because it's incredibly hard to find.

IMG_20220701_195734.jpg

Lol, I should go there and sell them some extra glasses!

• Haha 1

Added some NES games (Kung Fu, 10 Yard Fight, and Golf were 3 or 5 screw variants I didn't have) and a GameCube controller to the collection. The NES games were at or near market value (picked up at 2nd and Charles) while the GameCube controller was a Facebook marketplace find for $8.image.jpeg.512826288990a0cbed83b5db41c1a463.jpeg

IMG_0433.jpg

• Like 9

46 minutes ago, ScaryD said:

Added some NES games (Kung Fu, 10 Yard Fight, and Golf were 3 or 5 screw variants I didn't have) and a GameCube controller to the collection. The NES games were at or near market value (picked up at 2nd and Charles) while the GameCube controller was a Facebook marketplace find for $8.image.jpeg.512826288990a0cbed83b5db41c1a463.jpeg

IMG_0433.jpg

$8? That’s a steal, I still need to pick up one of them purple controller for a console I have but it’s always out of sight, out of mind.

• Agree 1

I was back in Holyoke Massachusetts this afternoon and stopped in Stateline Video Games again. They have a case near the back of the store full of nothing but clamshell cases and some retail display racks. I grabbed five more of the SNES style clamshells for $5 each, and five more Game Boy dust cases for $2 each. At this point I once again have a 1/1 ratio of Game Boy games to dust cases. Also got a copy of Twin Darius for $20.

Tanooki - If you are still looking this location is loaded in-store with authentic SNES dust clips for $2 each. I'd say they have about 50 in the case, not even counting ones that are actually connected to games in the shelves and CIBs. It might be worth calling them up and seeing if they would do a deal or to put them up on their eBay store in a lot.

eCPhuDw.jpg

• Like 5

A few collector's editions and a little VGS love. I still need to play the original AI, but I figured these might be scarce and warranted a purchase. Thankfully the original game is on Game Pass, so I'll get to it eventually. Monster Hunter is mostly just to grab the Amiibo bundle since those usually end up being tough to find later on.

PXL_20220704_203826118_exported_1656968298662.jpg.1748fc71211de2042b82d7572e9dd311.jpg

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, 360collector said:

N64 power! Golden Nugget is NTSC so happy to get that for about 20 bucks, shipping alone from US would be about that or more. Man these games are going up fast. Im closing in on 250 (worldwide). Those 2 360 games always looked interesting I have just been waiting for cheap sealed copies

IMG_8318.thumb.JPG.4f282da5fcc6e081e183abf5eb4d9997.JPGIMG_8317.JPG.8feb974b1d6e406a35f763ca64df6c50.JPG

Now you can help us knock off some of those N64 games 😉 

• Like 1

More Wii U strategy guides! I'm mainly aiming for first party guides now. Hit the jackpot in a few different places.

289585505_EvenMoreWiiUguides.png.96f5a529cf24e563f92d6c5172253c1d.png

I got the Breath of the Wild collector's edition guide from my friend who had it and the extended version. (The version that covers the DLC too) I traded my Wind Waker HD collector's edition guide for it as I wasn't planning on buying Wind Waker HD anyway. I only picked up the guide because I found it for $40.00, and I had been struggling to figure out what I was going to do with it.

I hardly ever buy DLC, so trading a useless guide for the original Breath of the Wild guide was about as good as I could have hoped for.

The Bayonetta 2 and Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS guide I found at a game store I had never been to before, and they had them both priced at $30.00. While a tad expensive for Smash, it was a great deal for Bayonetta 2. The Bayonetta 2 guide isn't a common sight for sale cheaply, so I got pretty lucky.

Pikmin 3 and Mario Kart 8 I found while thrift shopping, but I was a little frustrated that they were all I found considering the amount of thrift shops I hit throughout the day. The Pikmin 3 guide is apparently quite uncommon though, so I'm pretty happy about getting it. Both guides were priced at $12.00.

Still looking for a few more, and those ones might take some time. I'm getting very close to finishing my Wii U collection though! I should be getting something exciting in the mail tomorrow too. 😉

Edited by Lynda Monica
  • Like 5

I haven't posted to this thread in a long time. My wife decided to stay home with the baby which means most all of my fun funds go either to our savings, toys or home upgrades/repairs/projects aka I'm poor now 😞 

But i have made some purchases this year and since it's about the halfway mark I figured I'd make a post.

PXL_20220706_183253960_exported_509_1657132935903.jpg.a4936d5eef922554d7d281c785f96952.jpg

First up, I really liked Bowser's fury so I got the steelbook for it and found the holiday one as well I got that, I think from Taiwan. The 3ds game is Andro Duvos 2. Castlevania portrait of ruin and pokemon platinum were yard sale finds. Crazy thing about platinum was that I got the cart only for $2 late last summer and found the IB just recently for $1. What are the odds?? Let's go Eevee was on sale for like $20 so I grabbed it. Gradius & Virtual On were  auction wins. Double pack I just got bc I have Alzheimer's and keep thinking Pokemon games will be fun again *shrug*

original_fc6d03d8-8cb4-47a9-b53a-341640711614_PXL_20220706_183650608_exported_2445_1657132962744.jpg.f6b112f27af557f39423eb9467dbd8e6.jpg

Zelda Wii U GP was an auction win. Said it didn't work but all it needed was a battery so I replaced my black one. Nomolos was another auction win way under value. I really liked the game and wanted the Cart of Color back since I only had the gray INL release. And finally the Steam Deck has arrived!

I'm really excited about the Steam Deck. It's just so hard gaming w the baby and adulthood. I'm looking forward to bringing it to work and playing in bed before hitting the sack. Or maybe I'll sell it for $900 and buy it back later for MSRP if I don't get into it 😂 lol We'll see!

• Like 7

image.jpeg.87faed71120c2ef3100af192f612c3f0.jpeg

image.jpeg.26f2f0bfc9c880775c1e3d3c9c3b3a04.jpeg

Found this at The Salvation Army. Cost $7 Canadian. Used to have it on the Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt/World Class Track Meet cartridge in 2006. NES games are rarely seen at my local thrift stores nowadays, so I bought this knowing it would be gone the next time I visit. It works fine; I didn't have to fiddle with it.

image.jpeg.26bbb9344477cf4cc656fbe3eb5c54bc.jpeg

image.jpeg.224e7a57b8d4d15fb455b5581a8f588d.jpeg

Also found at The Salvation Army. This copy of Gran Turismo 5 is complete and in pretty good shape. The Afterglow Controller is in okay shape; a little rough on the top. These were also $7 Canadian.

image.jpeg.c20b97a042c2d246e06a41950065ba73.jpeg

Another Salvation Army pickup: Season three of The X Files on DVD. Used to watch this series a lot on TV. I also have both X Files movies on Blu-ray in one package.

image.jpeg.f28c03ddc2d7779367ec68b1c3756453.jpeg

Bought this Mario Switch Controller at Walmart. It is wired instead of wireless, which explains why it cost me $30 instead of $70. For a few years now, the only Switch Controllers in my collection were the neon Joy-Cons that came with my Switch and a GameCube-style wireless Controller. I also saw an Afterglow Switch Controller when I got this, which looked similar to the PS3 Controller above (and is from the same company, I believe). I also saw Cruis'n Blast for $30. They had two copies, so maybe I'll buy one next week (or sometime this month).

image.jpeg.c6e773e60ea3e7522e48712f69a06fe3.jpeg

Found these at Value Village. Both are sealed. I already have all of the Rocky movies on Blu-ray (including Creed and Creed 2), so my main reason for buying the collection was for Hoosiers and Dodgeball. As for the Terminator, I have Terminator 1 & 2 on Blu-ray, watched Terminator 3 on TV many years ago, and watched Terminator: Dark Fate with my brother a few years ago. So, I've got a little bit of catching up to do.

image.jpeg.1ce130535734283e3245f68c3e7d47a2.jpeg

image.jpeg.d92412c91d442466c4e97cfe4d3ec47d.jpeg

Now HERE'S a blast from the Internets past: the RealOne Arcade application. I remember downloading this on my Windows 98 Computer in 2003, and played Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Sonic the Hedgehog 3 on it. I had (and still have) Sonic Mega Collection for GameCube, so I played the demos instead of buying the games. The prices were a little ridiculous considering Sonic Mega Collection was only about $20 at that point. Still, I browsed the Internet for hours at the time and wasn't always playing my game systems so this application came in handy if I wanted to play some Sonic games on my Computer. It was nice to play them and browse the Internet after a long day at School. My friends would occasionally visit and we'd load up RealOne Arcade and play Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 if we weren't playing games for PS2 or GameCube.

Anyway, it is still sort of functional. Some pages no longer work, but most do. Some people on YouTube have gotten the Sonic games to work. I don't have any RealOne Arcade ROM's right now, so I can't really play it. I've got many versions/releases of the Sonic games anyway, but it's nice to know this still exists. And speaking of other versions of classic Sonic games...

image.jpeg.f7954c7e57401c0fc12d9541608d6f9e.jpeg

image.jpeg.effa1e169627dff5c25a42330ff38019.jpeg

image.jpeg.923df7a6cce4e942578c251c4df8bfd7.jpeg

I downloaded Sega Ages Sonic the Hedgehog on Switch. It has most of the added features from the 3DS version (3D Sonic the Hedgehog), like the Spin Dash and filter options. It also has the Ring Keeper mode from 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2, and the Drop Dash from Sonic Mania. But the best addition is the inclusion of the Mega Play Arcade version of Sonic the Hedgehog.

image.jpeg.6eb7fe6c59d1e366a610068b1173fc5f.jpeg

It's been over five years since the Switch was released, and a Switch version of DuckTales Remastered still hasn't been released. I've waited long enough, so I decided to just buy it on Steam for $4 Canadian.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 5

45 minutes ago, MegaMan52 said:

image.jpeg.87faed71120c2ef3100af192f612c3f0.jpeg

image.jpeg.26f2f0bfc9c880775c1e3d3c9c3b3a04.jpeg

Found this at The Salvation Army. Cost $7 Canadian. Used to have it on the Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt/World Class Track Meet cartridge in 2006. NES games are rarely seen at my local thrift stores nowadays, so I bought this knowing it would be gone the next time I visit. It works fine; I didn't have to fiddle with it.

image.jpeg.26bbb9344477cf4cc656fbe3eb5c54bc.jpeg

image.jpeg.224e7a57b8d4d15fb455b5581a8f588d.jpeg

Also found at The Salvation Army. This copy of Gran Turismo 5 is complete and in pretty good shape. The Afterglow Controller is in okay shape; a little rough on the top. These were also $7 Canadian.

image.jpeg.c20b97a042c2d246e06a41950065ba73.jpeg

Another Salvation Army pickup: Season three of The X Files on DVD. Used to watch this series a lot on TV. I also have both X Files movies on Blu-ray in one package.

image.jpeg.f28c03ddc2d7779367ec68b1c3756453.jpeg

Bought this Mario Switch Controller at Walmart. It is wired instead of wireless, which explains why it cost me $30 instead of $70. For a few years now, the only Switch Controllers in my collection were the neon Joy-Cons that came with my Switch and a GameCube-style wireless Controller. I also saw afterglow Switch Controller when I got this, which looked similar to the PS3 Controller (and is from the same company, I believe). I also saw Cruis 'n Blast for $30. They had two copies, so maybe I'll buy one next week (or sometime this month).

image.jpeg.c6e773e60ea3e7522e48712f69a06fe3.jpeg

Found these at Value Village. Both are sealed. I already have all of the Rocky movies on Blu-ray (including Creed and Creed 2), so my main reason for buying the collection was for Hoosiers and Dodgeball. As for the Terminator, I have Terminator 1 & 2 on Blu-ray, watched Terminator 3 on TV many years ago, and watched Terminator: Dark Fate with my brother a few years ago. So, I've got a little bit of catching up to do.

image.jpeg.1ce130535734283e3245f68c3e7d47a2.jpeg

image.jpeg.d92412c91d442466c4e97cfe4d3ec47d.jpeg

Now HERE'S a blast from the Internets past: the RealOne Arcade application. I remember downloading this on my Windows 98 Computer in 2003, and played Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Sonic the Hedgehog 3 on it. I had (and still have) Sonic Mega Collection for GameCube, so I played the demos instead of the games. The prices were a little ridiculous considering Sonic Mega Collection was only about $20 at that point. Still, I browsed the Internet for hours at the time and wasn't always playing my game systems so this application came in handy if I wanted to play some Sonic games on my Computer. It was nice to play them and browse the Internet after a long day at School. My friends would occasionally visit and we'd load up RealOne Arcade and play Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 if we weren't playing games for PS2 or GameCube.

Anyway, it is still sort of functional. Some pages no longer work, but most do. Some people on YouTube have gotten the Sonic games to work. I don't have any RealOne Arcade ROM's right now, so I can't really play it. I've got many versions/releases of the Sonic games anyway, but it's nice to know this still exists.

Please tell me you are just using a window 7 skin and aren't actually still using Windows 7 😆

5 hours ago, Brickman said:

Please tell me you are just using a window 7 skin and aren't actually still using Windows 7 😆

Still using Windows 7. Don't regret it either. Got Microsoft Edge as my browser, and Norton 360 Deluxe for virus protection. And since I appreciate retro stuff, I recently downloaded this Aquarium Screensaver from 2004: 

image.jpeg.66c8a14faa54902af9bf0175642c91f8.jpeg

image.jpeg.bf85cae3d672856c97311b3f606c9709.jpeg

Maybe someday I'll buy an old Computer with Windows 98 on it, since I miss the way MIDI's sounded on the Windows 98 Computer I used to have in the early 2000's.

@MiamiSlice Yep, same company.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow! 2