IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Did a PlayAsia order and decided to pad it out with some stuff from their retro section that was on sale. I’ve always wanted to get a tin can GB release and now I have one. Also was glad that Ghost Blade got a reprint, I had missed that one in the first wave.

cpqxyxr.jpg

Also got Axiom Verge 1 & 2 with the strategy guide in from LRG, and walked into Best Buy for Xenoblade 3 on release date because I could not wait to start playing.

P9NZbYQ.jpg

Had some nice bundle deals on GB games on Mercari and eBay and was able to add these. 

MDMpyRN.jpg

Lastly, pulled the trigger on a few items that were on my wantlist. The 3DS guide is in bad shape but for just shy of $15 it was worth it to finally get this uncommon bonus issue into my set 🙂

RKrSW1z.jpg

• Like 15

So, I'm still saving most of my pennies for PRGE, but in the meantime, a few things came out and a few things came in!

I was re-working a shelf a few weeks ago and picked out a few games to cull, when I realized that I'd never bought a physical copy of Tokyo Jungle. Luckily, $10 w/free shipping from Japan was a pretty sweet deal 😉 

Otherwise, Live A Live came out and FE came in (ordering something in addition to XenoBlade Chronicles 3 was the only way I was able to get my order to work) which I got because I tried it at my sister's house and enjoyed it way more than I thought I would. Omori is one I've been waiting for for a while; I get 'psychological horror meets Earthbound' vibes, so I'm in.

7YiPy17LTNa90vlKTRftaQ.jpg.71e739cd6140ca4446740b981e3a9a0a.jpg

And finally, after what...a year? (or something like that)...my order that had Castlevania Collection, Mega Man: Wily Wars, and Pixel Junk Eden finally showed up!

B6Ue7URyQw-0_vzM28VJPQ.jpg.3f94358f02d4b574a86a75e4870c0962.jpg

And that's it for now. In another week or so, I should have another box of stuff from my locker in the US; only 4 games, but I'm very excited (finally finished my NGPC collection!!!). 'Till then, later everyone and good luck on the hunt!

• Like 14

image.jpeg.1c8f4c9bebd7d2bb12680ea7399caadc.jpeg

image.jpeg.f9f3b554c84869b5d0ac5784e13d0554.jpeg

image.jpeg.17b72be38a8cbe6d26298d8ef8258186.jpeg

image.jpeg.df0f754f36d0158a70407aae7663ac85.jpeg

image.jpeg.91a13eefd65b68660ea7dfcf5ff2cddf.jpeg

image.jpeg.747a8b8847bb4cd3c615c7007c27a483.jpeg

image.jpeg.f734a82e43df2b3db5466b6c236cc06b.jpeg

Received my physical copy of TMNT: Shredder's Revenge on Switch. This is the Signature Edition Games Special Edition, so this is another addition to my collection of imports. The shipping was pretty fast.

I don't buy Collector's/Special Editions very often. The last one I bought was the Bubble Bobble 4 Friends package from Strictly Limited Games. My main reasons for buying this package are because I wanted a physical copy of the game, and imports are my favorite items to collect. I also wanted that Soundtrack CD.

image.jpeg.63296138068893b55675a62f601c2d35.jpeg

In case you're wondering, I got Donatello's bandana/mask. Which is fine; Raph and Donnie are my favorite Ninja Turtles.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 9
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 1

This was $120 today for all the GBA stuff, originally posted around $175 recently, I wrote the person originally see if they'd split the pouch and PSC game out for which they were ok with $40 (which is what the pouch and game are worth individually alone.)  But in the end they were moving out of town, sadly forgot the charger, ended up because of that at where I said.  It's in really great shape, had this model already but not the plate but this one is US, the one I have already is JP.  Counting the beater and my famicom/mario style display piece that's 4.  And Super C was another $25 from the small business a mile from here I know the owner at going in enough, hadn't hit the floor yet and I was somehow missing it.  A good 45min detour out of my way day well worth it.

aug-2-22finds.jpg

• Like 9
  • Love 1

4 packages in one day. Well Hotline Miami is fantastic so finally bought the switch version. Mushihimesara looks awesome. I almost bought Oninaki once before but went with Crystar. I finally remembered the game and ordered a copy. I skip most red art games but the have been putting out some quality lately and  Endocrisis looks like something for me 🙂IMG_9097.JPG.5a6e569ae8ab55786b340f56c44559f9.JPG

• Like 7

Got this super-clean copy of everyone's favorite bearded man/banjo simulator off eBay for $135 (after taxes/shipping)! The box has a few minor blemishes, but the cart/manual don't even look like they've been touched/opened.  Alas, it is too nice for my collection, so it is available in my trade thread - Check it out!

411370215_IMG_16791.thumb.JPG.fe461507ebbf948cc8d6e90bba8d63b7.JPG

• Like 9
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Imma need some details and first impressions!

The projector is a Samsung LSP9T ultra short throw. This style of projector is also known as a "laser TV". It sits on the TV stand right in front of the screen.

I paired it with a 120" gray screen and 5.1 speaker system. Initial impression is I'm blown away 😄. The projector is Samsung's flagship and is supposed to have colors equal to an OLED TV. Contrast is great but not as good as an OLED. Brightness is excellent since the light source is right next to the screen.

Here's another picture of a scene with vibrant colors. It has a little too much red tint that I later fixed.

MporIwh.jpg

Overall I'd say it's a massive upgrade in all respects. I can't get over the 120" screen size. No TV today can match that.

Edited by bowser
  • Like 2
  • Love 4

21 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Geez looked that up, $6500 projector?!  That's nuts, but it does look great.  Shame there isn't a class of projector 10% or less of that cost that does solid quality and close in to the wall too.

I actually got a good deal on it. $4500 shipped brand new. 

• Like 2

Administrator · Posted
2 hours ago, Naked Warrior said:

Got this super-clean copy of everyone's favorite bearded man/banjo simulator off eBay for $135 (after taxes/shipping)! The box has a few minor blemishes, but the cart/manual don't even look like they've been touched/opened.  Alas, it is too nice for my collection, so it is available in my trade thread - Check it out!

411370215_IMG_16791.thumb.JPG.fe461507ebbf948cc8d6e90bba8d63b7.JPG

I want this.

• Like 1

More Mega Drive coming through!

IMG20220806160609.jpg.abffe4ca1f0acf32b19be40b1a31652f.jpg

Started picking up a few more Koei strategy games... Kinda bittersweet seeing as they look super cool, which is awesome, but actually playing them is a nightmare due to the language barrier. Perhaps I will print out an online guide or something to help me muddle through one of these at some point!

Got another Mickey Mouse game there, actually World of Illusion is one of my childhood games, beautiful looking and really rich soundscape in that game!

I'm also happy with El Viento and Gynoug there for cheap(ish). I tried out El Viento for an hour or so already and it plays great so I'm super happy with that pickup, probably the best of this little bunch!

These games here also push me over the 200 mark for my Japanese set!!! 🥳

I'm quickly honing in on half the set here, although there's practically no more low hanging fruit to be found local here anymore...

If I want my Mega Drive journey to continue, which I most certainly do, it will be at increased expense from here on out, that's for sure, we're getting serious now! 😅

• Like 10
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, bowser said:

The projector is a Samsung LSP9T ultra short throw. This style of projector is also known as a "laser TV". It sits on the TV stand right in front of the screen.

I paired it with a 120" gray screen and 5.1 speaker system. Initial impression is I'm blown away 😄. The projector is Samsung's flagship and is supposed to have colors equal to an OLED TV. Contrast is great but not as good as an OLED. Brightness is excellent since the light source is right next to the screen.

Here's another picture of a scene with vibrant colors. It has a little too much red tint that I later fixed.

MporIwh.jpg

Overall I'd say it's a massive upgrade in all respects. I can't get over the 120" screen size. No TV today can match that.

Hard. Core. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Awoken said:

Googled the projector... quickly closed the tab... awesome but way out of my budget..

We bought 5 HD projectors for my school, one for each classroom. Total cost for all FIVE is considerably less than HALF the RRP on that badboy, and I can totally see why! 🤩

There is absolutely no comparison in the image, in terms of size, clarity, colour, contrast... That thing makes our regular projectors here look like a flashlight puppet show!

It's just incredible! 🤯

• Like 1

I ended up selling a box of manga I had today, had to head out of the county, then traffic led to me going another way.  And I went to the old guys shop I can find goodies at the most out of the way location I rarely hit.  A mini jackpot for myself, if you're into anime, and you love Golgo-13, you probably know it has all been out of print with toxic prices.  There had been 2 movies I had the Professional, but couldn't find Queen Bee short of $25+shipping on ebay, nope, so I waited.  He had it, clean disc, special edition, and just $7.  WIN.

Once the kid is in bed it's going on, totally underage inappropriate at so many levels. 😄

Also mail call, got Ranma 1/2 in the mail, paid $10 under average, and also paid 1/2 the going rate for the manual+poster sheet for Phantasy Star Collection for GBA which arrived today too.

• Like 1