IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

On 8/5/2022 at 7:38 PM, bowser said:

The projector is a Samsung LSP9T ultra short throw. This style of projector is also known as a "laser TV". It sits on the TV stand right in front of the screen.

I paired it with a 120" gray screen and 5.1 speaker system. Initial impression is I'm blown away 😄. The projector is Samsung's flagship and is supposed to have colors equal to an OLED TV. Contrast is great but not as good as an OLED. Brightness is excellent since the light source is right next to the screen.

Here's another picture of a scene with vibrant colors. It has a little too much red tint that I later fixed.

MporIwh.jpg

Overall I'd say it's a massive upgrade in all respects. I can't get over the 120" screen size. No TV today can match that.

That's a pretty sweet setup, I was thinking about going the projector route too.  How's the input latency on that thing?

Hi o/

I haven't come here recently but it is really interesting what you guys pick up, I should come more often 😊

In vacations in Belgium I found a lot of games I didn't have for my full set, and it made me happy so I'll share:
spacer.png
(Thanks drxandy 😀)

- Lemmings 2 was 12€, but I already had it...
- Kirby's Block Ball 10€ - I was very happy to find a Kirby I didn't know existed, and I've seen it sells for 40€ on eBay so it was a good deal 🙂
- Donkey Kong Land 3 and Popeye 2 were 8€
- And all the others were 5€

I was particularly happy with Last Action Hero, because I had my eyes on one for some time in a local shop but at 30€ with a teared label it was too expensive for me. But for 5€ I didn't hesitate!

And I was intrigued by Lucle since I never heard of it, and I see that it sells for 80€ on eBay 😮 so 5€ was a great find 😊
I need to investigate why it's so expensive!

Edited by Ulrizza
  • Like 12

Some new stuff! 

cnRjhDi.jpg

Got the Cytus Alpha and Deemo reprints and picked up a Story of Seasons Trio of Towns Capybara because I love the pre-order bonus animal plushies. 

6Gpe2vr.jpg

Bought some stuff from @Tyree_Cooper and it was shipped by sea! Here's Hong Kong Wii Play, Taiwan NSMB and Korea Wii Fit 🙂

Rn4hOYv.jpg

Also from Tyree, Toro Let's Party for PS3 and a 19xx notebook. And then from a recent trade, I got the Splatoon 2 art book, Pokken art cel pre-order bonus and Metal Gear Solid 3D. 

YloMGT2.jpg

My Cotton Reboot CE finally arrived after a long wait, don't know if I want to keep it though... but it does come with a lot of nice stuff!

8VxfUnk.jpg

And I got a stack of games from Limited Run 🙂 

• Like 14

It's been awhile since my last post.

I'm past the 5000 games in the collection now.

I got some more Gamecube, Wii and WiiU games.
I already own Ninja Gaiden on the WiiU but this one is sealed.
Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort are both on the same disc.

oGQexL5h.jpg

More GBC, GBA and Switch games:

d9P17sBh.jpg

I was lucky to find 3 Playtronic NES games in the same week and had to buy them.
Also found Space Megaforce for a great price and Megaman 6 with the purple border.

vKggmUGh.jpg

• Like 15
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 1

A box just sowed up from my US locker today, and it was freakin' sweet!

I introduced my wife to NBA Jam, and did we ever have a blast playing together (she wants the arcade machine now, lol). so I watched a comparison video on all the home versions and settled on the Saturn port...just waiting for the kids to go to bed so we don't have to fight for turns, lol.

Dive Alert: Becky's Version has eluded me for years and was the last game I needed for my NGPC collection. A deal came my way that was pretty sweet after such a long time of nothing regarding this game, so it's nice to put the NGPC collection to bed.

Under Defeat HD just made sense to me as opposed to wrangling the DC version, and NOS is still easy to come by for cheap; always down for another shoot 'em up!

bo0uSAQxQbKHo6_He3yT2g.jpg.80b43e106f211c199a18f6466c1d4459.jpg

Besides those 3, I'm on a mission to get the Koei SImulation Series games because I LOVE them (Nobunaga's Ambition was my gateway into these games) and Liberty or Death was my latest get. It's such a nice, complete copy that I had to pull the trigger; a few more to go now before I have all the ones I want.

81VP1rniRW2KzOk6RqZJug.jpg.8c9d9f23fe917d691c4c9b9efe009192.jpg

This box of games was a real treat to get today. The games provided laughs, critical thinking, and closure (in the case of Dive Alert). All the best on the hunt, everyone!

• Like 13
  • Love 1

Here's another one for the collection of imports: 

image.jpeg.df6fcff181406c4c0b4f936e8dc49ab5.jpeg

image.jpeg.d5da9842a9b19a1a36c9c254d2cc2a37.jpeg

image.jpeg.b0df9946ccfbd2262ce9c83aa4fa8e90.jpeg

image.jpeg.2434f8da600e2f0e33b713405983f5dc.jpeg

Got the Japanese release of Pac-Man World 2.

Unfortunately the GameCube version wasn't released in Japan, so I had to import the PS2 version (not that I mind; I like imports). The GameCube version was released in Europe, however, so I plan on importing it eventually.

Pac-Man World 2 has always been one of my favorite games on the GameCube (and also one of my favorite games released during that era) since I first played it in 2003, so it's nice to finally have the Japanese release of the game.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 10

Got an awesome deal on this lot. $135 shipped. Serial number matches on SP and manual which is great. Wario is unfortunately only box and manual but the rest are CIB. I have Crash and Mario Advance 4 so I'll sell those off. The PS5 charger is brand new but I don't have a PS5, but I'm sure I'll get one once the slim version comes around. Worst case, I'll sell those too.

1.png.36b9bff1f0c2a8001bcd4663d622cf60.png

• Like 9

More Wii U strategy guides! There's only one more that I want after this, but I'll keep it a mystery for now.

636961857_LatestWiiUGuides.png.169b8fd7b34bc7b035d47c664f680d31.png

The Tropical Freeze guide is one you don't see too often, and I had to wait a long time for an auction to pop up. I did win the auction, but there was one other bid right at the end. Thankfully they didn't bid enough!

1823829158_MarioSonicOlympics2016.png.08c83c1e94a76e1305f580b86755bea4.png

I bought this game because you can dress up your Miis in cute outfits and have them do gymnastics dances. Little did I know that it's actually the entire point of the game, as winning mini-game tournaments rewards you with clothing for your Miis, as well as money which you can spend on randomly selected clothing and stickers.

This game is so close to being a dress up game that I can't even believe it. I'm also totally okay with this fact. 😄

I highly recommend this game if you're infatuated with the Miis like I am, as in that regard I couldn't be happier with it. If you're a Mario or Sonic fan and want it for those characters, you'll probably be disappointed.

Next up, let's drool over Twilight Princess Link! 😍

800666313_TwilightPrincessLink.png.98d758c2e28db6764faaa27eac3a6acc.png

When I was a stupid sixteen year old who watched idiotic romance anime, I was WAY into Link from Twilight Princess. He's the perfect romance anime protagonist, being incredibly handsome; but a total nincompoop.

When Link is quietly listening to people, he always looks perfectly serious or has a loving smile. Yet as soon as he has to react to something, he's incredibly awkward and makes stupid faces. He's the perfect representation of a brainless trophy boyfriend, and was the apple of teenage Lynda's eye.🤣

AND NOW A SHIFT FROM WII U

I was planning to revisit the Wii when I finished with the Wii U, but then DJ Hero showed up at the game store.

459290323_DJHero.png.993b5c5822b700989882ca4a212ac377.png

The outer box has some damage, but I didn't give a $%&@ as I just wanted to play DJ Hero. I mentioned it in another thread, but DJ Hero was the greatest video game surprise of my entire life. Never had I expected so little from a game, and came away with so much.

While the turntable was and still is a cooler concept to me than the guitars ever were, the most important difference between DJ Hero and Guitar Hero is that the music doesn't suck. Guitar Hero is a series that plays all the same songs you've heard countless times on the radio to the point where you hate them all, but DJ Hero focused on a style of music that I hadn't been exposed to at the time.

The best part is that the song list consists entirely of original mash ups, which made me inclined to seek out the originals. DJ Hero was responsible for me finding my preferred taste in music, so it holds a special place in my heart. I'm also able to better appreciate the mash ups these days, and it just makes me love DJ Hero even more.

This is my favourite mash up in the game, which sent me towards the type of music that I still enjoy to this day.

That's all for me this time! 👋

Edited by Lynda Monica
  • Like 12

pickupsAUG2022_01.jpg.98398b84e318c8ab105aa37160eb6a64.jpg

My "Ultimate Fan Bundle" finally came today, weeks after everybody else got theirs.  Oh well, that's LRG for you.  After watching an unboxing on YouTube, I've decided just to keep them sealed up.  The shadow box is the best part of these and you can see it just fine as is.  I need to figure out something to do with the trading cards, maybe a frame where you can see them all.

• Like 10
  • Wow! 1

Some new goodies. Ganryu 2 was a random pickup looks cool. Reservoir Dogs looks like a game I will enjoy. Now im happy about SBK 2011 cause that was the last one i needed in that series on 360. Now I just need to complete the MOTO GP series.Secret Service should be easy to get but I have struggled finding a clean copy. Secret wars was the last one I needed to complete that trilogy on 360 😃1028318112_IMG_91741.JPG.cbe3b25f6cfc2f54c43f38ac9f6914d4.JPG

• Like 8

Friday mailbag (love it when stuff shows up just before the weekend!)

I had participated in the Kickstarter campaign for Retro Fighters' N64 controller project and really love those controllers, so when they launched the campaign for PS1/PS2/PS3 controllers, I backed without hesitation. The turnaround time was on point and they just arrived today; I'm going to do some testing tomorrow 😉

Mario Party 9 was the last Mario Party title I was missing, and I got it for next to nothing from someone in the UK who had NA region games, so no one else was buying them.

mSfMqy_VTFmN_EbfQFwE6w.jpg.11bd6e888203df6bda0283ae775915a8.jpg

Other than that, part of the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 CE came in from Nintendo, and my order from VGP finally shipped and arrived.

For months, I've been seeing people get - and be able to play - Andro Dunos 2, but I'd ordered the North American version for Switch which took until this week to release; finally, I can play a new shoot 'em up that looks awesome!

CNoqD_p5QpKMvM8ER61Wbg.jpg.9be94233e244818ad1853f5e61611d06.jpg

Between this stuff and the games that came in earlier this week (plus, I'm about 60hrs into Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition), my weekend is going to be pretty sweet (it's supposed to rain all weekend here on the island, so a good excuse to stay in and play :)

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

• Like 7

So on the way to get kiddo today from school, back to my daily HBP quick check and my eyes fell right on that nice harder to come by Ice Blue GB Pocket, amazing shape other than the partly rubbed away rear bar code sticker, the other stickers in rear it came with are nice, clean, lens too and was $50 which is more than fair, very fair.  And then I saw the game in the case for another $30 which is fine, almost left it, have a negative history with the franchise on the console side, but I wanted to try yet again with it.  It's such a style of game I know I could enjoy, but I never can...I never survive a season, nothing grows and starvation sets in.  I really really can't figure out how to play harvest moon on snes or n64 so I thought maybe this would be different?

So far, no...I think I killed my potatoes, they looked ready to pick so nothing picked, so I tried the hoe to pop them up, nope, tried the scythe, and that killed them I guess removing the leaves.  I'll have to restart it.  Ugh.

gbp-iceblue-harvestmoon.jpg

• Like 11
  • Love 1

Harvest Moon GB is super good Tanooki. 🙂 It's the only game in the series that I ever got into. I liked that there wasn't any dating in the GB games. Harvest Moon GB ate up my whole summer in 2016 when I first played it. There's a lot of things that aren't really told to you, so I suggest looking up a guide to see what your overall objectives are. You get rewarded with things depending on how well you farm, and there's no way of knowing them without looking into it.

• Like 3

Here are the latest

First is a bunch of smaller print games I buy through a facebook group dedicated to these things. The idea being to save on shipping  and to guarantee availability. No refreshing the LRG website hoping to get in queue and buy before they sell out.

image.thumb.jpeg.86ffabb316631e1da1ca8826ab18bfc5.jpeg

Next are the Wii and 3DS stuff. I have been looking for a decent deal on Shantae forever, I settled on paying CIB price for sealed copy. Metroid Federation Force is another sealed 3DS game and I lifted that from a bundle I got to resell. Now Spyborgs is an interesting purchase, the cover and back cover wouldn’t let you know it, but this is a beat ‘em up by Capcom and it’s entirely exclusive to the Wii. It flew under my radar for super long and when it came recommended in a video I was watching I knew I had  to have it. Got a fair deal on Layton vs Wright (40$ CAD below VGPC) and so I pulled the trigger there. Only game from the series I still need is Miles Edgeworth Investigations now. Rodea is also sealed, and won’t remain it, and I think this is lifted from another bundle.

image.thumb.jpeg.726ec79063ee7e04fa4ff81f0684a290.jpeg

I finally found my CIB Gun.Smoke. That’s a pretty hard game to track down CIB! I have childhood history with that game so I really wanted it, in this variant.  Mega Man 6 is also a favorite of mine, my favorite in the NES series and I won that on ebay (from one of you guys maybe?). It actually closed _below_ my maximum bid so can’t complain there. Ran me 325$ CAD shipped/customs, that’s actually very good. Return Fire comes from a local fellow hunter who dug it up. It has a couple things going on for me: it’s a staple of the 3DO library, it’s a longbox PS1 game and it was featured in the movie « In the Army » with Paulie Shore lol. My dude gave me a decent price so I bought it off him.

image.jpeg.f154b58535230fd5fb7b83ba0e347344.jpeg

Lastly I needed a new 8BitDo controller to play with the SNES Classic. The HORI Fighting gamepad for it is garbage.

image.jpeg

Edited by WhyNotZoidberg
  • Like 12
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 2

17 hours ago, Lynda Monica said:

Harvest Moon GB is super good Tanooki. 🙂 It's the only game in the series that I ever got into. I liked that there wasn't any dating in the GB games. Harvest Moon GB ate up my whole summer in 2016 when I first played it. There's a lot of things that aren't really told to you, so I suggest looking up a guide to see what your overall objectives are. You get rewarded with things depending on how well you farm, and there's no way of knowing them without looking into it.

I saw that it was missing that time waster, was quite the appeal to me it not being there as it wasn't in the SNES original either if I remember right.  I'm more about less is more, like how I'll always play Sim City (and maybe 2000) over any other because it got too bogged down in politics, environmentalist stuff, propaganda, whining advisors, social issues... just let me build the damn town. 😛  I saw Harvest Moon went into a tangent with not farming stuff more than the farming almost.  I realized it was the original game and direct sequel to the SNES so it would likely not get into the weeds so I grabbed it.

I did find a manual, but it's utterly not helpful which is strange.  The guides on gamefaqs aren't the super best either, may be one to watch a 30min youtube video on to get a clue.  I don't care if I get booted in a year, but I'd just like to get some idea how to properly plant, grow, harvest, and not starve/stamina to death after a month or two.

I'm not really actively collecting anymore outside of megaman, but i got these somewhat recently for a song, same store here has a damn near perfect MMV CIB on gameboy as well

Apparently came from a hoarder house that got foreclosed and survived rats in mint condition lolFVt3iD1XoAAB4A6.jpg.0f909dad7fdc1994d09363c90488a0f6.jpg

Edited by Laseki
  • Like 13
  • Wow! 3
  • Love 2

23 hours ago, Laseki said:

I'm not really actively collecting anymore outside of megaman, but i got these somewhat recently for a song, same store here has a damn near perfect MMV CIB on gameboy as well

Apparently came from a hoarder house that got foreclosed and survived rats in mint condition lolFVt3iD1XoAAB4A6.jpg.0f909dad7fdc1994d09363c90488a0f6.jpg

Off-topic, but the show, Hoarders, is really quite interesting!

I'm officially starting my Wii revisit!

1249456537_WiiGames.png.2c676a9a41fa1e5fddadb1fd8dbbf82d.png

I'm starting out by aiming for the best game that each major publisher put out, which is fun to do on the Wii due to its great third party support.

Final Fantasy The Crystal Bearers is one of the Wii's best kept secrets, and Trauma Center New Blood always gets unfairly discarded compared to the rest of the series. It always astounds me how little people care about Elebits considering how good it is, and Red Steel 2 is Ubisoft's forgotten masterpiece. Not a bad start, and it'll eat up my time until I can get the others I'm looking for. 🙂

Just a quick update for once, so that's all for me this time! 👋

Edited by Lynda Monica
  • Like 8