IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

I know this isn't some huge deal, unless there's a fan of it?  Earlier ago while I was waiting a bit to go back to my kids lesson I hit the game exchange, they got a few NES games in, mostly garbage, a couple I had already, but one stood out, a game I can't recall seeing since probably the old game second hand store local to me out west in the mid/later 1990s.  Not sure if it was low distribution or just my luck, but I dropped $10 on F-15 Strike Eagle w/manual.

I couldn't find much on it, other than what I knew, it was ported all over the place around 1991-92, so this was out after the SNES hit the market so would have never bought it. 😉  The manual is intense, lots of detail, explanations, quite a few button combos (but seemingly intuitive) to pull off all sorts of selections in flight.  The drawings in here are all like late 80s comic book style, pretty slick, I like it.  The manual has some minor-ish wear to it, nothing bad, no writing, game looks shiny nice.

Any of you familiar with it?

EDIT: Added image

IMG_7826.jpg

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I know this isn't some huge deal, unless there's a fan of it?  Earlier ago while I was waiting a bit to go back to my kids lesson I hit the game exchange, they got a few NES games in, mostly garbage, a couple I had already, but one stood out, a game I can't recall seeing since probably the old game second hand store local to me out west in the mid/later 1990s.  Not sure if it was low distribution or just my luck, but I dropped $10 on F-15 Strike Eagle w/manual.

I couldn't find much on it, other than what I knew, it was ported all over the place around 1991-92, so this was out after the SNES hit the market so would have never bought it. 😉  The manual is intense, lots of detail, explanations, quite a few button combos (but seemingly intuitive) to pull off all sorts of selections in flight.  The drawings in here are all like late 80s comic book style, pretty slick, I like it.  The manual has some minor-ish wear to it, nothing bad, no writing, game looks shiny nice.

Any of you familiar with it?

I own it. Only ever played it a few times despite owning it for years because my copy doesn’t really work most of the time. Haven’t played it in a while.

I remember thinking that the game wasn’t great. The manual that you have probably would have helped. The intro was pretty cool. You have the choice of multiple missions before taking off. I also remember there being a pretty clear voice telling you to take off the carrier. That’s all I remember liking of the game.

It seems like most people like the game. Maybe if I gave it more time I might like it. There’s a SNES version (or sequel?) that looks like a lot of fun.

1 hour ago, Matt 4120 said:

I own it. Only ever played it a few times despite owning it for years because my copy doesn’t really work most of the time. Haven’t played it in a while.

I remember thinking that the game wasn’t great. The manual that you have probably would have helped. The intro was pretty cool. You have the choice of multiple missions before taking off. I also remember there being a pretty clear voice telling you to take off the carrier. That’s all I remember liking of the game.

It seems like most people like the game. Maybe if I gave it more time I might like it. There’s a SNES version (or sequel?) that looks like a lot of fun.

I will say the manual is vital. What little I can dig off the internet, if you don't know what general order the stages should be done you're screwed, and if you don't know how to properly select your defensive chaff and flare (vs when to use which) you're dead meat as well.  It's lightly arcadey, but largely more sim sided with button combos that are intuitive enough not to hinder like WC/WCSM on SNES.  Knowing what I do, those you read about probably are right.  You have to start with the top one Libya, it's like a training mission, but most probably due to the desert storm war would just rush to Baghdad which is the pro last mission which will eat you alive unless you're good, so it would be a rude awakening.

SNES (and Genesis) game are the sequel under the name Super Strike Eagle/Strike Eagle II from what I can tell.  The original did also a year after NES (93) get a solid Gameboy conversion.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1

Two cool releases. I thought I had missed out on Sturmwind but the site still has it ( Pix'n Love 3000 copies ).

Horigihugh pretty much sold out fast and I thought I missed it but ended up ordering it from a store that had it "expected" which is a gamble cause usually they wont get more or not enough but it arrived today 😊IMG_8413.JPG.bfc3d39c872e07f1c53493cef0ba95dd.JPG

• Like 7

1037630534_PacManGianaSisters.png.027973ce6c2f0ebe4ab1753d0f0b2722.png

Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2 is similar to the first one, but refined and improved in every way. While I don't recommend the first one at all, I can recommend the sequel to Wii U owners who want more games to play.

If you're the type of person who can contextualize something high quality made on a low budget, I think you'll be impressed by Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2. While it doesn't live up to the standards of the best games out there, the circumstances of its development make it a triumph.

Asking a small developer to make a sequel to a tie-in game in under a year with next to no money is a recipe for disaster, but the finished product somehow manages to stand proud as a very decent Pac-Man game.

Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams was a sequel to the 2011 reboot of the series, and was made to separate the series entirely from its past as a Super Mario Bros. clone. I've been itching to play this game for a long time now, but never wanted to pay more for a physical copy than what it costs on the eShop. I ended up paying $25.00, which was pretty close.

1022582699_GuitarHeroLive.png.0b8d9e1c0512439a7e1f2a89bd1c0beb.png

I recently said some unkind things about Guitar Hero on the site, but I found the Guitar Hero Live set at a garage sale for twenty dollars. It was pretty hard to pass up, so cut me some slack if this feels hypocritical. 😔

193864828_GuidesandCards.png.95b428ca614a73158c495eb7e2c9eaac.png

I bought the Resident Evil guide at the same garage sale for fifteen dollars, and it turns out it was kind of a steal. (It's pretty expensive online) The Nintendo Land guide I ordered a while ago, and it finally showed up yesterday. The three amiibo cards round out all eighteen abilities in Desert Island Escape, meaning that I'm FINALLY finished shopping for Animal Crossing amiibo Festival! 🥳

Edited by Lynda Monica
  • Like 9
  • Wow! 1

Haven't posted in a while so a lot of stuff to share I guess. 

Y74iBub.jpg

Got a CIB Donkey Kong Land 3 at a nice price, seems like there's some nice prices to be had on eBay compared to 6 months ago. The rest are deals from Amazon Prime Day sales. 

DRmhQzo.jpg

Sealed Dr Seuss is another eBay deal, someone was auctioning off a bunch of sealed GBA games all starting at $49.99 each, and I guess everyone was busy fighting over the real good stuff because I picked this up as the sole bidder. 

Unravel Two and FE Fates Conquest are both brand new finds from PNP Games Online. Was surprised to see they still have NA region copies of Conquest and with the current exchange rate the price is a good deal. 

I fomo'd into the AI Somnium Files Nirvana Initiative CE from Amazon, found a nice deal on Metal Slug Anthology (just under $10 shipped), got Puyo Pop in a trade, and the other Wii games were a private bundle deal, a little cheaper than eBay prices. 

LPrjqVl.jpg

Got another issue of NF magazine in. Found some promo items on eBay, an Animal Crossing City Folk magnet set, a DSi home screen icons pin set, and a lanyard for the Pac Man Party lanyard variant. Also got the Super Mario Strikers bag from My Nintendo. Still on track for a full set of that stuff. So many bags, so many disappointing rewards compared to what they get in Europe... but we soldier on!

uSxynOc.jpg

Got the Sunbreak CE because whatever, Alex Kidd was another Amazon Prime Day deal, finally pulled the trigger on the Deal or No Deal SE bundle for DS, (ignore the black blob, I accidentally included something I had posted before!), and then the Susan G. Komen DS Lite and the Guitar Hero handheld are pulled from a recent local haul. 

XLVsogc.jpg

These drawstring bags are also from the same haul. 

7SIa5VV.jpg

And this lamp. 

OK a couple more small pickups: 

CscgSHx.jpg

Zack and Wiki with rare lenticular puzzle. I have no idea what is the story behind this variant, it doesn't say anything about being a retailer exclusive or anything else. 

X8TgUMs.jpg

And this Toys R Us exclusive variant of The Smurfs Dance Party. Sometimes these variants would have the same disc as the standard version and just have a paper insert that tells you a code to unlock the bonus track. This one doesn't go that route, instead it has a different disc and UPC code from the standard version. Imagine that level of effort!

OK I think that is all for now. 

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 10
  • Love 1

The Salvation Army pickups: 

skylandersfigure.jpg.323d20bc63f7edadbea5901df1ef15dd.jpg

I'm not all that into Skylanders (I prefer playing the real Spyro the Dragon games). I do like some of the figures, though, and I found this one for $2 Canadian. I thought this was Spyro, but...he really doesn't look anything like Spyro.

threestoogesdvdset.jpg.1f1bb5f7825084d4845ed73d2dcf6145.jpg

Also from The Salvation Army, I found this Three Stooges collector's edition DVD set for $7 still sealed.

Walmart pickups: 

cruisnblastswitchpic.jpg.86feff2d48a0bb4fd2ac6b678e894f2a.jpg

Last week, I mentioned that I saw two copies of Cruis'n Blast mixed in with the discounted games at Walmart. They were still there, so I made sure to buy a copy this week.

I like the first three Cruis'n games (Arcade and N64 versions), but haven't paid much attention to this series since the N64 era. I believe there are Cruis'n games for Game Boy Advance and Wii, but I've yet to play them. I did notice some videos of the Arcade version of Cruis'n Blast a few years ago, and was happy that this series was still going. But, I knew the chances of me finding the Arcade version were slim (Pac-Man Battle Royale came out in 2010, and I got a chance to play the original Arcade version only just last month). So, I'm glad it was released on Switch. Not sure why I didn't buy this last year; maybe I couldn't find it at any of my local stores.

peppapigswitchpic.jpg.63dcb7759e88d6877a60d069129bb353.jpg

...What? Why are you guys looking at me in a funny way? I've had a lot of stress issues in the last several years, and especially this year (to the point where I've had some serious blood pressure issues). Cartoons, both retro ones I watched when I was a kid and modern ones, help me relax. From what I've noticed watching videos of this game, it may also be a good way to help keep me calm.

smbcollectorsbox.jpg.8d3b4aa671f544735e0ceddbf501dce8.jpg

Found this cool Super Mario Bros. collector's box that includes a Mario figure and a cartridge that looks very similar to the actual Super Mario Bros. NES cartridge. The box says it also includes a Bullet Bill Plush, a Hat, and a set of Pins.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 8

5 minutes ago, MegaMan52 said:

peppapigswitchpic.jpg.63dcb7759e88d6877a60d069129bb353.jpg

This game is really good. I play it with my kids. It’s literally like an interactive Peppa Pig episode. Looks just like the show. Fully voiced. You can visit lots of places and meet lots of characters. Definitely head to the museum and do the part where George imagines being a dinosaur. It’s a riot.

• Like 2

I drove way too far to a community yard sale that was a complete bust and there was another one 20 mins further out of my way that I almost turned around and started the drive home half way there but luckily I didn't first house I went to had a stack of 5 Gameboy color games for $25. I looked through them and found this bad boy. Asked if she'd sell one for $5 and she said sure 😎

PXL_20220716_003351289_MP.jpg.73893a746d61a553aebb045fde79037f.jpg

I also got a Xbox One X for $115 so I can finally replace my Xbox One that's 6 years old! 

I some how snatched these away from the boomer driving around a 150 with 3 separate yellow signs that say John Buy Video Games 1-882-IEATASS who was racing around the neighborhood the whole time. So either he passed on both or I got to the sales before he did. Either way, it's not often I add games to my collection from yard sales so today was a rare win. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I drove way too far to a community yard sale that was a complete bust and there was another one 20 mins further out of my way that I almost turned around and started the drive home half way there but luckily I didn't first house I went to had a stack of 5 Gameboy color games for $25. I looked through them and found this bad boy. Asked if she'd sell one for $5 and she said sure 😎

PXL_20220716_003351289_MP.jpg.73893a746d61a553aebb045fde79037f.jpg

I also got a Xbox One X for $115 so I can finally replace my Xbox One that's 6 years old! 

I some how snatched these away from the boomer driving around a 150 with 3 separate yellow signs that say John Buy Video Games 1-882-IEATASS who was racing around the neighborhood the whole time. So either he passed on both or I got to the sales before he did. Either way, it's not often I add games to my collection from yard sales so today was a rare win. 

I tried calling that number and it sent me directly to WATA.  Then I tried 1-800 and finally got through to GoCollect.  I appreciate their underground marketing 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

This game is really good. I play it with my kids. It’s literally like an interactive Peppa Pig episode. Looks just like the show. Fully voiced. You can visit lots of places and meet lots of characters. Definitely head to the museum and do the part where George imagines being a dinosaur. It’s a riot.

My daughter loves that show. Will probably pick this up, but worried I might raise her expectations to fast by skipping the older stuff.

It’s been a few months since my last pick up. Here’s some new stuff.

I picked up WarioWare: Get it Together at some point. It’s been so long that I don’t remember when I got it.

9B8177DB-DAA7-4708-BDBF-CC5DE3C1AE90.thumb.jpeg.d72ec276112e2ce2ac5410475e945fd4.jpeg

I got tired of collecting NES after I picked up that last bunch of games. In recent times I started collecting for the SNES. I decided to get the hyperkin mouse as well.

C94A23C8-1FAD-46DB-9686-442B3452F47D.jpeg.e2a2f4c7803276bdf546cee4a0a678be.jpegC7B5EC24-0A47-4499-998A-7E3CFC2912DD.jpeg.dea9383f4fc519bd759a9092c6890af7.jpeg

Next I started to collect North American games. Some of the games aren’t in great shape especially on the back of them but they all work and that’s what’s important to me. I really like the Super Gameboy. It’s cool seeing gameboy games on TV and I like fiddling with the colour palates.8BE1CA7F-0B43-4D0F-B902-971B611920AC.thumb.jpeg.df7d1acaad6d414031fcb45f76f6f06f.jpeg

E4C03954-490F-4B2D-87A7-2BC97067EFD2.jpeg.a22863666696e1afec87770f7ddfc0cf.jpeg

I also started to collect some Super Famicom games. I haven’t played Super Mario Kart in a long time, I remembered just how fun it is. Mario’s Picross is cool too. I didn’t know it was a mouse compatible game until recently.

E5BC0098-394A-4BF8-A984-35AB76BC46E4.jpeg.2c829408f2822085604acb2ca7d7eb64.jpeg

Finally we have a few Japanese Gameboy games. Most of the games here I put hours into on various platforms, especially on Golf and Mario Land 2.

Also I have to say, I really like the artwork on Golf and Baseball. Feels a lot different than what we got in North America. Maybe not everyone likes them, but I had a lot of fun playing them as kid.

6549DD7F-216C-4DC2-80E0-CA007E90934C.thumb.jpeg.244b2a5f0cc6d7a824eeda7b503e9482.jpeg

That’s it for now. Thanks for reading.

• Like 10

On 7/15/2022 at 6:13 PM, MegaMan52 said:

The Salvation Army pickups: 

skylandersfigure.jpg.323d20bc63f7edadbea5901df1ef15dd.jpg

I'm not all that into Skylanders (I prefer playing the real Spyro the Dragon games). I do like some of the figures, though, and I found this one for $2 Canadian. I thought this was Spyro, but...he really doesn't look anything like Spyro.

That's actually Cynder. She's from the second set of Spyro games called "The Legend of Spyro". I remember when Skylanders were still new, Cynder was a difficult one to get since both Spyro fans AND Skylanders fans wanted her. These days she's just as common as everything else from the first game. 🙂

Her figure from the second game is a little better, but for Skylanders fans the first figure is just as iconic as any of the others. 🙂

4 hours ago, Lynda Monica said:

That's actually Cynder. She's from the second set of Spyro games called "The Legend of Spyro". I remember when Skylanders were still new, Cynder was a difficult one to get since both Spyro fans AND Skylanders fans wanted her. These days she's just as common as everything else from the first game. 🙂

Her figure from the second game is a little better, but for Skylanders fans the first figure is just as iconic as any of the others. 🙂

Yeah, I have Legend of Spyro on GameCube. Hardly recognize the characters in Skylanders, though. I barely even recognize Spyro...he looks very different compared to the real Spyro games.

spyrocollection.jpg.7b08337dcd35aedf6b7348f161545311.jpg

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 4

This week's pickup:

image.jpeg.a336aabcb19b92d4f59baba3a8a3f4b5.jpeg

image.jpeg.bd7d2d02270d869b47401594b6cab46b.jpeg

image.jpeg.d4a057bf8508fa31acd7c46b4ad87a92.jpeg

Pac-Man My Arcade Pocket Player. Local purchase. Has Pac-Man, Pac-Mania, and Pac-Panic (the European release of Pac-Attack). Has Headphone and USB ports. Runs on four AAA Batteries.

image.jpeg.00e70e46d87735677517e2ef42fbf74d.jpeg

Interestingly, it includes the Sega Genesis version of Pac-Mania instead of the Arcade version. It's missing the title screen, though, and the main menu lacks animation.

image.jpeg.78aca88572cf9ef8dba8655928363f15.jpeg

image.jpeg.be16043d3dce1c6163fde8f289d3bbae.jpeg

This version of Pac-Attack is similar the GBA version (from Pac-Man Collection), in that it is basically a port of the Genesis version and lacks the Versus mode. However, unlike the GBA version, the music is full-length and you can enter your name on the score screen (still doesn't save scores, though). The Puzzle mode music, which was removed in the GBA version, is also included in this version. However, the audio sounds kind of different than the Genesis version. While the GBA version has shorter music, the audio in that version sounds closer to being like the Genesis version. The music for the Normal mode is still catchy in this version, though.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 7

13 minutes ago, MegaMan52 said:

image.jpeg.a336aabcb19b92d4f59baba3a8a3f4b5.jpeg

Pac-Man My Arcade Pocket Player. Local purchase. Has Pac-Man, Pac-Mania, and Pac-Panic (the European release of Pac-Attack).

image.jpeg.00e70e46d87735677517e2ef42fbf74d.jpeg

Interestingly, it includes the Sega Genesis version of Pac-Mania instead of the Arcade version. It's missing the title screen, though, and the main menu lacks animation.

image.jpeg.78aca88572cf9ef8dba8655928363f15.jpeg

image.jpeg.be16043d3dce1c6163fde8f289d3bbae.jpeg

This version of Pac-Attack is similar the GBA version (from Pac-Man Collection), in that it is basically a port of the Genesis version and lacks the Versus mode. However, unlike the GBA version, the music is full-length and you can enter your name on the score screen (still doesn't save scores, though). The Puzzle mode music, which was removed in the GBA version, is also included in this version. However, the audio sounds kind of different than the Genesis version. While the GBA version has shorter music, the audio in that version sounds closer to being like the Genesis version.

That's a nice selection of games but how is the directional pad? I would get very frustrated if I had to play Pac Man with a bad pad. 

3 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

That's a nice selection of games but how is the directional pad? I would get very frustrated if I had to play Pac Man with a bad pad. 

Not as good as, say, the NES or Game Boy, but not too bad. It's fairly responsive, and comfortable. My biggest issue with the controls is that you have to press A to rotate blocks in Pac-Attack...a minor complaint, but I feel like I should be pressing B instead (and sometimes do).

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 1

Watch it boys, I'm packing heat! 😎

IMG20220718121025.jpg.34633269381183530c83cf61bd8ca49b.jpg

Thrustmaster Beretta 92FS, the most deadly OG XBOX lightgun available.

IMG20220718120943.jpg.17162c70bce7cd65d7b1d5bef267d64f.jpg

It makes you feel powerful just holding it, like how God feels when He's holding an XBOX lightgun.

So... Go ahead, punks. Make my day.

IMG_20220718_135228.thumb.jpg.d52d9e1b9578395bd2cc513279cd2294.jpg

Edited by OptOut
  • Like 6
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2