IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

I came across a yard sale and got to talking to the mom and she said this was only the second yard sale they ever had so I figured it was worth a shot that the video games were still in there. Sure enough a DS and a Wii w/ games were hiding in there. I ended up paying $1 each for the games w these being the only ones making their way into the collection.

My buddy actually got Dual Strike from a yard sale earlier in the summer and when he did I told him I get the next Advanced Wars games.

PXL_20220820_194522176_MP.jpg.7548970944730af043c3a05034ac662e.jpg

• Like 10
  • Love 2

@DorkOverlord Oh wow, so much Tiger and Konami, if I didn't think you got that on purpose to keep I'd ask for that Gradius you have there, I miss mine I had years ago.  Gauntlet and Ninja Gaiden are really solid choices though too.

And now for the blowout of fun. 🙂

I mentioned how half price had that deal going on 50% movies, well I exploited it more today, but elsewhere and then some.

Been a very lucky day today, last few days really.  Today went into a few places, the second one was a game exchange that has anime. That top row, $5 for the first, $1/ea for the other 3 on a clearance space. Then across to the half price, they're doing a 50% off weekend, and they put some goodies out. Night Walker both parts, Steamboy, Devil Man, Please Teacher were half off.  Didn't know that location did that so it was lucky, the one near me the day earlier I got the Fireflies and Dragonball for half off (DB was new too.)  Obviously I didnt image GITS2, Fireflies, and also the Macross II I had coming in the mail I saved large on, took forever media mail from hawaii...bleh.

Oh not imaged, I got a killer deal in the mail today on Dragon Warrior Monsters for GBC $15 is a lot better than $30+ on that one, loved the game when I was in college when it came out, couldn't put it down until I finished it, maybe I can repeat that.

anime-gbc.JPG

• Like 11
  • Love 1

image.jpeg.3476529588b3c7d701a416d6a4ead1a6.jpeg

image.jpeg.cf72efa96a9a09f381683b1174b7b2c3.jpeg

Found this Skylanders Search and Find book at the Salvation Army. It cost $2 (Canadian). The book is clean and appears to be in near-mint condition.

image.jpeg.6fbf4572ad35e9e726cf447ed89fcfa3.jpeg

image.jpeg.9cfd0808f47fdfa35764c108a6e23bcb.jpeg

image.jpeg.7fdb1efad32a78d0921dc78cf8aed0a9.jpeg

Went to McDonald's and bought a Cheeseburger Happy Meal. This is the first Happy Meal I've had since 1998 or so. 

When the employee was putting my meal in the box, I was a little worried. I read some news articles about people not getting a Pokémon-themed box or any Pokémon cards. But once I received my meal, I was satisfied. The box is not the Pikachu box that was shown in various news articles, but it still has Pikachu on it. Got a pack of four cards as well.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 5

As I'm buying all of these Wii games I used to love as a teenager, I'm remembering why it's my favourite video game system of all time. So many fun games came out for it, even if they didn't always end up being perfect. ☺️

403797246_WiiGamesfromPhone.png.3e3359f64585931f8b081838e308a42f.png

Excite Truck was released for the Wii at launch, and it's sad how it often gets forgotten about. It's a wildly fun ride despite some glaring issues, and it's my favourite game in the Excite series.

Metroid Other M is the infamous Nintendo sequel that made the internet explode, and I've never seen such a wild overreaction to a video game before or since. Those of us who played Other M simply because it was a big first party release were actually pretty happy with it.

Also I'll be the first to just say it out loud so everyone else can, but Samus looked damn great in that Zero Suit. 😍 I wanted to cosplay as Zero Suit Samus so badly in my 20s and go to an event, but I never had the guts to do it.

Donkey Kong Country Returns is a game I didn't play when it came out, but now I'm really enjoying it! I'm enjoying it way more than Tropical Freeze, which I thought was too chaotic and unfair.

Pokemon Battle Revolution is strictly for fans of the series, as it's a mixture between Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Colosseum's battle mode. The game is pretty short if you're just aiming for the end credits, but the post-game is where the game really starts for serious battlers. I'm not too into competitive Pokemon, so I'm always content to just use rentals and beat the first loop. 🙂

Animal Crossing is a series I've not delved into very much as I struggle to understand what the point of it is. I thought I'd give City Folk a try though, mainly because the city aspect sounds fun and different.

FlingSmash is great little game that doesn't get any love at all. It's not a masterpiece or anything, but it's always been an adorable and energetic little game. There's a small group of fans that have made Google's audience reviews pretty meme-tastic, so I recommend giving them a read as they're pretty funny.

Nights Journey of Dreams is pretty rough around the edges, but I'm still very nostalgic for it. This is the Nights game I had, and I don't care if people think it's worse than the Saturn game. 🙂

Samba De Amigo was a pretty fun one, though it doesn't work too well on the harder difficulties. If you just play on normal and don't worry about your score too much, it's a fun game to play around with. I played a lot of it during the Wii's release drought in 2008.

I'm planning to pick up some more stuff on Wednesday, but that's all for me this time! 👋

• Like 13

Finally found some hard to find Japanese GC games. Some of these I've been waiting for at least a year to show up CIB. The Super Puzzle Bobble is sealed and I got it for cheaper than an opened copy, don't worry I'll be eventually releasing it from it's plastic tomb. I've also started buying Official Japanese Nintendo GC guides because they're so cheap, so why not? Now I can finally find all those annoying blue coins in Mario Sunshine.

IMG_4311.JPG.70fa528e0fbe3650e5f300896b32a63e.JPG 

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Saw these and figured it was a decent enough pick-up. 

Mario 2 is faded, and they (obviously) have some condition issues but I'm okay with a little character. My SMB is missing the whole top tab. 🤷‍♂️

Wanted to grab them at some point and these were decently Priced. $40/each, no tax. Got 7 neons too, buddy had them stashed in the back. $15+ tax. 

$96.92 CAD all in. I'm cool with it. 

SMB2-3 Fronts.jpg

SMB 2-3 Backs.jpg

Neons.jpg

• Like 10

August Amplifying

Three choice picks from my local shop

xGYxzzt.jpg

some NISA discount purchases and other stuff

FcBPcel.jpg

qll8CS8.jpg

bMXMg8S.jpg

I've been mostly keeping up with the Neptunia series collecting so here goes again

RAba8We.jpg

another purchase from Koei Tecmo EU Shop, keeping up with the Ateliers too

1vaELPK.jpg

Turrican goodness, pretty cool to get some free extras for the long wait

oujKccw.jpg

Demons of Asteborg CE and couple others

yV1d2YY.jpg

GUIX7IU.jpg

Had to have this Sonic Spinball vinyl although I usually only go for vinyls with exceptionally great music

8S82jR4.jpg

• Like 8
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 1

I found some more anime yesterday, game too.  The movies were $5/ea  Ninja Scroll and Ghost Talkers Daydream on DVDs. The game I have not seen on a shelf for maybe 10-20 years, WURM, that was $45 needed some serious cleaning.  It's such a strange but unique and very well done game.  I already cleared the first of four stages and I'm liking it.  It has a learning curve a little, can't just rush in, but it plays very well and the sticker on WURM has some crazy art.

Here is is cleaned up, still can't figure out how to get the rest of the red off without causing damage, same with those 2 brownish tinted spots.  Any idea?

wurm.jpg

• Like 8

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

BA7890BA-B99A-4769-A3E2-B0534288FD69.jpeg.36b8c7e6e57c39d642511e64a059e358.jpeg

Half Price Books did it again. 90s Big Box PC Games all $4.99-$9.99. Most worth more than that and in some cases much more. 

If you ever see a Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor, please consider letting me know!

• Like 1

@CodysGameRoom Wow luck strikes twice, nice.  I loved it a year ago when I went in a few times in a row and picked off more and more big box PC games in the same price range too.  I still look since it's on my way.  They've been sitting on a C&C RA Arsenal box for at least 6mo, and that's because someone got greedy and uniquely marked that one at $40 so it rots. 😉  IF that hits clearance I'm on it.

If it walks in the door, I know it's almost impossible, but I'm hoping to get Wing Commander II Deluxe at some rate, it's a nice little box set that has the full game and speech companion pack all on there and all the nice inserts the normal WC2 box had.  I just never got around to just caving and ebaying the thing.  I don't really buy the big boxes anymore as I rarely do PC games much, but some things I'd break for, like when I grabbed a fully filled box for Wing Commander Prophecy for $10 about a month back as the books made it worth it entirely.

• Like 1