IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Not too much coming in these days. I'm actually going to have to downsize my collection a lot (story for another day). But here's what's new: 

Ixm3Le8.jpg

Got a couple amiibo in a trade 🙂

GOb06c1.jpg

Got Flower Sun and Rain + Bomberman Land 2 in a private deal for $175 combined. Flower Sun and Rain has some damage but it looks a lot better since I cleaned it up. Found Dokapon Monster Hunter for $90 on Mercari. It's not mint but I think that's a good price for it. Got the Light Boy from the freebie thread and my Andro Dunos 2 finally arrived. 

That's all for now!

• Like 7

I'm at the point now where I'll pick up anything that's still sealed -- brought these home this week.  Most expensive was the Paper Mario at just $50. 👍

These Blizzard battle chests are surprisingly cheap on Ebay. Just did a good BIN on a Warcraft version to balance these two out .

16616385002042619268458362876543.jpg

• Like 8

6 hours ago, WhyNotZoidberg said:

Acquired this sweet TMNT2 with the Pizza Hut coupon still attached. Paid vgpc average 130$ CAD but I still feel this is a good deal because of the above-average condition this is in.

VOID IN QUEBEC?!?!? That’s some bullshit lol.

E8AE38C8-00A4-4568-ABB8-E371BF33738B.jpeg

EAD71F40-3F55-4DED-8692-4051F73BE51D.jpeg

BF76CD96-B54C-4E0E-91F6-D8BE047698E7.jpeg

EAAAEB72-3367-4F1B-887A-6DBDC3EC0B9A.jpeg

6DD5E39E-1937-451B-B890-19D4675245B1.jpeg

Nice one! You don't see many in that good of condition. Great pickup.

• Like 1

Well I guess it's one of those days I'm pleased to have made counter friends with those managers and employees at the closest game exchange, they don't care as long as it's done outside. 😉  I went in today because I hit the other shop to offload more games and an old toy too, considering what I got...yay, and fu facebook lowballers *and* that's where WILLOW came from too for $20 which is fine by me.

I went in and it was busy, lady had this like 3ft tall box with a lot of old games, systems, parts, etc they've had for years, decades.  The short of it, saw a stack of games, one of them mentioned Mega Man X2 to me, that got my attention, and seeing the stack not sure what else.  Figured out whose it was, they were fine with me talking, I ok'd it, they even kind of middle man played what they'd offer the lady.  She showed me on her phone what I couldn't see, that's where the 2nd game came in, Alien vs Predator.  This is the point I learned from the lady, this is a mystery game, and she can't remember the how or why.  MMX2 is in a MMX 3 SHELL, it's a real frankencart, a rental franken cart (check the VGS restore shop, it was ugly...really ugly.)  I talked with her, they offered 20% of what they'd sell it for ($150) or 30% in trade(she was after cash only) and AvP they sell for $30 so...$6.  Given the bizarreness of it and how it was, I offered up $100 and got the pair.

aug2722finds.JPG

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Graphics Team · Posted
On 8/27/2022 at 3:25 AM, mimi85 said:

Some new stuff. Still waiting for the moomin tale cartige to arrive 

20220827_122337.jpg

Whoa - there's a Moomin game on the GBC

I just got into the 90s cartoon series last year, and I'd never even considered the possibility of game-adaptations of the franchise...

-CasualCart

21 hours ago, dogbowl said:

These Blizzard battle chests are surprisingly cheap on Ebay.

Very nice blizzard battle chests, they take me back to a simpler time. I doubt if it has anything to do, but BattleNet has been unbelievably unsteady for about the last week.

Apparently there is a community led initiative to support and run this thing called Shield Battery: https://shieldbattery.net/splash  From my conversations from fellow Broodwar players, they think BNet is going to be run into the ground. I haven't given it a try, but more and more people are switching over to ShieldBattery.

Got more Switch, GBC, GBA, DSi and PS4 games:
PmjcZ74l.jpg eeu2i1Wl.jpg 

Gunblade & LA Machines is sealed.
Bought Smash because I wanted the Brazilian sleeve that came with it and it was only US$12 for the CIB game.
iaAXQrQl.jpg 

Some more CIB Tectoy Mega Drive games.
I'm missing 8 for the fullset.
oHBidUyl.jpg 

I'm very happy to add the Playtronic version of Super Mario Bros 3.
It was very expensive but it's also very rare.
SMB3 was sold here more as a pack in game so you don't see boxes around.sFzNkFrl.jpg 

• Like 6
  • Wow! 1

@Galdius Must be nice getting those variants since they're from your area.  Love that rally game, isn't that the hard to find Konami rally title?  if it is, it's a shame as it's really good, price blows, much like sega rally on gba is toxic priced too and it's not so good as it's designed like backwards how the display works...it's weird.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Galdius said:

Got more Switch, GBC, GBA, DSi and PS4 games:
PmjcZ74l.jpg eeu2i1Wl.jpg 

Gunblade & LA Machines is sealed.
Bought Smash because I wanted the Brazilian sleeve that came with it and it was only US$12 for the CIB game.
iaAXQrQl.jpg 

Some more CIB Tectoy Mega Drive games.
I'm missing 8 for the fullset.
oHBidUyl.jpg 

I'm very happy to add the Playtronic version of Super Mario Bros 3.
It was very expensive but it's also very rare.
SMB3 was sold here more as a pack in game so you don't see boxes around.sFzNkFrl.jpg 

20 years from now when South America is the new world superpower, this Playtronic stuff will be gold 😂 

• Haha 1

It's taken a little while but I finally got my "First Edition" of Myst for the Macintosh.  For those that might not be aware, this is the very first version made.  Originally, Rand Miller wanted this to be a Mac only game because he hated PCs, but after it was a massive success and some persuasion by the publisher, it was ported to PC and the rest, as they say, was history.

This box is in fair condition, but considering how complete it is and how hard it was to find, I didn't mind.  I'll be posting a bit more in an old thread I created about early Myst versions.  Be on the look out.

IMG_4516.thumb.JPG.daedb4149b275aac2e4d495ba13f4e20.JPGIMG_4512.JPG.0a6d2d139fa38931c3543299121651d1.JPGIMG_4513.thumb.JPG.72ee9ac190ef27a61f5a08a72e55c79f.JPGIMG_4514.thumb.JPG.ba33c2e979cab08ece65774d73d70f92.JPGIMG_4515.JPG.f9aca15f0509de9db4462bdd5b345860.JPG

• Like 6
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, TDIRunner said:

Congrats on finding it.  Myst is an interesting game for me because I have a lot of nostalgia for it despite the fact that I never actually played through it myself.  

I had to cheat by using the strategy guide because I was so young but CD-ROM drives were quite new and the experience was fun, regardless.  I started this game up in Real Myst 2 years ago and I got through the Water age and started another.  I need to finish that some day.

8 minutes ago, RH said:

I had to cheat by using the strategy guide because I was so young but CD-ROM drives were quite new and the experience was fun, regardless.  I started this game up in Real Myst 2 years ago and I got through the Water age and started another.  I need to finish that some day.

I never owned a copy back when it was popular, but my friend did and I sent a long time watching him play and just explore the area.  I don't remember much about how far my friend ever got, but I doubt it was very far without a guide.  We were just so mesmerized by the graphical quality of the game and the interesting layout of the island.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

@Galdius Must be nice getting those variants since they're from your area.  Love that rally game, isn't that the hard to find Konami rally title?  if it is, it's a shame as it's really good, price blows, much like sega rally on gba is toxic priced too and it's not so good as it's designed like backwards how the display works...it's weird.

International Rally is as good as any GBC racing game can be, so… just ok. Top Gear Pocket 2 is better.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Congrats on finding it.  Myst is an interesting game for me because I have a lot of nostalgia for it despite the fact that I never actually played through it myself.  

This is how I felt as well. I played it for a few minutes when it first came out and it left a mark on me, even though I never solved any puzzles. Fast forward almost 30 years and I just beat the latest remake. Totally worth it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I love getting the Playtronic and Tectoy stuff. I just wish Playtronic games were easier to find and cheaper.

International Rally is hard to find. I bought it from jonebone.

• Like 1