IGNORED

VGS rare variant/error thread Nintendo edition

Hybrid

1 minute ago, Gloves said:

There are sites still made which will detect and redirect you to, for example, m.website.com. A subdomain dedicated solely to a mobile display. It's a very oldschool way of handling it.

Twitter released Bootstrap a decade ago, I can only imagine the level of security in place on these sites.

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Twitter released Bootstrap a decade ago, I can only imagine the level of security in place on these sites.

*shrug*

Security and style of display are not intertwined in that way. Having a subdomain for a better view on mobile isn't a modern way of doing it, but it's not technically wrong. Sometimes it's simply a matter of an old dude just doing what he knows. It's not inherently insecure or anything like you imply.

On 10/15/2021 at 7:07 PM, ThePhleo said:

No, not necessarily. There are plenty of Non-matching parts throughout the NES library.

Here's my current SoQ understanding of the Black Boxes.

Title Circle Oval™ Oval®
10-Yard Fight CIB    
Balloon Fight CIB C  
Baseball CIB    
Clu Clu Land CIB    
Donkey Kong CIB    
Donkey Kong 3 CIB C  
Donkey Kong Jr. CIB    
Donkey Kong Jr. Math CIB    
Duck Hunt CIB C  
Excitebike CIB CIB  
Golf CIB CIB CIB
Gumshoe CIB    
Gyromite CIB    
Hogan's Alley CIB CIB  
Ice Climber CIB C  
Kung Fu CIB CIB CIB
Mach Rider CIB C  
Mario Bros. CIB C  
Pinball CIB CIB  
Popeye CIB C  
Pro Wrestling CIB    
Slalom CIB CIB  
Soccer CIB    
Stack-Up CIB    
Super Mario Bros CIB CIB CIB
Tennis CIB    
Urban Champion CIB C  
Volleyball CIB    
Wild Gunman CIB C  
Wrecking Crew CIB C  

Is it true that finding a Urban Champion 3 screw with a round seal hard and rare?

• Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 6:58 PM, Funky_brewsta said:

Found a Nintendo service center brochure on eBay and was quickly snipped as I logged into PayPal. Took a screenshot of something I found interesting. Haven’t been able to find the listing since. I’ve asked some people about the service centers repairing games and never really got anything concrete. Surely there’s a collector out there with a repair center binder that details the process. 

79B03F88-FA32-4CA2-B31F-55305E808379.jpeg

@Ferris Bueller did you see this question?

On 10/22/2021 at 9:44 PM, Divingninja said:

@Ferris Bueller did you see this question?

Typographical error maybe.

I bet they meant to say one of the following:

-Game Pak repairs do not include unlicensed titles.

-Game Pak repairs only include licensed titles.

-Game Pak repairs do not include third-party publisher titles.

At the end of the day, the post-sale support/warranty claims are directed to the publisher. So if you needed a game repair for a Nintendo published game, you would contact Nintendo’s service department. If you needed a repair for a Capcom game, you would contact Capcom’s service department, etc.

Edited by phart010

51 minutes ago, phart010 said:

Typographical error maybe.

-Game Pak repairs do not include unlicensed titles.

-Game Pak repairs only include licensed titles.

-Game Pak repairs do not include third-party publisher titles.

Caught up and see what is going on. @Limbofunk Do you have this flyer/brochure?

I agree with the above statement, I think this is a typo. They only did licensed items, as I have a Game Genie that was returned and has a sticker that says they don't fix that stuff, look for the Nintendo seal.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, DK said:

Holy cow, is that the highest 5 screw sold price yet?

image.png.8b648ae18f5abd694036c944889671b4.png

Doubtful, one sold at auction a few months ago for $250. I honestly don’t trust anything on eBay anymore, there’s so many people fluffing their own auctions or buying up specific games to control a games prices. Just sad to me to be honest.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Goodvibes said:

I honestly don’t trust anything on eBay anymore, there’s so many people fluffing their own auctions or buying up specific games to control a games prices. Just sad to me to be honest.

Is there any way to find out what Best Offers go for? All the links on Google are saying it's not possible anymore.

1 hour ago, DK said:

Is there any way to find out what Best Offers go for? All the links on Google are saying it's not possible anymore.

Nah I don’t think so, in all the years I’ve been on there I never thought you could. I’ve come across a few different times recently where guys have blatantly said in messages they cornered the market on certain things or auctions have ended on the same random dollar amount by buyers who are paying well above, 3x-4x what the going rate for cibs and such. That’s not just condition pushing that price there, I myself really don’t mess with beat up nes cibs, just never have and the pricing curve over the last year or more is ridiculous.

I think things like this jaws fall into that same category, jaws is one of the more common, uncommon five screws out there and it’s not worth that price tag, especially not a loose cart.

Edited by Goodvibes