IGNORED

VGS rare variant/error thread Nintendo edition

Hybrid

7 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

All the date codes for the chips say production was Dec of 86, before the switch to 3 screw was mid 87.  This must be a refurb?

The condition of the PCB doesn't match the condition of the cart, the PCB has a little wear but the cart is pretty minty.  That plus the chip dates point toward it being a refurb.  But there are a few of these out there, so maybe not.  I submitted this to the thread because it doesn't seem all that different from the case of the DK Jr. Math 3 screw which is already in the thread, so might as well add it.  I personally don't care if it's a refurb or not.  The RC Pro Am, DK Jr Math and every Konami/Ultra might all be refurbs, but even if they were, I'd still want them.

Edited by wyansas
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Hybrid said:

here it is 

3gumshoe.jpg

3gumshoepcb.jpg

there was the one that I found also and after doing a quick google search I also found one on reddit I will Start a new category for these and any other refurbs that shown up sorry for the late reply 

i i'll resume as soon 

Pretty sweet, I for one never really got into these three screw variants for black box games. I focused more on having the hangtabs and five screws. They are peaking my interest a little more though. If anyone has any dupes of some of these variants I would be interested in buying them or finding something to trade for them.

1 hour ago, wyansas said:

The condition of the PCB doesn't match the condition of the cart, the PCB has a little wear but the cart is pretty minty.  That plus the chip dates point toward it being a refurb.  But there are a few of these out there, so maybe not.  I submitted this to the thread because it doesn't seem all that different from the case of the DK Jr. Math 3 screw which is already in the thread, so might as well add it.  I personally don't care if it's a refurb or not.  The RC Pro Am, DK Jr Math and every Konami/Ultra might all be refurbs, but even if they were, I'd still want them.

Hybrid submitted this just now.  Also no one is saying you cant have it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hollywoodcaddy said:

This would be the 3rd one of these I've now found...this variant has been on my "possible" list forever now haha...I definitely need this so if anyone would like to let theirs go please let me know...I'm down to trade or pay cash!!!!

Keep in mind that this is not an "official" variant, but it's now shown to have more than a one of it deserves to be counted hence the addition of the new category. Which also means that RC pro am 5 screw will be counted again and the DK Jr math will join it in this category

Edited by Hybrid

3 hours ago, Hybrid said:

after a bit of archeology i dug up pics of 3 screw DK jr math and 5 screw RC pro am as well as a missing mission impossible 5 screw. also finally figured out the stray pics they are gone

Alpha mission? Is there a different label on the 5 screw version or something I'm missing? Mine are all the same..

A while ago I commented that I had found a weird Gyromite 3 screw with no Made in Japan, flathead screws, and chip dates from the middle of 1987, and I asked if anybody else had one.  My other Gyromite 3 screw has MiJ and security screws, which makes sense as it came later than the common 5 screw, but it also has chip dates from before the other one with no MiJ and flatheads.  Back then nobody responded that they had one too, but @bowser just found one.  Not huge news, but I thought this was pretty interesting.

15 hours ago, wyansas said:

A while ago I commented that I had found a weird Gyromite 3 screw with no Made in Japan, flathead screws, and chip dates from the middle of 1987, and I asked if anybody else had one.  My other Gyromite 3 screw has MiJ and security screws, which makes sense as it came later than the common 5 screw, but it also has chip dates from before the other one with no MiJ and flatheads.  Back then nobody responded that they had one too, but @bowser just found one.  Not huge news, but I thought this was pretty interesting.

I don't know about the weird out of place one you're talking about...I didnt see anything on it in here...but I do infact have every Gyromite variant that is known and all of my chip dates line up in the time line...I understand in a perfect world that's how its supposed to be BUT that's not always the case with nes games haha do you have a picture of yours and all that good stuff? Maybe I can make some sense of it 😁

19 hours ago, NESCollector15 said:

Anyone have a 5 screw Volleyball with TM on the label? This is mine got it a year ago I haven’t seen any online wondering if anyone has any info on it. Also the date codes on the board are the same exact date codes for the 3 screw one.

FB290048-85F7-43CE-8E69-6CEFF07DBD6D.jpeg

Yes, definitely harder to find.

PXL_20220520_164719100.jpg

• Like 1