IGNORED

VGS rare variant/error thread Nintendo edition

Hybrid

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, bowser said:

@wyansas @SilverspoonGaming

What are the stamped numbers on the back labels of your N7 carts? Are there any letters along with the numbers?

I have two N7’s one loose cart and the other I found last year it was in the N7 box which is extremely hard to find, I would say the box is harder to find than the cart but that’s my opinion.

gocollect has retconned nintendoage's backups in the Wayback Machine and I can no longer find a way to view the old rare variant thread.  Does anybody have that old thread saved somewhere?  Not everybody who was on those old lists have put themselves on these yet.  The vast majority haven't.

Edited by wyansas

• 3 months later...

@PII I read the whole thread back on NA and remember @Ferris Bueller had some knowledge as well. What was the thought on the ultra/Konami 5 screws with no back label. I want to say they were thought of like a nfr back in the day. Perhaps given out pre release at company events? Did anyone ever figure out why they use the security screw?

Edited by docile tapeworm

42 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

@PII I read the whole thread back on NA and remember @Ferris Bueller had some knowledge as well. What was the thought on the ultra/Konami 5 screws with no back label. I want to say they were thought of like a nfr back in the day. Perhaps given out pre release at company events? Did anyone ever figure out why they use the security screw?

As far as I recall there was no particular consensus back on NA as to what exactly they are.  We had a fair bit of discussion about it here in the not so distant past which got pretty interesting, but as far as I'm concerned there is still nothing absolutely definitive and almost every theory I've heard including my own 2 run into story problems somewhere or other that keeps the explanation from hanging together in a perfect line.  It's a puzzle and now that you've got me thinking about it again, I feel a little inspiration to maybe try and lay it out as it currently stands, like a list of bullet points or something, but that will require some re-reading for sure.  Security screws make sense as all of these games, so far, were released as early as 1988 and no later than 1991.  

...While we're on the topic: We currently don't have anyone with a posted copy of 5-Screw R.C. Pro-Am.  Back on NA there were two users who had a copy:

@Mydogsrule   and

@y2ross

I would love to see back pics and circuit board pics of that one.

Edited by PII
  • Thanks 1

@Funky_brewsta I looked through my pics and I have pics of this particular copy of 5-screw R.C. Pro-Am.  Somehow, I forgot.  I'm guessing that means you posted pics of this once before?

Anyway, I appreciate your going to the trouble.  I def. want to see as many pics of 5-Screw R.C. Pro-Am in particular as possible.  

On 11/7/2022 at 12:56 AM, PII said:

As far as I recall there was no particular consensus back on NA as to what exactly they are.  We had a fair bit of discussion about it here in the not so distant past which got pretty interesting, but as far as I'm concerned there is still nothing absolutely definitive and almost every theory I've heard including my own 2 run into story problems somewhere or other that keeps the explanation from hanging together in a perfect line.  It's a puzzle and now that you've got me thinking about it again, I feel a little inspiration to maybe try and lay it out as it currently stands, like a list of bullet points or something, but that will require some re-reading for sure.  Security screws make sense as all of these games, so far, were released as early as 1988 and no later than 1991.  

...While we're on the topic: We currently don't have anyone with a posted copy of 5-Screw R.C. Pro-Am.  Back on NA there were two users who had a copy:

@Mydogsrule   and

@y2ross

I would love to see back pics and circuit board pics of that one.

I can’t find my board pictures   I had it slabbed for personal preference so of course can’t get the needed board pictures.  I thought I posted them somewhere in the past though.  Maybe I will find the pic eventually   

76F66CDC-D438-45A5-9894-D8C731D8EF72.thumb.jpeg.121015f92d7bb9f582838cb7aa52c732.jpeg

D4F1DF2D-7DD4-450A-843D-C1E869EC2A09.jpeg

Edited by Mydogsrule

1 hour ago, Mydogsrule said:

I can’t find my board pictures   I had it slabbed for personal preference so of course can’t get the needed board pictures.  I thought I posted them somewhere in the past though.  Maybe I will find the pic eventually   

Would love to see that board pic if you find it.  What is the number stamped in the upper left corner of the back label?