IGNORED

The Switch Thread

3 minutes ago, Romiked2689 said:

Smg wanted their game death squared on shelves. They hated how their game became scalped and flipped. I have their limited USA release and I’ll be double dipping into this 

Me too! Yeah I remember that fiasco. There was some weird printing error relating to the NA and Australian version with them too considering how they are number making them pretty limited. I was able to get the Australian version on with the help of a middleman service, but not the ESRB ones.

15 minutes ago, Skorp said:

Me too! Yeah I remember that fiasco. There was some weird printing error relating to the NA and Australian version with them too considering how they are number making them pretty limited. I was able to get the Australian version on with the help of a middleman service, but not the ESRB ones.

Yeah they printed the cases themselves and most were upside down. Then at pax in USA they singed the copies with pen instead of marker. I was Australian release is 500  esrb probably better term then team USA release was 150 and they still have some copies they auction off. I got a ton of goodies from when I won their auction. 

Something I've noticed with my Switch, and this isn't a big deal, is that the screen seems to be starting to chip away. There are two tiny hairline fractures in the screen on the bezel part, and two tiny little chips on both sides of the console. I'm not sure if it has something to do with docking and undocking it. I take great care of the console but It's a launch model so maybe that has something to do with it.  I don't really care, because I mostly leave it docked anyway. I figure by the time it gets bad enough, if it even does, it'll be time to buy a second one anyway.

Does anyone else with a console from around launch have this issue?

2 hours ago, Jono1874 said:

Something I've noticed with my Switch, and this isn't a big deal, is that the screen seems to be starting to chip away. There are two tiny hairline fractures in the screen on the bezel part, and two tiny little chips on both sides of the console. I'm not sure if it has something to do with docking and undocking it. I take great care of the console but It's a launch model so maybe that has something to do with it.  I don't really care, because I mostly leave it docked anyway. I figure by the time it gets bad enough, if it even does, it'll be time to buy a second one anyway.

So far nothing at all. In great shape, no bends, cracks of any kind of that wasn't my fault. Since I am handheld 100% of the time, I dock and undock pretty often to with sometimes uses a power cable when I'm away. =/

Speaking of problems with Switches, anyone have drifting issues with their Switch lite? Haven't tried my Pokemon one yet, but probably should in case it does have it.

15 hours ago, Jono1874 said:

I don’t, which is surprising considering I’ve dropped it at least 3 times. So far though I just notice smudging which easily wipes away

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I was until I saw the price.

Right? This might be the first time I passed on one that I want to own. I've gotta own the arcade version at somepoint, i just didn't feel like spending $60 on the base version for something I won't get to play for a while. I am going to wait and buy it when I am ready to play it.

Edited by Californication

8 minutes ago, Skorp said:

Sheesh that price is just NUTS. Already missed out the Fox collectors edition from them anyways, so probably will let this one just go.

$60 for rom sets is a tough sell to me.  I can understand the Konami or Genesis ones selling for $20. Physical is worth a few extra dollars but not that much more.

Hey fellows!

Just wondering what the consensus is here on this:

Jim Sterling edition of Deadly Premonition Origins! As it says there, these are made by the actual original artist and company, and only ten exist. So does this count as an official variant now or what?! Either way, this is gonna be a huge grail for some big Switch/Deadly Premonition/Jim Sterling fan in the future, no doubt!

Huh I thought Divinity had a physical release already, must have missed it being digital only.  I hope that's not some limited crap and it hits best buy too.  I was thinking of looking into it in the future, but I won't/can't buy that now so if it's truly limited that's one to write off entirely as limited resale games like that get ugly.  The idea of cross play I guess with mobile versions is just excellent.