IGNORED

The Switch Thread

15 hours ago, Fleck586 said:

I find that hilarious. My kids love the fishing Labo game. You are seriously the first person I've seen challenge Labo counting. The code games I totally get both sides, but I just don't get the argument against Labo. Official 1st party release with a physical cartridge. It doesn't count because it's kitschy? 

It more has to do with what Nintendo themselves said, or what I swear I read somewhere about them saying which is they don't consider them to be games. I may be wrong about them saying that but I'm pretty sure they did and it stuck in my mind. Like I said I see it more like an accessory or application.

• Like 1

I don't think it's been posted yet but it's been on Best Buy's site for awhile. Lion King/Aladdin is getting a "Retro Edition" for Switch, which comes with a SNES style box and... a poster... for $20 more.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/disney-classic-games-aladdin-and-the-lion-king-retro-edition-box-nintendo-switch/6386809.p?skuId=6386809

Also Steam World Quest just went on sale on Super Rare Games for anyone interested. Sounds like they are planning on releasing the SteamWorld Dig games too.

1 minute ago, Code Monkey said:

Did we ever find out when we're getting Cuphead, Blaster Master Zero, Blazing Chrome and Myst? We were told by the end of the year.

No, no, no, and no. Blazing Chrome had an LRG pre-order but it's nowhere even near shipping time yet. The others are all a big fat nope.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

It more has to do with what Nintendo themselves said, or what I swear I read somewhere about them saying which is they don't consider them to be games. I may be wrong about them saying that but I'm pretty sure they did and it stuck in my mind. Like I said I see it more like an accessory or application.

Hey, buddy, to each his own.  I certainly can't blame you for having your own opinion on them, but I think the overwhelming consensus is/will be that they will count towards a full set.  If you aren't going for that, then it really doesn't matter, right?  I was more just laughing because I had never seen anyone argue that they should NOT be counted.  If Nintendo said that, then I can totally see where you're coming from.  However, at $9-19 bucks a pop now depending on what sale you catch, they are worth the money of putting together and playing for sure, IMO.

On 11/7/2019 at 2:31 AM, D~Funk said:

Just went through and figured out what Switch games i have ordered still 😅 its pretty ridiculous! Everything is pretty much paid for too except for the Amazon games which is good cuz im at a point where i need to chill it on ordering stuff. Only planning on grabbing 1 more Limited Run game this month which i can't pass up and thats the Blasphemous Collectors Edition.

I had not even really thought about this until you posted your list, but now that you have, it made me do the same thing.  Holy shit I need to slow down!  This is my list...

Store Game Title
Amazon Risk of Rain 2
  Heroland
  Blacksad
Best Buy Everspace
  Shovel Knight Treasure Trove
Gamestop Darksiders Genesis CE
Target Pokemon Sword & Shield Double Pack with Steelbook
Special Reserve Downwell
  Gris
  My Friend Pedro
Limited Run Freedom Planet
  Power Rangers
  Timespinner
  Turok/Turok 2 Double Pack
  Jay and Silent Bob Mall Brawl (NES)
  Stranger Things 3 CE
  Fairy Fencer F
  Blazing Chrome
  Ms. Splosion Man
  Wandersong CE
  Duck Game
  River City Girls
First Press Hole New World
  Shadowbug
  Castle of Heart
Aksys Under Night In-Birth
  Waku Waku Sweets
  Fishing Star
  Deadly Premonitions CE
Wired Productions Vostock
  Close to the Sun CE
Play Asia Ghost Blade
  Is It Wrong To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon
  Distraint Collection

Strictly Limited

Bubble Bobble 4 Friends

Slaps & Beans

Dispatch Games Radirgy Swag LE
Iam8bit Sayonara Wild Hearts
  Gorogoa
  Donut County
VGNYSoft Gigantic Army
Shop4MegaStore Luigi's Mansion with Steelbook
  Final Fantasy 7 & 8
Super Rare  

If I had all of these today, it would put me over 400 games not including duplicates.

Edited by Fleck586
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fleck586 said:

Hey, buddy, to each his own.  I certainly can't blame you for having your own opinion on them, but I think the overwhelming consensus is/will be that they will count towards a full set.  If you aren't going for that, then it really doesn't matter, right?  I was more just laughing because I had never seen anyone argue that they should NOT be counted.  If Nintendo said that, then I can totally see where you're coming from.  However, at $9-19 bucks a pop now depending on what sale you catch, they are worth the money of putting together and playing for sure, IMO.

I actually thought about picking them up, but not for my collection. My GF thought it looked like a fun craft thing to do together lol. Those sales never seem to happen around me. They never seem to go below $40 around here for some reason.

1 hour ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I actually thought about picking them up, but not for my collection. My GF thought it looked like a fun craft thing to do together lol. Those sales never seem to happen around me. They never seem to go below $40 around here for some reason.

Watch for them on Slick Deals. They will usually post a Brickseek link for you or you can just Google Brickseek Walmart Labo and find it. Check your ZIP. There are still a few $9 stragglers around me.

27 minutes ago, Fleck586 said:

Watch for them on Slick Deals. They will usually post a Brickseek link for you or you can just Google Brickseek Walmart Labo and find it. Check your ZIP. There are still a few $9 stragglers around me.

Don't go out of your way blindly following Brickseek though. You will be let down. Brickseek's numbers are frequently off, as well as the fact that employees can hold things in the back for themselves, etc. Which reminds me: if it's a really good deal, you probably shouldn't call the store. Slickdeals is full of stories of employees that get wind of the deals, snatch them up, then resell later.

Edited by barrels

22 hours ago, barrels said:

Don't go out of your way blindly following Brickseek though. You will be let down. Brickseek's numbers are frequently off, as well as the fact that employees can hold things in the back for themselves, etc. Which reminds me: if it's a really good deal, you probably shouldn't call the store. Slickdeals is full of stories of employees that get wind of the deals, snatch them up, then resell later.

I have actually had the opposite experience in KC. It will say none are there but if I call, there's usually stock. I have yet to go and not find stock that was listed. I know I am the exception though as I've read horror stories. Like anything, it's just another resource so use it accordingly.

17 hours ago, ViKiNg said:

Guys, is there a list of all beat ’em up physical releases for Switch? Or at least just all beat ’em ups for Switch? 😁

Like Final Fight, right?

Physicals off the top of my head:

US:

River City Girls (Limited Run)

Code of Princess EX (closer to a Gunstar Heroes)

Ninja Saviours

Battle Chef Brigade (mixed with Puzzle/RPG - Limited Run)

Cartoon Network Battlecrashers

Japan:

Capcom Belt Collection (Japan -  bunch of Arcade beat-em ups, King of Monsters, Final Fight etc.)

Europe:

Wulverblade (Super Rare Games)

Raging Justice (Strictly Limited)

99 Vidas (Strictly Limited)

Slap and Beans (Strictly Limited)

Gekido Kintaro's Revenge (Red Art games)

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 8:03 PM, Fleck586 said:

I got lucky and my Walmart had 6 in stock. Got one for me, 2 for my friends, 2 for my nephews and 1 for good luck!

On 11/7/2019 at 1:23 PM, Code Monkey said:

Did we ever find out when we're getting Cuphead, Blaster Master Zero, Blazing Chrome and Myst? We were told by the end of the year.

Cuphead isn’t going to disc till after Delicious Last Course in 2020

Blazing Chrome’s Switch port was farmed out and the original dev was going back to fix some missing graphics.  Release date is listed Jan.

1 hour ago, Fleck586 said:

Isn't it crazy that you can buy 6 of them for less than 1 cost when it was released? They must have grossly overproduced

I really think they did. They were being made right after the toy to life craze with amiibo and Skylanders and I'd bet they thought cardboard-to-life was going to be the next big thing.