IGNORED

The Switch Thread

What about that Vitamin game coming out the same day.  Is it any good?  I'm burned out on LRG at this point.  So much for 2 games a month.  Now it's two games every two weeks.  Can't keep up and don't want to any more

3 minutes ago, A_Feisty_Pickle said:

Maybe I missed it but any love for Mighty Switch Force? Haven't played it before, but the OST for 1 and 2 are amazing! Looking forward to grabbing this.
image.thumb.png.be98859d6a9a50810a4e9227a0ff6811.png

I've been buying from LRG from the beginning, but I've always stuck with the mindset that I only buy either what I want to play, or what I want to own as a collector's piece (like Night Trap).  Someone online once listed the total amount of money one would have spent if they had bought every release up to that point, and it was pretty eye opening to how much this hobby can cost. 

I saw that about Bioshock.  I wonder if they really would cheap out and pull the Capcom excuse train type of release.  I never was big on the game, only played the first, though I've got others from a super cheapo bundle deal on GoG or at least the sequel I forget.  If this came out on Switch and was all actually there, and not download DRM I'd probably buy it.

15 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I saw that about Bioshock.  I wonder if they really would cheap out and pull the Capcom excuse train type of release.  I never was big on the game, only played the first, though I've got others from a super cheapo bundle deal on GoG or at least the sequel I forget.  If this came out on Switch and was all actually there, and not download DRM I'd probably buy it.

Definitely one of the downsides of going with cart based media over disc (not that Nintendo really had a choice with the Switch).  

15 hours ago, Tanooki said:

The first game is good, but the second game is fantastic. I never played Infinite.

20 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

The first game is good, but the second game is fantastic. I never played Infinite.

Really?  I enjoyed the first one a lot more than the second.  Infinite was amazing as well, but I still prefer the original.

For me Bioshock > Infinite > Bioshock 2

But all are amazing games which you can't go wrong.  Amazing story line too.  

8 hours ago, WhyNotZoidberg said:

I just got a Switch 2 days ago 🙂

Just fmi: is this a list of physical releases?

The spreadsheet on the first page of this thread is all physical releases, no digital only games on there. That list was current as of I wanna say November when I gave it to the OP. I dont know if he updated it or not since then. The library is just shy of 500 physical games for North America. It should break that barrier by the end of January 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

Definitely one of the downsides of going with cart based media over disc (not that Nintendo really had a choice with the Switch).  

Well yeah to a point.  There's layer of cheaping out and politics too (both third party and 'of Nintendo' removing choice.)  Over a year ago now and really since the beginning it was an industry known that the 8GB cards were when done in like to like order size with PS4/XB games was the same cost for the media, but obviously 8GB is smaller than a 25(or 50 double layer) blu-ray disc.  Yet here we are now still where some games use the max cap of 32GB and Nintendo still hesitating putting the 64GB card out over cost which seems motivated by some interest other than saving a buck.  Yet still the 32GB is out there, and easily profitable so perhaps the 16GB is equal to a disc now, maybe the 32GB is closing in...who knows, I don't.  But what I do know, Capcom can suck it when they do stuff like the Mega Man collections so far, and others which occupy around 1-2GB of space yet they make them 1/2 download or all but game 1 download as that's just wrong.  Most video games now go between the 25/50GB barrier so quite a lot could affordably be on a Switch card now, really no reason not to.

9 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Good to know I guess.  Something about the first after awhile got grating on me.  I remember getting into some place with some artsy mansiony looking walls after going through I think an airlock and getting done caring about it at that rate.  Before then though it's eve right?  I felt I kept running out of it or had no good way to manage it as it became a burden attacking and juggling it.  All the while I did like the atmosphere of it all though.

Well it's official.  I have finally found a 3D Mario game that I enjoy.  Mario Odyssey is pretty awesome.

I'm sort of playing through two games at the same time.  My son (age 5) is playing his own game on "Assist Mode."  He is loving the game, but I still have to help him in some areas.   I'm also playing my own game at my pace and I'm spending much more time in each world trying to find as many moons as I can without looking up guides.  Therefore, I'm behind him in terms of level progression.  Sometimes it get difficult because I can't remember if I've already found a moon because I get mixed in which areas I've visited in each game.  

Here is a funny story and a super proud "Dad Moment" for me.  For the first time, my son figured out a puzzle in the game before I could.  The part where the bird takes your hat and you have to get it back.  I couldn't figure out what the hell I was supposed to do, and finally my son took the controller and figured it out right away.  

13 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

Well it's official.  I have finally found a 3D Mario game that I enjoy.  Mario Odyssey is pretty awesome.

I'm sort of playing through two games at the same time.  My son (age 5) is playing his own game on "Assist Mode."  He is loving the game, but I still have to help him in some areas.   I'm also playing my own game at my pace and I'm spending much more time in each world trying to find as many moons as I can without looking up guides.  Therefore, I'm behind him in terms of level progression.  Sometimes it get difficult because I can't remember if I've already found a moon because I get mixed in which areas I've visited in each game.  

Here is a funny story and a super proud "Dad Moment" for me.  For the first time, my son figured out a puzzle in the game before I could.  The part where the bird takes your hat and you have to get it back.  I couldn't figure out what the hell I was supposed to do, and finally my son took the controller and figured it out right away.  

It is the best Mario game ever made imo. They truly went full on with this one adding all the best elements from all of the previous games too. I reached 999 power moons yesterday! 😄 For critical thinking to the extreme, go for the treasure mission in Deep Woods. That one really requires an amazing amount of awareness to figure out.

In other words, I do have every single LRG Switch release except one collector that was in 500 quantity, so just was hard to get. I am scared to know how much I paid for it all. xD

Edited by Skorp

Btw, when it comes to gaming stuff from Best Buy, they truly are the WORST in shipping. They always ship everything in bubble mailers and it always gets crushed. Had to go to the store and reorder it and request to have it shipped in a box, which of course came today in perfect condition. Don't understand why they do this and should realize that a box would be better. 5th Switch item that I bought that came crushed from them and all of them I had no choice as pick up was not an option.

20200115_162755.jpg

20200115_162806.jpg

On 1/15/2020 at 8:40 PM, Tanooki said:

Well yeah to a point.  There's layer of cheaping out and politics too (both third party and 'of Nintendo' removing choice.)  Over a year ago now and really since the beginning it was an industry known that the 8GB cards were when done in like to like order size with PS4/XB games was the same cost for the media, but obviously 8GB is smaller than a 25(or 50 double layer) blu-ray disc.  Yet here we are now still where some games use the max cap of 32GB and Nintendo still hesitating putting the 64GB card out over cost which seems motivated by some interest other than saving a buck.  Yet still the 32GB is out there, and easily profitable so perhaps the 16GB is equal to a disc now, maybe the 32GB is closing in...who knows, I don't.  But what I do know, Capcom can suck it when they do stuff like the Mega Man collections so far, and others which occupy around 1-2GB of space yet they make them 1/2 download or all but game 1 download as that's just wrong.  Most video games now go between the 25/50GB barrier so quite a lot could affordably be on a Switch card now, really no reason not to.

Good to know I guess.  Something about the first after awhile got grating on me.  I remember getting into some place with some artsy mansiony looking walls after going through I think an airlock and getting done caring about it at that rate.  Before then though it's eve right?  I felt I kept running out of it or had no good way to manage it as it became a burden attacking and juggling it.  All the while I did like the atmosphere of it all though.

For me the first was the best. The second I was so bored I quit. The third was good, but the engine felt a little dated at that point, and the story was not as good as the first, also seemed a little easier.

• 2 weeks later...

Nintendo just announce a new Animal Crossing edition Switch console. New joy con colors, custom tablet back, custom dock, and it's reported to come with a screen saver (not sure if custom). I'm still using my launch Switch and have been looking for a reason to upgrade to V2 and blow a bunch of my GS credit.

dims.jpeg

Edited by Aguy

3 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Also does anyone know the release date for Sonic Mania, the not "Plus" version?

11/5/19.

I'm at 497 games for US - if you're still counting all the LRG stuff that is "pre-ordered, but not shipped" (Stranger Things, Vitamin Connection, etc.)  - and you are at 500, then you are missing a bunch.

1 minute ago, 11strings said:

11/5/19.

I'm at 497 games for US - if you're still counting all the LRG stuff that is "pre-ordered, but not shipped" (Stranger Things, Vitamin Connection, etc.)  - and you are at 500, then you are missing a bunch.

Thanks for the date. I am counting those. If you have a list to link to that I could make comparisons to it would be greatly appreciated 

3 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Thanks for the date. I am counting those. If you have a list to link to that I could make comparisons to it would be greatly appreciated 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FNyvbbU64Pb9lheg28gC_5fMalIYJ0aD763T7M1QqF0/edit#gid=0

You'll need to ignore the other regions, but this is very accurate.

My personal list (where I got the 497 from) includes Blaphemous (started shipping on Friday), Code: Realize and and Monster Energy Supercross 3 which come out this coming week.

3 hours ago, 11strings said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FNyvbbU64Pb9lheg28gC_5fMalIYJ0aD763T7M1QqF0/edit#gid=0

You'll need to ignore the other regions, but this is very accurate.

My personal list (where I got the 497 from) includes Blaphemous (started shipping on Friday), Code: Realize and and Monster Energy Supercross 3 which come out this coming week.

I use that as the base for my list already, though their organization is terrible in that spreadsheet. I'll go through it again but I'm fairly positive I have everything from that list. Theirs always looks way bigget because of all the digital games on their and other regions