IGNORED

The Switch Thread

I finally got a Switch and Mario Odyssey's on the way. Yay! I decided not to go for the Black Friday deal because it includes the old model Switch with the inferior battery.

47 minutes ago, SoleGoose said:

Starting playing Minit last night on @Gloves' recommendation and I'm loving it so far! Ended up scoring one of the alternate cover copies that SRG (the other SRG) put up for sale there at the end. Glad that I did!

Looks really good visually, but it would drive me nuts dying every 60 seconds. That's why I couldn't play Half-Minute Hero (although it was really fun to watch during GDQ).

Edited by ookii_risu
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ookii_risu said:

Looks really good visually, but it would drive me nuts dying every 60 seconds. That's why I couldn't play Half-Minute Hero (although it was really fun to watch during GDQ).

I won't lie, I decided to play it just for the art style, as the gameplay sounded like it wouldn't be my cup of tea. However, I'm rather surprised by how much I like it. Accomplishing or finding one new things in that sixty seconds is very rewarding, and the sense of depth that I thought would be lacking is definitely there. Dropped 72 minutes into it last night before I couldn't stay awake any longer.

• Like 1

I just realized that i completely left off all the crowdfunding games off my back order list.  Oof...

Store Game Title
Amazon Risk of Rain 2
  Heroland
  Blacksad
Best Buy Everspace
  Shovel Knight Treasure Trove
Gamestop Darksiders Genesis CE
Target Pokemon Sword & Shield Double Pack with Steelbook
Special Reserve Downwell
  Gris
  My Friend Pedro
Limited Run Freedom Planet
  Power Rangers
  Timespinner
  Turok/Turok 2 Double Pack
  Stranger Things 3 CE
  Fairy Fencer F
  Blazing Chrome
  Ms. Splosion Man
  Wandersong CE
  Duck Game
  River City Girls
First Press Hole New World
  Shadowbug
  Castle of Heart
Aksys Under Night In-Birth
  Code Realize CE
  Waku Waku Sweets
  Fishing Star
  Deadly Premonitions CE
Wired Productions Vostock
  Close to the Sun CE
Play Asia Ghost Blade
  Is It Wrong To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon
  Distraint Collection
Strictly Limited Bubble Bobble 4 Friends
  Slaps & Beans
Dispatch Games Radirgy Swag LE
Iam8bit Sayonara Wild Hearts
  Gorogoa
  Donut County
VGNYSoft Gigantic Army
GAME Luigi's Mansion with Steelbook
Shop4MegaStore Final Fantasy 7 & 8
NintendoSoup DragonQuest 1, 2, and 3
Super Rare  
Kickstarter Indiecalypse
  Chained Echoes
  Tunche
  Hazelnut Bastille
  Bushiden
  Steamboat Billy
  Netherworld
  MindSeize
Indiegogo Indivisible CE
Edited by Fleck586

45 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Hey @Fleck586 I saw you on you list you have Gigantic Army pre-ordered. Do you know much about that company? I saw some trepidation from some people on reddit about that place so I avoided it, but still kinda want it.

If I'm being completely honest, the collector bug bit me on that one. I saw limited release, low print numbers, and a relatively obscure company and played the rarity game with my conscience in order to justify that one. I don't know anything about the company at all, but I haven't seen any sort of vitriol toward them either. Where did you see that? 

6 minutes ago, Fleck586 said:

If I'm being completely honest, the collector bug bit me on that one. I saw limited release, low print numbers, and a relatively obscure company and played the rarity game with my conscience in order to justify that one. I don't know anything about the company at all, but I haven't seen any sort of vitriol toward them either. Where did you see that? 

Maybe I worded it poorly. I meant people were worried about the lack of any reputation not that there was a specific incident from this company. But people kept saying "it's going to be another Warned Collector's type company"

Edit: spelling

Edited by LeatherRebel5150

11 hours ago, ookii_risu said:

I finally got a Switch and Mario Odyssey's on the way. Yay! I decided not to go for the Black Friday deal because it includes the old model Switch with the inferior battery.

Your in for a blast once you get started on Switch gaming there are a lot of good stuff to be had. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Fleck586 said:

18 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Maybe I worded it poorly. I meant people were worried about the lack of any reputation not that there was a specific incident from this company. But people kept saying "it's going to be another Warned Collector's type company"

Edit: spelling

I think some of that was when it was first announced there was a bit of concern because the cart looked like was a EU release with a printed cover art for the US releases, believe all that had gotten ironed out and clarified. I had a twitter link to it but can't seem to find it now (never was good at searching things on there for old news) 

50 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Maybe I worded it poorly. I meant people were worried about the lack of any reputation no that there was a specific incident from this company. But people kept saying "it's Warned Collector's type company"

I do remember some people drawing that parallel but I think that was mostly because the Warned thing was so fresh yet in everyone's minds. 

24 minutes ago, MuNKeY said:

I think some of that was when it was first announced there was a bit of concern because the cart looked like was a EU release with a printed cover art for the US releases, believe all that had gotten ironed out and clarified. I had a twitter link to it but can't seem to find it now (never was good at searching things on there for old news) 

I'm so stupid when it comes to searching old tweets. I'm glad to hear they cleared the air, though.

My Steelbook addiction is causing me to go back and buy Collector's Editions that I had previously passed on. God help me, but they just look so cool! PixelJunk Monsters and Battle Chef Brigade are on their way as well as Pokemon Sword and Shield Double Pack from Target. Still need 6 more plus a few variants.

15736859987594203219459903375607.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

On 11/13/2019 at 6:06 PM, Fleck586 said:

My Steelbook addiction is causing me to go back and buy Collector's Editions that I had previously passed on. God help me, but they just look so cool! PixelJunk Monsters and Battle Chef Brigade are on their way as well as Pokemon Sword and Shield Double Pack from Target. Still need 6 more plus a few variants.

15736859987594203219459903375607.jpg

I started out going for full switch steelbook collection too but then my wallet and collecting fatigue hit me. So now I’m just going for the poiemon steelbooks. Only solved one of the two problems I had because my wallet still hates me...

Edited by Fluff

Im enjoying it so far! Im not a huge pokemon fan or anything. This is the first real pokemon game I've played since the originals but having a good time! Was really surprised by the multiplayer! Me and my girlfriend were able to meet up and run around together! We made curry and did a handful of dynamax battles! 😋That aspect has made it even more fun to me anyway. 

20191115_214447.jpg

• Like 1