IGNORED

The Switch Thread

1 hour ago, D~Funk said:

@SoleGoose They are pretty nice! @Quaze was the one who jumped on the Billy scene first and then he literally came down and set up my gameroom Billy's. I liked them so much i set up 5 1/2 more in the living room for movies and things. Nice to have so much shelf space! 

Haha hell yeah, was a great weekend! We'll have another one with a little less sweaty man work and a few more brews this weekend! All in all those Billy shelves turned out awesome!

On 11/4/2019 at 2:15 PM, 11strings said:

I looked over your list and it's pretty much as you said -  I think you're just missing a couple from last week, the 4 LABO games, and a couple of the oddballs like the 2nd release of Harvest Moon Light of Hope (complete edition) and the new Sonic Mania (without the plus).  There's a little bit of clusterf•ck with the release dates as not all the big chains have been consistent (like Remothered, Harvest Moon: Mad Dash, Wargroove, etc.) - probably will even out by the end of the year when the releases slow down.  

My list is by release date and follows very closely to the master list on the reddit Switch Collector group (with no pegi/asia releases).  General consensus there is to only add Limited Run games when they actually start shipping (and use the Ship date as the release date). 

oh, here's my switch stuff.

I went through the reddit list (thank you for the link by the way) and I found a about 3-4 that I missed from the past 2 weeks. So from what I've found there are 446 physical releases so far as of today (ESRB). This includes:

• any LRG games that have/are open for preorder but may not have shipped yet (I personally don't give them a release date because I don't trust LRG reporting)
  • 2 versions of Rocket League. Reddit has one listing with a variant. But I count them as 2 because they have unique box codes/barcodes
  • 2 versions of Sonic Mania/Plus same reason as above
  • Only 1 version of Harvest Moon Light of Hope as they have the same box code/barcode
  •  Does Not include the Labo as it seems most don't consider them a game including Nintendo themselves if I remember right

So again that link was great I always read the reddit on my phone and never saw their list. I'll be using it to compare my list to from now on.

24 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I went through the reddit list (thank you for the link by the way) and I found a about 3-4 that I missed from the past 2 weeks. So from what I've found there are 446 physical releases so far as of today (ESRB). This includes:

• any LRG games that have/are open for preorder but may not have shipped yet (I personally don't give them a release date because I don't trust LRG reporting)
  • 2 versions of Rocket League. Reddit has one listing with a variant. But I count them as 2 because they have unique box codes/barcodes
  • Only 1 version of Harvest Moon Light of Hope as they have the same box code/barcode
  •  Does Not include the Labo as it seems most don't consider them a game including Nintendo themselves if I remember right

So again that link was great I always read the reddit on my phone and never saw their list. I'll be using it to compare my list to from now on.

I think you have to count the Labo games. They have cartridges and are actually playable 

42 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Yeah, they can be slow to update sometimes, but the list very accurate.

On the Nintendo Switch Discord, it's pretty easy to get an accurate ship date as the "I got my notification for .... " message, will appear several times through the day lol.  If you like I can give you mine.

I agree with you on Rocket League and Sonic Mania.  Both should be counted as two/seperate (I did the same with my list).

Harvest Moon Light Special Edition and Special Edition Complete have different cart codes (and product codes) and the Complete edition has more content on the cart. Harvest Moon Light of Hope Special Edition HAC P AD6QA/LA-H-AD6QA-USA vs. Complete Edition HAC P AD6QE / LA-H-AD6QE-USA - edit:  also, for clarity the name of the standard edition is "Special Edition" (not talking about a limited edition) and they later updated it to "Special Edition Complete"

If someone is considering a full set of Switch games, and don't get the Labo Kits, they won't have a full set. 😉 

Also, I noticed you listed both Trine 4: Nightmare Prince and Trine 4 Ultimate Edition - tho the cover is different, the actual cart (and cart code on the game) is exactly the same.  The only difference is a download code and the cover.  In this way, it's more of a variant. 

Edited by 11strings

23 hours ago, D~Funk said:

@Makar here's most of my favorites and just cool games to have physical for Switch if you dont yet (minus some obvious Nintendo releases):

Astral Chain
Axiom Verge 
Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack
Battle Chasers Nightwar 
Battle Princess Madelyn 
Bayonetta 1&2 
Belt Action Collection (Capcom Beat Em Up)/Jp
Bendy and the Ink Machine
Binding of Isaac Afterbirth 
Blade Strangers 
BlazBlue: Centralfiction /Uk
Bloodstained Curse of the Moon 
Bloodstained Ritual of the Night 
Bomb Chicken
Caladrius Blaze /Jp 
Cat Quest
Cave Story+ 
Celeste 
Code of Princess EX 
Collection of Mana
Cosmic Star Heroine
Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy
Crystal Crisis 
Danmaku 3
Darksiders Warmastered Ed
Dark Souls Remastered
Dead Cells 
Death Road to Canada 
Diablo III Eternal Collection 
Disgaea 1 
Disgaea 4 
Disgaea 5 
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Doom
Dragon Marked for Death
Dragon Quest Builders
Dragon Quest Builders 2
Dragon Quest XI S 
Dust: An Elysian Tail 
Enter the Gungeon 
Flinthook 
Fox N Forests  /Uk
Furi 
Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams 
God Eater 3
Golf Story 
Guacamelee! One-Two Punch Collection
Guilty Gear 20th Anniversary /Jp
Hollow Knight 
I Am Setsuna
Iconoclasts 
Ittle Dew 2+ 
Katamari Reroll 
Killer Queen Black 
Kunio-Kun the World Classics Collection/Jp
Layers of Fear Legacy 
Lost Sphear
Mantis Burn Racing
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: Black Order
Max: the Curse of Brotherhood
Mega Man 11
Mega Man Legacy Collection 1&2
Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1&2
Moonlighter
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
My Time at Portia
Namco Museum Arcade Pac
Ni No Kuni
Octopath Traveler
Okami: Zekkeiban /Jp
Oniken + Odallus 
Onimusha: Warlords /Jp
Oninaki /Jp
Outlast I & II 
Overcooked 
Overcooked 2
Owlboy
Penguin Wars
PixelJunk Monsters 2
Poi: Explorer's Ed
Psikyo Collection Vol 1/Jp
Psikyo Collection Vol 2/Jp
Psikyo Collection Vol 3/Jp
Puyo Puyo & Tetris
Raiden V Directors Cut
Rayman Legends Definitive Ed
Red Faction Guerilla Re-Mars-Tered
RemiLore 
Retro City Rampage
Rocket League
Runner 3 
Salt & Sanctuary: Drowned Tome Ed
Sega Genesis Classics Collection
Senran Kagura Peach Ball
Shakedown Hawaii
Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Shining Resonance Refrain
Sine Mora EX
Slain: Back From Hell
Snipperclips Plus
SNK 40th Anniversary Collection
Stardew Valley/Jp
Steamworld Dig 2
Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection
Super Chariot /Uk
Super Meat Boy
Tales of Vesperia Definitive Ed
Tetris 99
The End Is Nigh
The Messenger
The Ninja Saviors
Tiny Barbarian DX
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Wild Guns Reloaded
Wonder Boy: The Dragons Trap
X-Morph Defense/Uk 
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna
Yoku's Island Express
Yooka-Laylee & the Impossible Lair
Ys VIII Lacramosa of Dana

And Some cool Digital games:

20XX
A Robot Named Fight
Aero Fighters 2
Aero Fighters 3
Blazing Star
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
Metal Slug 1-5 & X
Ninja Commando
Pulstar
Shock Troopers
Shock Troopers 2nd Squad
Strikers 1945 Plus
Top Hunter Roddy & Cathy
Konami Arcade Classic Anniversary Bundle 
Assault Android Cactus
Blasphemous
Blaster Master Zero 1 & 2
Blazing Chrome
Blossom Tales
Boxy Boy + Boxy Girl
Castle Crashers Remastered
Castlevania Anniversary Collection
Chasm
Contra Anniversary Collection
Crypt of the Necrodancer
Cuphead
Dandara
Devil Engine
Double Dragon IV
Downwell
Galaxy Champions TV
Gonner
Grandia HD Collection
Graceful Explosion Machine
Gunlord X
Gunman Clive HD Collection
Heavy Burger
Ikaruga
Kamiko
Katana Zero
Lode Runner Legacy
Lumines
Mechstermination Force
Mighty Gunvolt Burst
Mother Russia Bleeds
Neuro Voider
Ori & the Blind Forest
Pikuniku
Risk of Rain 2
Rive
Rolling Gunner
Lightening Force
Shovel Knight Treasure Trove
Super Blood Hockey
The Mummy Demastered
Tiny Metal
Tricky Towers
Wargroove
Wizard of Legend
Xeno Crisis

Holy crap that's a lot of games to look through lol. Thanks for the list!! What are your top 5-10 switch games?

Ok, just curious for those who collect physical full sets specifically because the Sonic mania thing. (Not asking as this has been a trend on other console topics here, but just genuinely interested)

If a release is a code for a download of the game with a toy or collectable,is it part of the full set?

Sonic mania collectors edition (the statue and stuff with code but no physical game) > Sonic mania plus (oversized shiny cardboard sleeve, artbook, and physical game)  > Sonic mania (nothing! You just get the cart!)

Are the last two the only ones that matter?

that really cute sans plush has me tempted to crack and double dip on undertale

8 hours ago, drxandy said:

Ok, just curious for those who collect physical full sets specifically because the Sonic mania thing. (Not asking as this has been a trend on other console topics here, but just genuinely interested)

If a release is a code for a download of the game with a toy or collectable,is it part of the full set?

Sonic mania collectors edition (the statue and stuff with code but no physical game) > Sonic mania plus (oversized shiny cardboard sleeve, artbook, and physical game)  > Sonic mania (nothing! You just get the cart!)

Are the last two the only ones that matter?

that really cute sans plush has me tempted to crack and double dip on undertale

I think to much is put into the not physical because it has a code debate. I collect good switch games with zero intentions on opening most because I can’t get them cheaper digitally. 

• Like 1

Like assholes everybody has an opinion. Mine is, for it to count it has to actually have the game in physical form in the case to count for a set. Selling me artwork, case, stuffed animal and a piece of paper doesn't make it a game. Its like saying you have to collect those prepaid game cards they sell at stores for them to count for the complete set.........

Edited by MasonSushi
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MasonSushi said:

Like assholes everybody has an opinion. Mine is, for it to count it has to actually have the game in physical form in the case to count for a set. Selling me artwork, case, stuffed animal and a piece of paper doesn't make it a game. Its like saying you have to collect those prepaid game cards they sell at stores for them to count for the complete set.........

Maybe that’s why I don’t care since I have no desire to have tons of filler games just to say I got the complete set. I plan to get the hollow knight/ undertale plushies. 

8 hours ago, MasonSushi said:

"For it to count it has to actually have the game in physical form in the case to count for a set." 

This is how i always viewed it. I'm not a full set collector but wouldn't count a game without an actual cart. I personally add them to my overall count when keeping track of my own Switch games but thats just me. 

@Makar Maybe this is a little less intimidating! 😅 i highly recommend Astral Chain and Xenoblade 2 if you haven't played them yet.

Physical:

Astral Chain
Axiom Verge 
Battle Chasers Nightwar 
Celeste 
Code of Princess EX 
Collection of Mana
Crystal Crisis 
Danmaku 3
Dark Souls Remastered
Dead Cells 
Dragon Quest XI S 
Enter the Gungeon 
Golf Story 
Hollow Knight 
Iconoclasts 
Mega Man 11
Ni No Kuni
Owlboy
The Messenger
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Yoku's Island Express

Ninja Commando
Assault Android Cactus
Blazing Chrome
Cuphead
Devil Engine
Gunlord X
Ikaruga
Mechstermination Force
Mighty Gunvolt Burst
Ori & the Blind Forest

Edited by D~Funk

1 hour ago, D~Funk said:

This is how i always viewed it. I'm not a full set collector but wouldn't count a game without an actual cart. I personally add them to my overall count when keeping track of my own Switch games but thats just me. 

Honestly the main game I’m defending is death squared since it was put out by the developers. 

23 hours ago, 11strings said:

Yeah, they can be slow to update sometimes, but the list very accurate.

On the Nintendo Switch Discord, it's pretty easy to get an accurate ship date as the "I got my notification for .... " message, will appear several times through the day lol.  If you like I can give you mine.

I agree with you on Rocket League and Sonic Mania.  Both should be counted as two/seperate (I did the same with my list).

Harvest Moon Light Special Edition and Special Edition Complete have different cart codes (and product codes) and the Complete edition has more content on the cart. Harvest Moon Light of Hope Special Edition HAC P AD6QA/LA-H-AD6QA-USA vs. Complete Edition HAC P AD6QE / LA-H-AD6QE-USA - edit:  also, for clarity the name of the standard edition is "Special Edition" (not talking about a limited edition) and they later updated it to "Special Edition Complete"

If someone is considering a full set of Switch games, and don't get the Labo Kits, they won't have a full set. 😉 

Also, I noticed you listed both Trine 4: Nightmare Prince and Trine 4 Ultimate Edition - tho the cover is different, the actual cart (and cart code on the game) is exactly the same.  The only difference is a download code and the cover.  In this way, it's more of a variant. 

I must've clicked on two of the same Harvest Noon listings on ebay when checking the info last night.  But you were right they are definitely different. I can't count Labo I just don't have it in me. They're more like accessories to me

2 hours ago, D~Funk said:

@Makar Maybe this is a little less intimidating! 😅 i highly recommend Astral Chain and Xenoblade 2 if you haven't played them yet.

Physical:

Astral Chain
Axiom Verge 
Battle Chasers Nightwar 
Celeste 
Code of Princess EX 
Collection of Mana
Crystal Crisis 
Danmaku 3
Dark Souls Remastered
Dead Cells 
Dragon Quest XI S 
Enter the Gungeon 
Golf Story 
Hollow Knight 
Iconoclasts 
Mega Man 11
Ni No Kuni
Owlboy
The Messenger
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Yoku's Island Express

Ninja Commando
Assault Android Cactus
Blazing Chrome
Cuphead
Devil Engine
Gunlord X
Ikaruga
Mechstermination Force
Mighty Gunvolt Burst
Ori & the Blind Forest

Lol thanks man! You have quite a few favorites lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Romiked2689 said:

Honestly the main game I’m defending is death squared since it was put out by the developers. 

How is that any different from Sega putting out the giant Sonic Mania bundle though and why would one count over the other? Its still just an empty case with a dlc code. Its cool to have but i would think it would be added to the little subset of Switch games that came with a dlc code instead of a cart and not a full Switch set. 

Edited by D~Funk

1 hour ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I must've clicked on two of the same Harvest Noon listings on ebay when checking the info last night.  But you were right they are definitely different. I can't count Labo I just don't have it in me. They're more like accessories to me

I find that hilarious. My kids love the fishing Labo game. You are seriously the first person I've seen challenge Labo counting. The code games I totally get both sides, but I just don't get the argument against Labo. Official 1st party release with a physical cartridge. It doesn't count because it's kitschy? 

• Like 1

Just went through and figured out what Switch games i have ordered still 😅 its pretty ridiculous! Everything is pretty much paid for too except for the Amazon games which is good cuz im at a point where i need to chill it on ordering stuff. Only planning on grabbing 1 more Limited Run game this month which i can't pass up and thats the Blasphemous Collectors Edition.

Screenshot_20191107-002432_Samsung Notes.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, D~Funk said:

How is that any different from Sega putting out the giant Sonic Mania bundle though and why would one count over the other? Its still just an empty case with a dlc code. Its cool to have but i would think it would be added to the little subset of Switch games that came with a dlc code instead of a cart and not a full Switch set. 

I mean that’s the switch sonic mania I’d want. I don’t see it as a big deal plus death squared didn’t have the required 1000 copies printed. Only 500 Australian and 150 esrb. It just does so much more for me that the game was released by developers sucks they couldn’t do a cart but they are small time. I got one of their auctions so I’m also happy to say they donated all my money to planting trees much better then a cart in my mind:p 

Editorials Team · Posted
7 hours ago, scaryice said:

It doesn't look like there's going to be any great deals on a Switch this Black Friday (games are another story, though). May have to bite the bullet and pick one up at full price...

It's Nintendo and it's selling like hotcakes.  It may never drop