IGNORED

The Switch Thread

got 4 games but was bummed. Not 1 in 3 gamestops in town had a links awakening or luigis mansion 3 used. They arent even available online used . Was thinking maybe I could buy them there with the deal and exchange for one with a case when one was in stock soon. Nope. Ended up getting Mario Tennis, Kirby, DK Tropical Freeze, & Astral Chain

Question for everyone. I bought Everspace on Amazon when it was on sale. I went to redeem the coins but it said it wasn't for my region. But its an ESRB game although im guessing Canadian since it has French on it. Are Canadian games not considered the same region. I assumed they are the same since its still ESRB but I might be wrong  

I haven't up until recently picked up Switch stuff as I just haven't the time and backlog.  But seeing some nutty sales after Black Friday I did end up grabbing Umihara Kawase and also Collection of Mana for 1/2 off, then I got Dragon Quest 11S too with a nice cut before those two, and now I've got Zelda Link's Awakening for Christmas so now I have stuff to do for months.

I was considering that Everspace people are talking about, amazing game, but I've got it on my PC through GoG.  It really should not be missed as it's fantastic.  There is a sequel due out in a bit over a year from now (2021) and I'm sure curious to see how that plays out.

So while the Switch I bought for Christmas is technically for my son, unsurprisingly, I have more gaming hours logged with it so far.  

He has been playing Mario Kart 8, but I've been playing the Link's Awakening remake.  I have to say that I'm loving Link's Awakening.  This is coming from someone who hasn't played more than an hour of the original game, but I think it has the perfect balance of difficulty and puzzles.  I'm guessing the remake is probably a little easier with more hints, but I'm ok with that.  My adult schedule doesn't allow as much free time which makes it difficult to search every little thing.  

Administrator · Posted
39 minutes ago, Fleck586 said:

Did it piss you off that the games aren't in the box? I thought that was weird that they didn't find room for them in there. Just sitting in a separate piece of cardboard on top of the chest. Kinda irked me TBH.

I actually prefer it this way - you get the games in a physical format that matches the rest of the normal editions of games on your shelf, but with some extra goodies in a cool, separate box. Now you don't have to haul out and open up the big pain in the ass box whenever you wanna play the games.

Editorials Team · Posted
8 minutes ago, Estil said:

And what pretell is wrong with collector's editions?  As Gomer Pyle would say in that poker game episode, golly Dr Mario, with all those different variations of a game, don't you want the best?

The room they take up, the expense, the fact you're paying $50 for some baubles and trading cards, the way the base edition falls to $19.99 in under the year...

14 minutes ago, Estil said:

And what pretell is wrong with collector's editions?  As Gomer Pyle would say in that poker game episode, golly Dr Mario, with all those different variations of a game, don't you want the best?

5 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

The room they take up, the expense, the fact you're paying $50 for some baubles and trading cards, the way the base edition falls to $19.99 in under the year...

Pretty much all this stuff. But mostly the space and cost.

On 12/30/2019 at 2:36 AM, Reed Rothchild said:

Did my annual stop-in to Wal Mart since I was in the area.  Saw a title I'd never heard of, in addition to a giant pile of Tiny Troopers games

(pic stolen from the internet)

worldofSim1.jpg

I saw this listed on NScollectors reddit list of releases but couldn't find any evidence online. But it might be another one of those weird Wal Mart drops like Professional Farmer

• 2 weeks later...
Editorials Team · Posted
17 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

That would be awesome, but I seriously doubt they will be sold separately physically.  But if so, I would be all over that.  

If they do the typical thing and release a physical with one game on cart and two download codes, I assume it would be three separate eShop listings

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

If they do the typical thing and release a physical with one game on cart and two download codes, I assume it would be three separate eShop listings

That sounds about right.  Of course with it being Bioshock, if there is anything physical, I will probably get it.