IGNORED

The Switch Thread

1 hour ago, D~Funk said:

Sweet collection yo! I dig the presentation! Yoku's Island Express is awesome! currently at 386 Switch games myself! Cool to see other large collections out there!

Thanks! I just collect the esrb standards, joy-cons and pro controllers. I'm somewhere around 450.  I'll occasionally pick up a CERO or PEGI release but I've grown hesitant as they eventually release stateside and I'm forced to double-dip.

You've got a sweet set-up yourself!

Edited by 11strings

There are so many subjuects that have come up in the last few days that I want to comment on when I have time, but for now if anyone is going to buy anything from Play-Asia before the end of the year, have $5 on me!  I'm probably not going to use it.  Just reply if you used the coupon to let everyone know.

4L-YHA-Q4Q

2 hours ago, 11strings said:

I looked over your list and it's pretty much as you said -  I think you're just missing a couple from last week, the 4 LABO games, and a couple of the oddballs like the 2nd release of Harvest Moon Light of Hope (complete edition) and the new Sonic Mania (without the plus).  There's a little bit of clusterf•ck with the release dates as not all the big chains have been consistent (like Remothered, Harvest Moon: Mad Dash, Wargroove, etc.) - probably will even out by the end of the year when the releases slow down.  

My list is by release date and follows very closely to the master list on the reddit Switch Collector group (with no pegi/asia releases).  General consensus there is to only add Limited Run games when they actually start shipping (and use the Ship date as the release date). 

oh, here's my switch stuff.

switchgames.jpg

DEEEEEEEEEEUUUUMN son, looks epic! Love the layout and presentation, nothin' like just a wall of red standing out in the collection 😛 

4 hours ago, D~Funk said:

Fresh Switch collection pic! At 386 right now. Going to need to move the PS3 games underneath before too long. I am at capacity here and already have some shit off to the side i can't fit. 

20191104_124339.jpg

20191104_124237.jpg

Very nice man! What are some of your favorite switch games? I'm always looking for more, since I know I'm missing some in this vast library

6 hours ago, 11strings said:

I looked over your list and it's pretty much as you said -  I think you're just missing a couple from last week, the 4 LABO games, and a couple of the oddballs like the 2nd release of Harvest Moon Light of Hope (complete edition) and the new Sonic Mania (without the plus).  There's a little bit of clusterf•ck with the release dates as not all the big chains have been consistent (like Remothered, Harvest Moon: Mad Dash, Wargroove, etc.) - probably will even out by the end of the year when the releases slow down.  

My list is by release date and follows very closely to the master list on the reddit Switch Collector group (with no pegi/asia releases).  General consensus there is to only add Limited Run games when they actually start shipping (and use the Ship date as the release date). 

oh, here's my switch stuff.

switchgames.jpg

Very cool!! What is that dark blue controller on the far left? And the darker reddish brown one in the middle of the red and neon pink joycons?

14 minutes ago, Makar said:

Very cool!! What is that dark blue controller on the far left? And the darker reddish brown one in the middle of the red and neon pink joycons?

Blue joy-cons are from the Japanese Dragon Quest XI S Console, the darker red ones are the "Mario" joy-cons released in Japan around the time of Super Mario Odyssey 

35 minutes ago, D~Funk said:

@Fleck586 Damn Yo! Just Bursting with Switch games! So much awesome stuff! Would love those Astral Chain and Daemon X Machina CEs! Whats that big bikini anime splash game on the bottom right? 

That's the Omega Labrynth Life CE. Japanese people crack me up. It's a garden sim/school sim/RPG where your character's boobs get bigger as they level up. It sounds bad but its actually a pretty good game. Lol!

• Wow! 1

@Makar here's most of my favorites and just cool games to have physical for Switch if you dont yet (minus some obvious Nintendo releases):

Astral Chain
Axiom Verge 
Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack
Battle Chasers Nightwar 
Battle Princess Madelyn 
Bayonetta 1&2 
Belt Action Collection (Capcom Beat Em Up)/Jp
Bendy and the Ink Machine
Binding of Isaac Afterbirth 
Blade Strangers 
BlazBlue: Centralfiction /Uk
Bloodstained Curse of the Moon 
Bloodstained Ritual of the Night 
Bomb Chicken
Caladrius Blaze /Jp 
Cat Quest
Cave Story+ 
Celeste 
Code of Princess EX 
Collection of Mana
Cosmic Star Heroine
Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy
Crystal Crisis 
Danmaku 3
Darksiders Warmastered Ed
Dark Souls Remastered
Dead Cells 
Death Road to Canada 
Diablo III Eternal Collection 
Disgaea 1 
Disgaea 4 
Disgaea 5 
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Doom
Dragon Marked for Death
Dragon Quest Builders
Dragon Quest Builders 2
Dragon Quest XI S 
Dust: An Elysian Tail 
Enter the Gungeon 
Flinthook 
Fox N Forests  /Uk
Furi 
Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams 
God Eater 3
Golf Story 
Guacamelee! One-Two Punch Collection
Guilty Gear 20th Anniversary /Jp
Hollow Knight 
I Am Setsuna
Iconoclasts 
Ittle Dew 2+ 
Katamari Reroll 
Killer Queen Black 
Kunio-Kun the World Classics Collection/Jp
Layers of Fear Legacy 
Lost Sphear
Mantis Burn Racing
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: Black Order
Max: the Curse of Brotherhood
Mega Man 11
Mega Man Legacy Collection 1&2
Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1&2
Moonlighter
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
My Time at Portia
Namco Museum Arcade Pac
Ni No Kuni
Octopath Traveler
Okami: Zekkeiban /Jp
Oniken + Odallus 
Onimusha: Warlords /Jp
Oninaki /Jp
Outlast I & II 
Overcooked 
Overcooked 2
Owlboy
Penguin Wars
PixelJunk Monsters 2
Poi: Explorer's Ed
Psikyo Collection Vol 1/Jp
Psikyo Collection Vol 2/Jp
Psikyo Collection Vol 3/Jp
Puyo Puyo & Tetris
Raiden V Directors Cut
Rayman Legends Definitive Ed
Red Faction Guerilla Re-Mars-Tered
RemiLore 
Retro City Rampage
Rocket League
Runner 3 
Salt & Sanctuary: Drowned Tome Ed
Sega Genesis Classics Collection
Senran Kagura Peach Ball
Shakedown Hawaii
Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Shining Resonance Refrain
Sine Mora EX
Slain: Back From Hell
Snipperclips Plus
SNK 40th Anniversary Collection
Stardew Valley/Jp
Steamworld Dig 2
Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection
Super Chariot /Uk
Super Meat Boy
Tales of Vesperia Definitive Ed
Tetris 99
The End Is Nigh
The Messenger
The Ninja Saviors
Tiny Barbarian DX
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Wild Guns Reloaded
Wonder Boy: The Dragons Trap
X-Morph Defense/Uk 
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna
Yoku's Island Express
Yooka-Laylee & the Impossible Lair
Ys VIII Lacramosa of Dana

And Some cool Digital games:

20XX
A Robot Named Fight
Aero Fighters 2
Aero Fighters 3
Blazing Star
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
Metal Slug 1-5 & X
Ninja Commando
Pulstar
Shock Troopers
Shock Troopers 2nd Squad
Strikers 1945 Plus
Top Hunter Roddy & Cathy
Konami Arcade Classic Anniversary Bundle 
Assault Android Cactus
Blasphemous
Blaster Master Zero 1 & 2
Blazing Chrome
Blossom Tales
Boxy Boy + Boxy Girl
Castle Crashers Remastered
Castlevania Anniversary Collection
Chasm
Contra Anniversary Collection
Crypt of the Necrodancer
Cuphead
Dandara
Devil Engine
Double Dragon IV
Downwell
Galaxy Champions TV
Gonner
Grandia HD Collection
Graceful Explosion Machine
Gunlord X
Gunman Clive HD Collection
Heavy Burger
Ikaruga
Kamiko
Katana Zero
Lode Runner Legacy
Lumines
Mechstermination Force
Mighty Gunvolt Burst
Mother Russia Bleeds
Neuro Voider
Ori & the Blind Forest
Pikuniku
Risk of Rain 2
Rive
Rolling Gunner
Lightening Force
Shovel Knight Treasure Trove
Super Blood Hockey
The Mummy Demastered
Tiny Metal
Tricky Towers
Wargroove
Wizard of Legend
Xeno Crisis

Edited by D~Funk

4 hours ago, Fleck586 said:

Here is the most recent setup I've got. The only things not pictured are the Labo kits and a bunch of accessories. My Switch games kind of took over our DVD/Blu Ray area. I need to find better options for shelving soon. I don't like having stacks in front of stacks.

20191104_201139.jpg

20191104_201155.jpg

Wow, that is an awesome collection! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one having issues displaying it. I had to resort to most of my collector editions being safely packed and stored in storage until I figure something out as my game room is tiny compared to most of everyone. 😞 Right now, reorganizing everything once again seeing what I can do.  I think I will just remove my 300 something PS2 games and using that for Switch since I am not actively going for a complete PS2 set and probably won't for a while.

• Like 1

Just read through this thread, and wow. You guys have incredible collections! 

I'm not collecting Switch, instead just getting things one at a time to beat. Not sure how much it is in the States, but over here a game called Muddledash was on sale on the eShop. I'd highly recommend it. Easiest way to describe it is a racing party game, only you play as an octopus trying to get to the goal before the others. Great couch co-op and worth the $2.50 I got it for. 

1 hour ago, Romiked2689 said:

Finally got an item sold at New York Nintendo store! The story is that the first 100 people got this master edition signed. So that’s why it’s got a double seal. Zero plans to open it so y’all gonna have to trust me it’s the real mccoy  

E925E56C-C004-495D-B935-0701ABDCC9CF.jpeg

That's awesome! Some day I wil own that Master Edition. So pissed. I had one in my cart from BB and waited 5 minutes to pay and they were sold out.

12 hours ago, Skorp said:

Wow, that is an awesome collection! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one having issues displaying it. I had to resort to most of my collector editions being safely packed and stored in storage until I figure something out as my game room is tiny compared to most of everyone. 😞 Right now, reorganizing everything once again seeing what I can do.  I think I will just remove my 300 something PS2 games and using that for Switch since I am not actively going for a complete PS2 set and probably won't for a while.

It's a real problem. I keep getting sucked into buying them because the extras are so cool. I have completely run out of room. I am going to redo a bunch of shelving this winter and reorganize. Might sell some stuff off that I don't care about to make room. @D-Funk, where did you get that skinny shelf in the corner with all of your 3DS games? I need at least two of those.

*edit* Shit. How do you tag people here again?

Edited by Fleck586

@Fleck586 You can get them at Ikea (also online ikea). They are part of the Billy line up of shelves i think. They aren't as deep as a regular billy though. They do make like a double wide one or about half Billy size one as well. I have one of those in the living room/movie area where i did the same sorta corner thing. 

Here you go, found some links: 

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/gnedby-shelf-unit-black-brown-50277147/

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/billy-bookcase-black-brown-90263836/

20191105_124629.jpg

Edited by D~Funk

5 minutes ago, D~Funk said:

@Fleck586 You can get them at Ikea (also online ikea). They are part of the Billy line up of shelves i think. They aren't as deep as a regular billy though. They do make like a double wide one or about half Billy size one as well. I have one of those in the living room/movie area where i did the same sorta corner thing. 

Here you go, found some links: 

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/gnedby-shelf-unit-black-brown-50277147/

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/billy-bookcase-black-brown-s79217737/

20191105_124629.jpg

I've been eying that type of Billy setup with the corner shelf since '08 or so. Not for games, but for books. Neat to see someone actually do it.

• Thanks 1

@SoleGoose They are pretty nice! @Quaze was the one who jumped on the Billy scene first and then he literally came down and set up my gameroom Billy's. I liked them so much i set up 5 1/2 more in the living room for movies and things. Nice to have so much shelf space! 

Edited by D~Funk

5 minutes ago, D~Funk said:

@SoleGoose They are pretty nice! @Quaze was the one who jumped on the Billy scene first and then he literally came down and set up my gameroom Billy's. I liked them so much i set up 5 1/2 more in the living room for movies and things. Nice to have so much shelf space! 

Speaking of Billy shelves, you know if they make any in solid wood, or is that a similar but different named IKEA shelf? IKEA shelving is pretty fair, but if you're going to have any significant weight on a shelf for significant periods of time, you need solid wood, even it it's pine.

I'm not knocking the billy's cause I'll probably be dropping a fair chunk of change on them when I get a house with an office/game room, but I really hope I can at least pick up wood shelves to put on the ones that will be more load bearing.