IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

On 3/7/2020 at 8:20 AM, arch_8ngel said:

needless ignorance

This really sums up the entire thing in a nutshell.

Michigan hasn't had any confirmed cases yet (to my knowledge) yet a few towns are reporting toilet paper shortages/outages.

Toilet. Paper.

It really begs the questions; just how much toilet paper do people fucking use? I bought like one "mega pack" of like a dozen+ rolls six months ago, and am still several rolls away from running out lol

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, SpoonMan Abrams X said:

This really sums up the entire thing in a nutshell.

Michigan hasn't had any confirmed cases yet (to my knowledge) yet a few towns are reporting toilet paper shortages/outages.

Toilet. Paper.

It really begs the questions; just how much toilet paper do people fucking use? I bought like one "mega pack" of like a dozen+ rolls six months ago, and am still several rolls away from running out lol

If you really use a single roll of toilet paper in a 2-3 week time span, kudos to you good sir.  It's just me and my kid and we blow through at least one a week!

10 hours ago, SpoonMan Abrams X said:

Toilet. Paper.

I suspect most people are reacting to a perceived upcoming shortage and are preparing for a situation where they really can't get it (of course their actions are creating those same circumstances(albeit only temporarily) now).   As far as I know the toilet paper consumed in the US is manufactured in the US - so no possible supply chain issues from China are involved.  If we get to point where that is a problem there will be far more critical problems facing us.

I haven't figured out why some people apparently are doing the same with water.   I kinda understood (although I didn't agree with it) the rationale for stashing water away  in that overblown Y2K crap - but that certainly doesn't apply here.

It always amazes me that when a major storm is forecast for Denver people descend on the grocery storeythings like a plague of locusts and strip them of consumables such as dairy products and baked goods,  I have seen people with carts containing at least 10 gallons of milk.  I really like milk too but that seems more than somewhat excessive - especially since major storms in the Denver area only rarely make the roads difficult to traverse for more than a day or two - which means the grocery stores can restock pretty rapidly.

Edited by Tabonga

5 hours ago, epiclotus said:

Looks like WHO has finally labeled it a pandemic.  A little late to the party...

Who cares?

Trump said we are good, and I guess his uncle went to MIT in the 30s so he knows what hes talking about. 

“its just like the flu. People should go back to work”

https://youtu.be/VcEnG7qxnLY

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Got any evidence to back that up? Curious what makes you think that. 

Sure. Let's first stop and think for a moment, does the coronavirus listen to man-made boundaries? No? Well then why does the WHO act otherwise?

It's a known fact the WHO refuses to let Taiwan, a nation that's located in the middle of the whole mess, into WHO based on bullying from China:

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/02/28/taiwan-who-coronavirus-china-international-organizations/

Likewise the head of WHO was quick to praise China's handling of the situation:

https://amp.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3050351/coronavirus-who-head-stands-his-praise-china-and-xi-jinping

He was even quoted somewhere as saying if he got coronavirus, he'd much prefer to be in China to receive treatment for it. Would you guys? Well I wouldn't, but then again I'm also sure that the WHO president's home country is receiving funding from China's belt and road initiative, so definitely he wouldn't want to speak out with truths, rather than praise.

Going to the WHO website shows there's roughly 81000 people with coronavirus in the Combined China, Taiwan, etc, yet in reality Taiwan only has about 40 (forty) cases total. Quite misleading, right? And it's all due to the organisation kowtowing to China, prior to 2016 Taiwan was allowed to participate in WHA meetings.

The (bogus) statistics make it look as though the people living in Taiwan, such as myself, are swimming in coronavirus, yet that's not the case at all. But due to the misconception, which lies partially on the head of WHO, we then have situations as this occuring:

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3893582

If the WHO actually CARES about combatting this, shouldn't they make an effort to be providing accurate information, and to be working together with all nations around the world, instead of just working based on political lines, after all coronavirus isn't political. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Get a bidet, it will change your life. 

Right. Or at the very least baby wipes. I stopped just using dry TP when i was a teen and realized how much cleaner you could be with even just baby wipes. One day i will get a Toto installed though lol 

I did some online stuff today and got this message about the branch we usually  go to:

A staff member at our Lakewood branch was exposed to an individual who tested positive for Coronavirus. In an abundance of caution we are closing the branch for deep cleaning. We will reopen tomorrow, March 12th. Please utilize Digital Banking or our ATM Network for your financial needs.

9 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Sure. Let's first stop and think for a moment, does the coronavirus listen to man-made boundaries? No? Well then why does the WHO act otherwise?

It's a known fact the WHO refuses to let Taiwan, a nation that's located in the middle of the whole mess, into WHO based on bullying from China:

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/02/28/taiwan-who-coronavirus-china-international-organizations/

Likewise the head of WHO was quick to praise China's handling of the situation:

https://amp.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3050351/coronavirus-who-head-stands-his-praise-china-and-xi-jinping

He was even quoted somewhere as saying if he got coronavirus, he'd much prefer to be in China to receive treatment for it. Would you guys? Well I wouldn't, but then again I'm also sure that the WHO president's home country is receiving funding from China's belt and road initiative, so definitely he wouldn't want to speak out with truths, rather than praise.

Going to the WHO website shows there's roughly 81000 people with coronavirus in the Combined China, Taiwan, etc, yet in reality Taiwan only has about 40 (forty) cases total. Quite misleading, right? And it's all due to the organisation kowtowing to China, prior to 2016 Taiwan was allowed to participate in WHA meetings.

The (bogus) statistics make it look as though the people living in Taiwan, such as myself, are swimming in coronavirus, yet that's not the case at all. But due to the misconception, which lies partially on the head of WHO, we then have situations as this occuring:

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3893582

If the WHO actually CARES about combatting this, shouldn't they make an effort to be providing accurate information, and to be working together with all nations around the world, instead of just working based on political lines, after all coronavirus isn't political. 

Interesting, thanks for the links.  Much more political than I was expecting, but I can see why you feel the way you do.   I dont care for Chinas belt and road policy at all. 

I disagree with “dont listen to a word they say” However- I still think they are actively looking to improve the situation, just with some wink wink nudge nudge on the side. 

8 minutes ago, Magus said:

Right. Or at the very least baby wipes. I stopped just using dry TP when i was a teen and realized how much cleaner you could be with even just baby wipes. One day i will get a Toto installed though lol 

Careful, some baby wipes arent made to be flushable and can clog up your pipes. Good to see you around Man! Still have my iceman litho (and statue) 😉

@MrWunderful : The whole thing is very much politicised, even the name change of the virus. 😉 Imo if things are truly a serious matter, politics should be left out of it. 

On another note, I'm quite happy that authorities here did so much to help the local people, it makes China even sicker when they look across the strait and see a huge difference in outbreak.

Just for a fun fact: the amount of infection in Taiwan is about 0.05% of the number that WHO is presenting. 😄

Edited by fcgamer

57 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Careful, some baby wipes arent made to be flushable and can clog up your pipes. Good to see you around Man! Still have my iceman litho (and statue) 😉

Thanks! I'm so happy you liked them. 

And yeah for sure, the ones i get are plumber approved.