IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

47 minutes ago, Gamegearguy said:

Whoever thought the coronavirus up did a great job. Congratulations for basically destroying the world.

I am sure one political party will blame it on the other...for trying to get China involved and corupt and election...

That's right, I brought it back to politics! 🙂

Editorials Team · Posted
3 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

Also. The disease is out there in the community already and it's airborne. You can't hide from it forever. People you know will probably get sick, I may get sick. My kids may get sick. We'll get better if we do. Life will suck for a week then will go on.

If that happens, I'll avoid my grandmother and other high risk people. Same rules that apply every cold/flu season. This widespread panic is too much!

It won't be getting better for the people who need a ventilator and are stuck in the ICU hallway

• Like 2

8 hours ago, tbone3969 said:

NHL season suspended too.  March Madness games with no fans in attendance.  Forest Gump infected.

This is a weird time for sure.

I'm just grateful that the virus isn't much deadlier than it is.  I mean all of this stuff going on as it is, imagine how much worse it could be.

Seriously, the NBA and NHL is completely shuttered?  Will we even be able to have the NCAA Tournament on schedule?  Wow, I would've never imagined anything like this could really happen...

As for what Californication (he must be a Red Hot Chili Peppers fan) said about buying gold, I thought the idea of investing is to buy low, sell high?

Edited by Estil

1 minute ago, Estil said:

I'm just grateful that the virus isn't much deadlier than it is.  I mean all of this stuff going on as it is, imagine how much worse it could be.

Seriously, the NHL is completely shuttered?  Will we even be able to have the NCAA Tournament on schedule?  Wow, I would've never imagined anything like this could really happen...

As for what Californication (he must be a Red Hot Chili Peppers fan) said about buying gold, I thought the idea of investing is to buy low, sell high?

Cancelled

Anyone want to place bets on when they admit that Trump has covid-19?

Evidently the Brazilian president and his press secretary both tested positive following their close-quarters meeting with Trump (after Trump supposedly refused to be tested following HIS contact with multiple people that were at least presumed-positive following CPAC)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

Evidently the Brazilian president and his press secretary both tested positive following their close-quarters meeting with Trump (after Trump supposedly refused to be tested following HIS contact with multiple people that were at least presumed-positive following CPAC)

Sometimes the universe waits for people to get cocky.

1 hour ago, Estil said:

Our SEC Tournament was canceled also.  Wow, I would've never thought anything short of all out invasion/war or something would completely cancel college b'ball's signature event.

It looks like most sports are outright canceled or postponed. The XFL and Nascar are going ahead with no fans in the stands. At last I checked anyway.   

Im so mentally fucked up right now about this.   I’ve been on leave the past 6 weeks after the birth of my little girl but I go back tomorrow to forced very close contact with the general public.  The worst bit is my employer is so buffoonish that I know their response is inadequate to non existent.  Fuck me.

2 hours ago, arch_8ngel said:

I said the high level meetings being classified says a lot about the situation. I think he has it too but I think there is a lot more we dont know as well.

Events Helper · Posted
10 hours ago, Benihana said:

I hour in and already passed the 7% mark...lets hope for a huge rebound today! My 401K needs it 🙂

No kidding.........Our local college has cancelled all in classroom classes and went strictly online for the rest of the semester.........prolly 6 weeks left too......

13 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

No kidding.........Our local college has cancelled all in classroom classes and went strictly online for the rest of the semester.........prolly 6 weeks left too......

Just about every college out here did that. USC, UCLA, Loyola Marymount, the CSU system, etc.

11 hours ago, arch_8ngel said:

We hit that breaker earlier in the week on way less-bad news than what transpired last night.

I'm guessing we bump into the 13% down breaker, as well.

Whether we END the day that low is another matter, but shutting off European trans-atlantic flights for a month is probably perceived as more severe short-term news than the oil war between Saudi Arabia and Russia.

As someone who works on the street, let me state that the “circuit breakers” are bullshit. They were implemented a long time ago and are no longer valid considering bot trades. It’s chaos on wall st. The circuit breakers are meant to be a “time-out” to reconsider their “sell”s... the bots don’t have emotion. They sell on numbers, and that’s exactly why we went from -7% to -10% by EOD. Nobody cares about that breaker. The breakers incite even more panic, and every trader like me on the street knows it. It’s not helpful. There are more baskets and bots nowadays than there are retail individual investors. It’s old mentality, and it only encourages more sell side additions to the book. 
^This isn’t a shot on you, I’m more or less building on the facts of what this is and more or less agreeing / building on what you’ve stated.

**Decade experience as a successful registered licensed trader.

as for airlines and travel ban, I agree. Oil will be hit by far worse measure due to The ME war against Russia’s oil stance.

good post, I enjoyed reading that! Glad that more than just us on the street see these things....

for those who don’t know... worst day on the street since black Monday of ‘87.

far more to come...

At this point, the goal should be "flatten the curve" and spread the number of infections out over the longest period of time possible.  This would help the healthcare system avoid becoming overwhelmed.  But with a majority of Americans living paycheck to paycheck, I don't know if we can practically shut down the country to help contain outbreaks.

Events Helper · Posted
WORK EMAIL i JUST RECEIVED..........

Team Members,

I wanted to share some information regarding our efforts here at Greenfield to help combat the Covid-19 virus, otherwise known as the Coronavirus.

We have asked our cleaning crew to be here 7 days a week for the next 60 days (possibly  beyond that if needed) among some other efforts below: 
  • Cleaning service will now be here 7 days a week cleaning up to 3x a day with the sanitizing and disinfecting being the main priority.  This includes sanitizing tables, door handles / knobs, keyboards that are used for common area computers, as well as all other common area items and spaces.
  • We are having them add the sanitizer stations in all common areas and shared office areas for everyone to use for their hands and for wiping down items as needed or as people desire.
  • One thing that our cleaning service mentioned that we wanted to pass onto everyone is that people may see streaks on the tables and such, this doesn't mean they are not clean - this is streaks left by the sanitation products used to kill bacteria and viruses. 

Additionally here are some protective health practises we should all be aware of and follow as much as possible provided by the CDC (Center for Disease Control):

1. Avoid sick people whenever possible.
2. Avoid animals that are not known to you (alive or dead). 
3. If you have animals that roam free at times before returning to your home, it is advised to temporarily stop or limit these activities if unsupervised by you.
4. Wash your hands often with soap and water or use alcohol based hand sanitizers 
5. Currently, the CDC does not recommend the use of face masks among the general public.
6. As with any sickness, strengthening your immune system with good sleep and stress management techniques (as much as one can) is the best defense.

More to follow in our Communication Meetings next week, thanks everyone. 

2 hours ago, jonebone said:

I said the high level meetings being classified says a lot about the situation. I think he has it too but I think there is a lot more we dont know as well.

Biological weapon created by that plant in Wuhan, by the Chinese, which somehow got leaked. Seems possible to me.

Edited by fcgamer
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1