IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Ok this is going to look long winded, it's not, but it's an item breakdown list that'll drop this.

Yesterday I went out, hit a couple half price books, and well, it wasn't a deal exactly, broke even or saved $5 really, not that I care considering.  Got this nice Greyninja for $15 and Ocarina of Time 3D for $20...both fantastic, clean, complete.  The green thing, a goodwill loss, got it on the side of a powerjoy 3 thing that was utterly dead even after reflowing all the solder etc it just wouldn't power at all so some chip fried I guess (-$7.)

Now the tease from yesterday I got this tub of goodies here for $40, and because I drove across town for it I had Tecmo, NHL95, Griffey, F-Zero, NBA Jam and Final Fight thrown in for rolling over to a porch pickup. 🙂  Anyway here's the list in case the image isn't nice enough.  There was this Epyx left handed joystick/gamepad thing but the stick wasn't working all direction so it's out and I have a weird issue with the PSX, trying to track it down as it drops gamepad function after a time(slowly) but unplugging fixes it??

(SNES) NBA Jam
(SNES) Ken Griffey Jr Presents Major League Baseball
(SNES) Spider-Man
(SNES) Final Fight
(SNES) F-Zero
(SNES) Madden 96
(NES) Mega Man 2
(NES) Kung Fu
(NES) Punch-Out!!
(GEN) Tecmo Super Bowl
(GEN) NHL 94
(GEN) NHL 95
(PC) Rogue Spear
(PSX) Triple Play Baseball 99
(PSX) Triple Play Baseball 2000
(PSX) Spec Ops Stealth Patrol (no manual)

NES Satellite
NES Max
NES (2) Zapper
NES AC Adapter
NES RF Adapter
N64 Rumble Pack (no battery door)

GEN RF Adapter+Cable ext
GEN AC Adapter
GEN (2) Controllers

PSX SCPH 5501 w/AV cable + Power Cable + (2) Controllers
PSX Dual Shock Gray
PSX Official Sony Memory Card (translucent blue)
PSX Performance Gamepad
PSX Performance Memory Card

MISC
YHI Power Adaptor +12VDC/1.25A 4872A185 Model YS-1015-U12
AC Adaptor Model +4.5VDC/0.6 Model ARFEA415C (S)

july18finds.jpg

july18-fbfind.jpg

• Like 14

Some fun things came in this week!

I've been eagerly anticipating this Guide to JRPG book that covers every title in the genre, and took the opportunity to finally pick up a copy of the NES/Famicom Visual Compendium.

X2LtlQnQSfSAqWfNYw5OzA.jpg.eee66b6abf2c551cee171b5c3b3fd030.jpg

Then, a couple of pickups at the store in the form of Alex Kidd and Y's, and the arrival of No More Heroes 1 & 2 from LRG.

LNpToj3LQQWcCnbL0sROVg.jpg.f73402ca6faea09d4560eb49d249da0e.jpg

My wife had ordered more AC x HK cards fro whatever reason, and I was able to get 2 of the 3 MHS Amiibo. When I was at the store, an older lady had come from 45 minutes away to get the set, and the EB Games only had one left of the cat character. There's only one EB on the island, so I'm glad she got it. I'm sure I'll come across one eventually.

I9KBjlwoTNmll986YQi6jw.jpg.5b793b773ab0800f7aad8615f741b476.jpg

...and, the Skyward Sword set. I didn't play the original on Wii, but this seems like a better time to jump in.

g86DUFaGR36Zq0TU4O-AaQ.jpg.047f40ef6ba956909acf74fe30448912.jpg

That's it for this week; take care everyone!

Edited by Renmauzo
  • Like 7
  • Love 3

29 minutes ago, Renmauzo said:

I've been eagerly anticipating this Guide to JRPG book that covers every title in the genre, and took the opportunity to finally pick up a copy of the NES/Famicom Visual Compendium.

X2LtlQnQSfSAqWfNYw5OzA.jpg.eee66b6abf2c551cee171b5c3b3fd030.jpg

Fun fact: I’m listed as a contributor on that NES/Famicom Visual Compendium, for having backed it in the Kickstarter.

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

On 7/15/2021 at 8:18 PM, drxandy said:

@MegaMan52play japanese Mario kart next if you can! The mock ads for companies are great. Also Mario party jpn Luigi and wario say 'oh my god!' when they do bad and it's incredible.

Not only that, but the Japanese version of Mario Party plays different music ("Move to the Mambo") in the Balloon Burst and Musical Mushroom Mini-Games:

• Like 5

On 7/18/2021 at 11:31 AM, TrekMD said:

Had these arrive this week...

Sega_Genesis_(99).jpg

ColecoVision_(15).jpg

ColecoVision_(14).jpg

Atari_2600_(125).jpg

Digging the CollectorVision games. 2 of these guys are based in the Greater Montreal Area and I've had the chance to have some chats with them here and there. I can't recommend their Dead Tomb enough, even if they went to LRG for manufacturing and distribution.

• Like 1

Here's the latest haul.

I haven't been on a buying streak per se, but good lots have been coming my way.

The top row is exactly that, I was fortunate to score a good bundle of games and I kept these 3. I had th choice of Rune Factory Frontier and Tides of Destiny, I chose to keep the latter since I had never seen it.

In the middle I have Hungry Monster and Blip. Handheld LCDs and tabletops are like crack cocaine for me. Blip is a fairly common Pong clone, it's not great. More mecanical than digital tbh. On the other hand, Hungry Monster is very interesting, it's a portable Pac-Man clone by Tandy. 

And at the bottom I got more Lynx games in the mail. An ebay seller was nice enough to rearrange two lots they had to sell me these 4 together. Action platformers are a strong genre in the Lynx's library so I'm trying to grab them in priority. The Lynx port of Xenophobe is the definitive home version. I had come across the arcade cabinet when I was a kid and it left an impression on me, but the NES port is an embarassment. This version is leagues better than the NES's offering. Dracula is hella interesting it's a slow paced graphical novel of sorts, you explore rooms and solve puzzles via a menu not unlike the one in Maniac Mansion. This really stands out in a library that's otherwise focused on arcade conversions or arcade-oriented titles.

My Lynx set is now 32/71

IMG_E2424[1].JPG

Edited by WhyNotZoidberg
  • Like 11

I wanted to share this because I feel like it is a good example of how you can still find deals on eBay...I almost feel bad for the guy, because he had to pay $35 to ship this!

So, the "title pic" of the eBay listing only had a picture of the 6 CIB games (which were sports titles plus Virtual On), but the Title said "Saturn games/Controller gun/memory card", so I look at the rest of his pics and read the description, and he's got 3 things I've been looking for: A stunner, a copy of Christmas Nights with Sleeve, and at least 3-4 nice condition OEM Saturn cases that I can take from those sports games...His pics never showed everything together, and you had to read the long description to piece it together, so I got all this for $120 (after shipping and taxes) - I actually won the 5-day auction...was the only bidder at $100...

I1990778718_IMG_11181.thumb.JPG.d4a87d2c347c584ff9257d0f191e7336.JPG

The second Christmas Nights and the Street Fighter Alpha 2 don't have game discs, same with one of the Daytona USAs, but STILL! According to this eBay auction that ended today, I basically got my money back with the complete Christmas Nights and everything else was gravy!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Christmas-Nights-Into-Dreams-Sega-Saturn-1996-/174838559391?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l44720.c10&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

• Like 9

Got these three recently. I only have one left once I get my orders in that are in transit. Cowboy Kid and Ultima came from eBay and Wacky Races I happened upon at a game store in VA beach. Talked the owner down $100 to $299. Cowboy Kid I emailed the seller that I noticed it had been sitting awhile and offered a fair price and they sent me an offer not much later. I've been having success with that lately, reaching out even if they don't have best offer as an option. 

20210720_180841.jpg

• Like 9

pickups_jul2021.jpg.e531c11b66a7c7ffa7fa4e7f7f16a99b.jpg

Here's my latest stuff.  Well actually, I've had Ys on PS4 since release, I just didn't think to post it until I got the Switch version.  Looks like I still have a double dipping addiction.  I got Skyward Sword, the Joy Cons, and the poster.  Now I just need to track down the Loftwing Amiibo.  And finally, I grabbed those Mario figures for $2 each.

• Like 10

14 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Got these three recently. I only have one left once I get my orders in that are in transit. Cowboy Kid and Ultima came from eBay and Wacky Races I happened upon at a game store in VA beach. Talked the owner down $100 to $299. Cowboy Kid I emailed the seller that I noticed it had been sitting awhile and offered a fair price and they sent me an offer not much later. I've been having success with that lately, reaching out even if they don't have best offer as an option. 

20210720_180841.jpg

Hell yeah Wacky Races! My favorite top-dollar NES game.

• Like 1

I’ve been pretty collecting-busy this summer.  I’ve got a bunch of solid pickups so far.  

QSmfsaJ.jpg

yJfDNFk.jpg

s66PLc8.jpg

Vnn0NtH.jpg

Added mostly boxes.  Bubble Bobble and Zelda specifically are box upgrades.  A bunch like the black boxes are CB or CIB.

I’ve also been adding the Japanese Suikoden titles.  Here is Card Battles and Suikogaiden 1.  The others I’m just waiting on the shipment.  Whenever that will be lol 😝 

• Like 9
  • Love 3

14 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

I’ve been pretty collecting-busy this summer.  I’ve got a bunch of solid pickups so far.  

QSmfsaJ.jpg

yJfDNFk.jpg

s66PLc8.jpg

Vnn0NtH.jpg

Added mostly boxes.  Bubble Bobble and Zelda specifically are box upgrades.  A bunch like the black boxes are CB or CIB.

I’ve also been adding the Japanese Suikoden titles.  Here is Card Battles and Suikogaiden 1.  The others I’m just waiting on the shipment.  Whenever that will be lol 😝 

Nice stuff. If I get a Zelda or Zelda II, it will be with the window.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 8:44 PM, Renmauzo said:

I love those visual compendiums.  I have each of the first 7 they have released.  I also have a few of their other books including the SNES box art book and the Micro Machines book.  They have several other books I want to eventually order.  

• Wow! 1

47 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

That's a pretty long list isn't it?  I have all of the games released on US PS systems, but that means I'm missing the DS game and of course everything that was released in Japan only.  

I was in the same boat with just the PS releases forever until recently. There’s actually only a handful of unique titles they got that we didn’t.  Suikogaiden 1 & 2, Card Stories, and Tsumugareshi on PSP.  Was not bad to just knock out.  Did discover in the process though that there’s some dude in Canada with a boatload of awesome Suikoden merch and I want it all.

1 minute ago, Hammerfestus said:

I was in the same boat with just the PS releases forever until recently. There’s actually only a handful of unique titles they got that we didn’t.  Suikogaiden 1 & 2, Card Stories, and Tsumugareshi on PSP.  Was not bad to just knock out.  Did discover in the process though that there’s some dude in Canada with a boatload of awesome Suikoden merch and I want it all.

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but I thought there was a ton of Suikoden stuff released on the PSP that was only released in Japan.  

On 7/18/2021 at 9:44 PM, Renmauzo said:

The JRPG book is great. I love that import and history enthusiasts sites like HardcoreGaming101 document all this stuff that otherwise is lost on the English-speaking world but it's so great to have it actually published. It just feels so much more permanent.

I also just got this Encyclopedia of Legendary RPG, which is a more of a reference-y one game per page type book but the JRPG book is more beautiful and informative (and much more English)

ued79xY.png

Best thing I got recently was the PC-9821 release of Policenauts. I'm not an Japanese PC expert but it doesn't seem easy to find this at least. One big step closer to the Kojima set.

WOvv0LM.png

• Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

The JRPG book is great. I love that import and history enthusiasts sites like HardcoreGaming101 document all this stuff that otherwise is lost on the English-speaking world but it's so great to have it actually published. It just feels so much more permanent.

I also just got this Encyclopedia of Legendary RPG, which is a more of a reference-y one game per page type book but the JRPG book is more beautiful and informative (and much more English)

ued79xY.png

Best thing I got recently was the PC-9821 release of Policenauts. I'm not an Japanese PC expert but it doesn't seem easy to find this at least. One big step closer to the Kojima set.

WOvv0LM.png

Books Tyler? Books. And a PC game. What I'm supposed to be IMPRESSED?

Where's the DANK! 😩

• Haha 3