IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

I think I had a good day between both half price books I walked into earlier.  What do you think? 🙂  If the price is lost, the bag was $6 and that was at one location farther away the closer had the rest.  ...grumble...now only if that emerald I found recently wasn't utterly destroyed by the former owner. 😕  Now I've got a guide for 2 games with no game (other being fire emblem gamecube.)  I'll have to remedy that eventually.

july11-21finds.jpeg.6bb35ef010927808972c1dbb7102a13b.jpeg

• Like 10

Haven't been doing much retro collecting although I did snag some DC games from @RegularGuyGamer.

IMG_20210704_212722.jpg.f3eb0fd7ef483a992df7ff1ca81b0d7f.jpg

Also recently added some movies and games on sale. Luigi's Mansion 3 was free courtesy of a Target screwups so that's cool.

S4Vg5pX.jpg

vuo9dIu.jpg

UJgeGPd.jpg

Big shoutout to @neodolphino for an amazing quality homebrew package. Everything here is top notch.

L94q0Pl.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TrekMD said:

Very well!  Champ Games makes top quality ports!  Check out this video:

Wow, that is really impressive.  It even has the escalator levels, the only minor thing I noticed missing was the short ditty it plays when it says "can you catch the lion" right before the start of the lion level.  Other than that, this game is like 100% complete.  It even looks like it might have extra space to display the millions digit in the score, which even the original arcade game is missing (you have to wait till the high score screen to see how many millions you've attained).  Could you imagine seeing that game come out on the old Atari in 1983.....

@Strange You're good.  I did one of those IPS mods to the exact same unit.  They can be depending on angle hard to take a solid picture of as it'll saturate or blur the pixels just a bit.  Castlevania Legends, fantastic game, in some ways outside of konami (butt kissing) purists it's like the best one on the old handheld not that CV2 there is a lesser.)  I hate they ret-conned that entire game out of some dumb reasoning, it's just good, and the story works.  It's hard to get that game clean, usually the top 20% of the label is rubbed purplish red into white due to it being on the dawn of NA region cheap ink stickers.

That said, and not deserving of images, .99 cents got me Wii Sports Resort today game, art, case...no manual.  Whatever, it's a big savings.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

@Strange You're good.  I did one of those IPS mods to the exact same unit.  They can be depending on angle hard to take a solid picture of as it'll saturate or blur the pixels just a bit.  Castlevania Legends, fantastic game, in some ways outside of konami (butt kissing) purists it's like the best one on the old handheld not that CV2 there is a lesser.)  I hate they ret-conned that entire game out of some dumb reasoning, it's just good, and the story works.  It's hard to get that game clean, usually the top 20% of the label is rubbed purplish red into white due to it being on the dawn of NA region cheap ink stickers.

That said, and not deserving of images, .99 cents got me Wii Sports Resort today game, art, case...no manual.  Whatever, it's a big savings.

I’m excited to play it. I don’t hate Castlevania The Adventure but I’ve heard a lot of people say Legends is light years better than that one so I’m curious to see how it holds up to the other two in the GB trilogy. The same store had a copy of Avenging Spirit too but unfortunately I missed out on that one.

2 minutes ago, Strange said:

I’m excited to play it. I don’t hate Castlevania The Adventure but I’ve heard a lot of people say Legends is light years better than that one so I’m curious to see how it holds up to the other two in the GB trilogy. The same store had a copy of Avenging Spirit too but unfortunately I missed out on that one.

Oh it definitely is.  The original game isn't bad, just stiff with some pretty poor jump(landing) mechanics where basically go up in a more narrow arc and then just slam down hard on the spot almost making for some ugly jumps needing to be nearly pixel of Belmont's toe close, which is a real bitch on an original DMG panel with that blur in motion.  Legends though, it's more refined than even CV2 was, solid stage design, multiple paths in them too and hidden bits, solid weapons, hidden gear to find as well to use in the boss/final battles too.  It's quite well done, I'd put it on par/barely over CV2 potentially depending how one feels about the stages/design of that game.

• Like 1

So I scratched off two big blanks in my Sega Saturn collection. I'm really down to one or two games that I would even want before having basically every game I had wanted. 

IMG_20210712_192216__01.jpg.5d9464dff3cc1a2ace24cb4d366bdf2c.jpg

I saw a seller list Astal for about $20 less than auction price and noticed he had Panzer Dragoon 2 up FS as well. I looked at his sold listings and it was obvious he was cleaning house. So I sent him a message and told him I wanted both games and that if he liked my offer to feel free to ship them out in the same box. I ended up getting both games for $215 shipped. These were two of the games I had sold back in 2015 and vowed to get the again once I got back outta college.

I also got inspired to by the Snoopy Tennis game after @achuesposted that epic article. This weekend I managed to get a SP 101 and some games two of which made their way into my collection. 

IMG_20210712_192317__01.jpg.1fbc6d71c2eed819756094fbd107e911.jpg

Overall some real welcome additions to the collection. 

• Like 14
  • Love 2

19 hours ago, Strange said:

Super happy to pick up this clean copy of Legends. I’m not a boxed GB collector so having it cart only is no issue for me.

I also picked up a backlit atomic purple GBC, but I can never do the screens justice in photos so just take my word for it.

5E679A29-DEB0-4A8B-9084-63E0F2888ABD.jpeg

Nice Legends, I have one up on ebay. But I really wanted to say this is probably the cleanest label I've seen on a Ninja Crusaders! Nice pick ups.

• Thanks 1

I bought a jobber lot to resell last week and I was able to skim some cream off the top to finally get my hands on Ivy the Kiwii for the Wii, Aliens Infestation DS and Zero Time Dilemma. (I have the 3 Nonary games with this one now).

If I'm honest I loved 999 and completed everything, I did just one playthrough of Virtue's Last Reward and I only got Zero Time Dilemma to complete the trilogy. The charm of the original was clearly lost in the 2nd title, maybe because the gimmick is less effective the second time around, maybe it's the characters that didn't mesh as well with me I don't know. 

Vandal Hearts came from a collector-to-collector purchase, it's a favorite of mine and now I own a clean copy. Paid the price on this one but I wanted it. 

And last but not least, I must be doing something right because my Lynx collection is growing, and here you see a replacement screen lens (mine is cracked) and a BennVenn drop-in LCD screen to make my ol' Model 2 feel new again. Can't wait to do the work on the console and try out a few games with the new brightness.

IMG_2328.JPG

Edited by WhyNotZoidberg
better with a picture!
  • Like 10

26 minutes ago, WhyNotZoidberg said:

I bought a jobber lot to resell last week and I was able to skim some cream off the top to finally get my hands on Ivy the Kiwii for the Wii, Aliens Infestation DS and Zero Time Dilemma. (I have the 3 Nonary games with this one now).

If I'm honest I loved 999 and completed everything, I did just one playthrough of Virtue's Last Reward and I only got Zero Time Dilemma to complete the trilogy. The charm of the original was clearly lost in the 2nd title, maybe because the gimmick is less effective the second time around, maybe it's the characters that didn't mesh as well with me I don't know. 

Vandal Hearts came from a collector-to-collector purchase, it's a favorite of mine and now I own a clean copy. Paid the price on this one but I wanted it. 

And last but not least, I must be doing something right because my Lynx collection is growing, and here you see a replacement screen lens (mine is cracked) and a BennVenn drop-in LCD screen to make my ol' Model 2 feel new again. Can't wait to do the work on the console and try out a few games with the new brightness.

IMG_2328.JPG

ugh, great grab on Aliens Infestation. I borrowed that one from a friend when it came out. Always wish I had bought my own copy, as it's awesome and a bit on the pricey side these days.

Obscure: The Aftermath is also on my want list.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JVOSS said:

the newest game for the MEGA WORLD COLLECTION.  As of 7-13-2021 it's the second one to be seen.  the other owner is the EPIC collector @NeXmetal

i have to clean and re-photo but here it is in the pre-cleanup...

151517798_yellowtetris.thumb.jpg.79c25dde94fe9122f95fd0e0c3b28b01.jpg

I'm so jealous!!! I think I saw it on eBay, is it where you bought it?
Anyway, BRAVO for this pickup 😍

4 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Wow. Not a kirby or figure guy, but that is incredible @goldenpp72

I'm super early into a Sonic one as well but the major figure for it and Mega Man aren't in my house yet so Kirby is the furthest along one. These will likely be the last ones I do simply because the space will be full but it'll likely take the rest of the year for enough stuff to come in to really make them 'done' looking. I didn't used to care about the idea of figures or decor but I wanted the room to be more than just walls of games after accumulating so much, so I guess it just cascaded into stuff like this.

E6TGWNqWYAIaZC7?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by goldenpp72
  • Like 3

Just now, goldenpp72 said:

I'm super early into a Sonic one as well but the major figure for it and Mega Man aren't in my house yet so this is the furthest along one. These will likely be the last ones I do simply because the space will be full but it'll likely take the rest of the year for enough stuff to come in to really make them 'done' looking.

E6TGWNqWYAIaZC7?format=jpg&name=large

Thats incredible. Your gameroom is a literal museum, I hope you do a room tour at some point. 

Im just like, how do you have so much space? If your gameroom is more than 1200 sq ft, its literally larger than my house. 

• Like 1

Just now, MrWunderful said:

Thats incredible. Your gameroom is a literal museum, I hope you do a room tour at some point. 

Im just like, how do you have so much space? If your gameroom is more than 1200 sq ft, its literally larger than my house. 

It's basically a floor I guess but I think it's something like 900 square feet. It's a bit tighter in terms of space than it was the last time I posted pictures simply because I took on a major project to move all the systems I had in my living room into this spot there (which captured everything from Wii/360/ps3 up to Switch/PS4/Xbox One) which resulted in storing most of the 'filler' and basically using up any possible space that was left. It took like 3 months of off and on moving just to get that done but it's coming along pretty well finally. For about 3 months I couldn't actually move down there recently without nearly breaking something, but at least now there are decent sized pathways once again lol.

It comes to a point where you sometimes preferred the more streamlined look but also are happy you were able to do more with the space, so it's reaching that point of going much further would really push it passed being aesthetically pleasing and just being messy instead, so I guess I have to stop on that front and all I'll have left is the task of finishing the game collecting aspect, which I could die before doing but you gotta have goals.